Has the interest in Pinterest already peaked?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (21 posts)
  1. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 11 years ago
    1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I got my first spam from there yesterday, that is usually the beginning of the end.

2. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 11 years ago

Well hubbers sure have lost interest lol

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Haha I never had interest smile

1. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well it certainly looks like it could be a flash in the pan kind of site

It surely is. And most ppl just like me joined  to check it out and then never returned.

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 11 years ago

I didn't jump on board when it first began and was recently accepted. I get a few pins a day and I'm not sure if it is helping with views or not.

4. Lynn Smythe profile image58
    Lynn Smytheposted 11 years ago

I belong to too many online sites, thought a long time about joining Pinterest. I finally joined a couple of days ago.

I have 4 boards added so far, 1 for each of my diva blogs; Cuisine Diva, Bike Diva, Craft Diva and Backyard Diva. It's helping to bring more traffic to each of my blogs.

A lot of my friends and family members also use Pinterest so it's a good way to keep them up to date with some of the stuff going on in my life. If they see a photo I posted up to Pinterest that they find interesting, they can click on the link to be taken to the blog post featuring that photo.

Since I'm a fulltime freelance writer, I use a lot of social media sites to help promote my writing. smile

1. Stephanie Henkel profile image92
      Stephanie Henkelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think that hubbers have lost interest in going into Pinterest and following or repinning other hub writers' sites, but that's not particularly a bad thing as we really need more outside traffic.

I still pin other people's hubs, especially if there are really good pictures on it, and I pin my own new hubs. I get quite a bit of activity on any new pins, and these pins help to generate more outside traffic. It only takes a minute, and seems well worth while.

2. profile image57
      craigbrianposted 11 years agoin reply to this

yes

1. profile image57
        craigbrianposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have an experience with pinterest offlate for the promotion of blog and i have found it one of the growing platform.

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

I don't know if it's peaked?

However, I am presently still using it.

Oh look who's back smile

6. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

I think it's been weeks since I've pinned anything there. I do still drop by fairly often to "Like" this, that, and the other. I don't know why though...

7. paradigmsearch profile image60

This thread caused me to go and pin something. That will probably hold me for another few weeks. big_smile

8. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 11 years ago

I love pinning!  I love doing scrapbooks and Pinterest is like that.. a fun hobby. 

I get a few views on some hubs.. not much.  I get a few sales on Amazon, that might have come from Pinterest, I'm not sure as the products bought were not the Amazon products I promote on my hubs and my Pinterest board.

I don't pin much, but I still enjoy pinning when I have time.  It's a fun hobby.. and if get a few views on my hubs and some Amazon sales, that's icing on the cake.

9. inspiredbygod profile image60
    inspiredbygodposted 11 years ago

pinterest had 11 million new unique users in the last 7 months... businesses and small businesses are learning how to market themselves and their products through pinterest. The push within those communities is opening a huge vector of new users that are embracing social media as tools of marketing... I think pinterest has only just begun!

10. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 11 years ago

The Daily Mail like to "Talk down" the bench with Pinterest. Mabe someone is betting the "other" way? Facebook is about to go on public offering. I personally find that Pinterest is a great Platform for both getting traffic and interest to my hubs and boards.

I see the Daily mail has a news article about Chimps too. Chimps are uninterested in what "The Joneses" do next door, but simply create their own tools and get on with what they are doing. The idea of being distracted by something like an abstract "market" doesn't reach them whatsoever. Their needs are simppler and it proves to be effective. Maybe humans should try that, it works great!

I am a big fan of Pinterest. It is more popular with women it seems!

11. paradigmsearch profile image60

"Has the interest in Pinterest already peaked?"

I've been thinking that myself lately. Reason being that I thought I was seeing fewer new pins show up when I was there. However, what with quantcast being an estimate, and alexa being alexa; I really couldn't come to any firm conclusions.

12. AfricaResource profile image60
    AfricaResourceposted 11 years ago

I'm not sure it has the foundations to stick around as long as Facebook and Twitter, but you never know. The concept, whilst clever is ever so simple and i think unless they introduce new interactive features interest may begin to wain slightly.

13. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 11 years ago

I have dabbled a little there; I think that BO.LT will beat out Pinterest.  I like that site much better.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)