What has made you smile or laugh today?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (56 posts)
  1. Brandon Martin profile image61
    Brandon Martinposted 11 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6773612_f248.jpg
    Studies show, smiling or laughing often is beneficial to your health!

1. nightwork4 profile image61
      nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

i have a 4 month old daughter and she is finding her "voice". listening to her baby talk this morning not only made me smile, it made me laugh.it's awesome.

Brandon Martinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

smile  That's awesome! Reminds me of my other siblings when they were babies... something to treasure forever!

2. Laurinzo Scott profile image63
      Laurinzo Scottposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What made me laugh this morning, and what always gets my heart in a 'right position'. Was a child. This little girl was trailing behind her mom, and it seemed that everything caught her attention. That three year old was very much in charge, and I don't think she even knew it, she was just care-free , as children should be. Wish we didn'l lose that ability to smile Brandon. Great question!

Haha, cute. That is a life-long goal of mine ("Wish we didn'l lose that ability to smile"). Thank you for commenting. Feel free to share more of your happiness to the HubPages community on here! Take care.

3. Brandon Martin profile image61

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6797494_f248.jpg

Credit to: This picture is from the "LOL Pics" App for IPod/Phone.

2. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 11 years ago

When you live with a man like my husband, smiling a lot is just the norm, lol...he usually has me laughing more often than not, too.  smile

smile

3. ftclick profile image55
    ftclickposted 11 years ago

took a day off from watching the news.

Haha.

4. Dr Pooja profile image61
    Dr Poojaposted 11 years ago

My son's cute answer made me laugh laugh and laugh today.he is 2yrs and mths old and I just asked him ..What is the red thing that comes out when we get injured? Pat came the answer: Ketchup !!!

How cute. LOL.

5. love my yorkies profile image61
    love my yorkiesposted 11 years ago

Just read a hub about border collies and it made me think of border collie i had and all the funny things she would do.  Made me smile to remember my "Joey"!

smile

6. tirelesstraveler profile image60
    tirelesstravelerposted 11 years ago

My son, who is going camping for a couple of days with friends, just walked out of the house wearing a navy captains hat. 
    Mom: "Are you going to wear that hat"?
    Son:"Of course"
    Mom:" Why"
    Son: "Because I am captain of my car".
    smile

LOL Haha! Thanks for sharing!

7. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

Half of the posts I have been reading in the forums. lol lol lol

1. tirelesstraveler profile image60
      tirelesstravelerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. Brandon Martin profile image61

Ya. smile

8. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 11 years ago

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/392884_321451887865721_362796000_n.jpg

1. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image61
      Jo_Goldsmith11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

this is horrible! omgoodness...too funny. smile

1. mega1 profile image78
        mega1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

looking at the rest of her art - some is funny, some is not, but it is all good!  I even like her name "Sandrine"

OMGosh! LOL! Very cool. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for giving the artist name! smile

9. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 11 years ago

and also:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l_EmyuXK8G4/Tc7DWYg01aI/AAAAAAAAAyY/rtkHQ477RqI/s1600/paris%2Blibre.jpg 

same artist:  Sandrine Estrade Boulet

LOL. This had me laughing non-stop!

10. Laura Schneider profile image85
    Laura Schneiderposted 11 years ago

My dog, River. What a clown!
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6032757_f248.jpg

smile Nice dog!!

11. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

Well..  Nothing yet.  I ran out of cream for coffee and had to lighten my coffee with a little bottle of chocolate milk aimed at preschool kids.  (I thought it might taste like mocha, but it just tastes like warm chocolate milk with coffee bitterness added to it.  hmm)  BUT, it's still just 7:45 a.m. here.  The day is young.  I imagine it will happen eventually before the day is over (and most likely only after I get some decent coffee).

Good luck on your quest for the perfect coffee. smile

12. ALUR profile image60
    ALURposted 11 years ago

It's my bday and I'm counting my blessings before the dim thoughts threaten to reign supreme:)

Happy Birthday! smile happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to ALUR, and many more too! Habby BDay!

2. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image61

@ ALUR  Happy Birthday to YOU!! Blessings and smiles the whole DAY through! smile

13. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 11 years ago

Watching the new baby chicks
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6786745_f248.jpg

AWESOME!

14. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 11 years ago

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/556068_428783477161715_189995852_n.jpg   this made me smile

there goes my diet! smile

Couch-potato.....Couch-cake... thanks lots!

15. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image61
    Jo_Goldsmith11posted 11 years ago

Being here on Hub Pages and reading other talented writers always makes me smile. Sharing the ones that really move me to chuckle or think. My family, my husband and my dog. Knowing that my cp is still in good shape makes me relieved too. You are right..it takes more energy to use your frown muscles than it does to smile! smile Keep smiling folks! smile

1. Laura Schneider profile image85
      Laura Schneiderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hear! Hear!

Jo said it. "Keep smiling folks!"

