Who Will Win South Africa 2010 World Cup?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (30 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

First World Cup to be held in Africa. I should be there! Who'll carry the cup?

1. noserver profile image55
      noserverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Netherland
      England
      German
      Brazil
      Argentina
      Spain

2. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

I hope England and we are looking good in qualifiers, would be nice we havn't had it since 1966! But realistically i think maybe Spain or Brazil but who knows?

3. sschilke profile image75
    sschilkeposted 14 years ago

Spain has had a World Cup history of melting down, but this time I believe they are poised to win.  Their technical mastery is unparralled at this time.  Even Brazil, as skilled as they can be, do not play with the sophistication or tactical awareness of the current Spainish team.  Unless totall disaster strikes the squad (Spain) I do not see them losing.

sschilke

4. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Is that for soccer?

5. dipless profile image68

Football to us Brits wink But yeah big_smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oops ok sorry

1. dipless profile image68
        diplessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no need to be sorry wink

6. Anti-Valentine profile image74
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

South Africa probably won't.

I'll go with England- my family live there.

7. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Cameroon.  I love their style of play.

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a good one. Cameroon. How about Nigeria? We have to qualify first, though. Tunisia Vs Nigeria on the 21st will decide who qualifies in the group. My fingers are crossed.

8. BristolBoy profile image63
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

As a proud Englishman my heart says England and I believe we possibly have as good a chance as we have had in recent years, plus for many players it will possibly be their last chance to win an international prize.  However my head says Spain will take some beating, and as always the two south American giants of Argentina and Brazil can never be discounted, along with Germany and Italy and possibly France.  Also South Africa as the hosts can't be discounted.  However, if I had to choose one team I would say Spain followed by Brazil, England, Germany and for some reason I feel America are in with a chance.

9. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

I would have to say Greece or England!

Maybe it is time for an African team to win it - long overdue.

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You got that right.

10. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

The talent is certainly there smile

11. dipless profile image68

common ENGLAND big_smile

12. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Ok well if Beckham was playing Id vote England..tongue
    If not Brazil smile

13. skmsports profile image59
    skmsportsposted 14 years ago

Brazil my fav :-)

14. dipless profile image68

I don't think realistically Beckham will be in the team next year, however he does keep surprising us smile

15. Kenty profile image61
    Kentyposted 14 years ago

may be china

16. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I say it's going to be ME hehehe just kidding. I don't know but to all who are going to be there competiting I wish you all good luck!

1. Kenty profile image61
      Kentyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

can i make friend with you

17. awsydney profile image61
    awsydneyposted 14 years ago

Australia will beat England (hehe! and ouch!!) in the semi finals 3-1.

Brazil and Germany will be tied 2-2 after full time in the other semi finals but Brazil go through in penalty kicks 14-13.

So Australia will meet Brazil in the final. Tim Cahill scores the first goal in the 35th minute but Germany will level the score at the 41st minute (my crystal ball is not revealing the scorer yet) and Australia will bring on John Aloisi after Vince Grella gets injured in the 43rd minute.

Full time score 1-1 between Australia and Germany. Then Australia score the golden goal in the 3rd minute of extra time through John Aloisi and the Aussies win the World Cup...yaaaaaay!!! Aussie Aussie Aussie...Oi Oi Oi!!

18. JamesCurtis profile image59
    JamesCurtisposted 14 years ago

England? Seriously? I'd love it to be true but as long as I've been alive we have been no where near the best in the world. As to who will win it I have no idea...

19. JamesCurtis profile image59
    JamesCurtisposted 14 years ago

Although AW Sydney I'd love to see a World Cup final goal from Super Timmy Cahill - he's well on his way to being an Everton legend.

20. arunjain1989 profile image61
    arunjain1989posted 14 years ago

I would say Brazil or Spain

21. egiv profile image62
    egivposted 14 years ago

Haha I would be surprised to see England or Australia do so well, but who knows! As an American I want to use this summer's Confederations Cup (even though we lost to Brazil) to say that we have a shot, but as a soccer (football) fan I would have to lean towards Brazil. After beating Messi and the gang 3-1, it's tough to see them losing.

I'm all for a new winner though!

22. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

I'd love to see a Brazil England final go to extra time.

Can say the stadiums are near completion. Have one virtually outside my front door in Durban.

The debate in South Africa right now is if Fifa will allow the supporters to use the Vuvezelas or not. During the Confed cup, the din overcame alot of the players.

If they allow them, then I might have to go with an African country used to playing with the noise.

23. andromida profile image54
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

Brazil or maybe Argentina.

24. arun kuruvilla profile image74
    arun kuruvillaposted 14 years ago

Brazil and Brazil only!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)