Keep on smiling and the world will smile with you, because a smile is something you can always give away with a pretty good chance of getting one or more in return.

Random acts of happiness...pass it on!

--Laura

Laura,

I am heading over toread some of your work...I am sure to smile! smile nice to meet you.

1. Laura Schneider profile image85
          Laura Schneiderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Jo! It's nice meeting you, too!

smile smile smile Thanks for the comment.
      "Keep smiling folks" is right! Take care! laugh lots!

16. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

I got that coffee I mentioned previously.  It took until 6 p.m, but I got it.  Then, I smiled over a bunch of things; not the least of which was seeing an online comment by my daughter's fiance that said he feels incredibly lucky to have her in his life.  Gee.  If I'd seen that in the morning when all I had was coffee with chocolate milk in it (or else club soda), I might have smiled a lot earlier in the day.   smile

LOL. smile . Great to hear! Thanks for your post!

17. Shanna11 profile image75
    Shanna11posted 11 years ago

Some creepy guy who was asking me for money asked me where I got my diamonds from.

I was puzzled and asked him if he meant the fake diamond studs I was wearing.

He replied "No, silly-- the diamonds in your eyes."

I reflexively told him to shut up because he couldn't even see my eyes behind my sunglasses.

He responded that I needed to smile.

In the end, he didn't make me smile. I just developed the urge to punch him in the mouth.

I smiled at my boss's joke though "Did you hear about my gay dwarf friend who just came out of the cupboard?"

"your urge to punch him in the mouth makes me laugh! go you! smile I would of too! punched him that is...smile)

Haha. Too funny, thanks!!

18. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

Today, I realized that I'm no content writer.  If I enjoyed it and really needed the money, maybe I would have lasted longer.  I turned down a content writing job that would pay me two bucks if I completed it.  I told the boss that I made more money illegally sorting tomatoes by the hour in the 115-degree Sacramento Valley heat when I was 13.  Yeah, Bud.  Back then, I made $2.10 an hour (the early 70s).

This is where I start singing (with feeling), "Take this job and SHOVE it!!!"

1. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm not either, Arlene.  I've done it when the right pay and right project has come along, but I've worked my way down to never doing that at all.    It's bad enough that I write stuff that doesn't particularly interest me offline (or at least away from the whole Internet-search thing).  And you're right.  The pay that's often offered to people for that work is a giant insult.   smile  (I made 2.10 an hour at a supermarket where I worked during high-school.  It was the late 60's, and I was sixteen.  roll)  (Sorry.  I didn't work all those years to get to that - or even the "big" $15 an hour to write about unbearable subjects.   hmm )

Wow. That something more awful,  than most I have read. I'm sorry.

19. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

Oh, Lisa!  I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your comments!  Thank you so much for your insights, too!

Would you believe this same clown said that he would leave the job open for me, and it was my decision to take it or not???

What???  Am I being tested for my patience, or what?

Anyway, I have to laugh and smile over this incident.  Almost two years ago, I did have this project that lasted seven months.  It did pay more, but I got tired of the way the writers were treated.  But I did learn a lot about how content writing works.  No regrets there.  I did learn that these people don't care to hear what you have to say.  Tough.  I'll say what I feel.  There's no sense stuffing it.

What can they do?  Fire me???  I have come to the point where I don't wanna do it anymore because it's no longer fun for me.

I know now that all the signs point to me going back to working on my novel.  I will also keep writing for HubPages.  I've been here a year (this month!), so there's another milestone for me.

1. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can't believe I've been hear over four-and-half years at this point; but the reason I started here was to have that chance to write what I wanted to write, or else just get away from some of the more formal stuff).  I could do that here (although I've always tried to "earn my keep" by trying to find some way to sort of make some of the subjects at least a shred useful in some "lame" way).  With everything that's gone on in the last year (since Panda), I'm just kind of thinking, "Hey.  Write whatever you want to write, and let the chips fall where they may.  I've been pretty dissatisfied with my "hybrid" style of writing, so I've got four-plus years of stuff I kind of hate.

I've been very happy to earn what I've been earning in my "down time" writing, though.  It's a nice site.  I can't really see hopping around and starting "all new" in more places. It's fine.  I'm happy enough (considering it's a spare-time thing).  Sometimes I just stop thinking about where to take the spare-time stuff (since I'm already scrambling and worrying about where to take the non-spare-time stuff); and I'll just goof off for a couple/few weeks until I'm ready to write again.  hmm  I do other spare-time stuff too, and I definitely think that "eggs/basket" thing is important.  Since there's "no law" that says you can't take a break and then write (on here) again, it works well for me.  Happy First Anniversary.  (You'll probably be here for four or five more, no matter what you may think right now.   lol  )

20. profile image0
    mts1098posted 11 years ago

I was reading a stack of papers and reached the middle of the stack...The first line of the page read "If you cannot read, please see the receptionist"...I looked at the page numbers thinking they may have been out of order but they weren't...I just laughed smile

21. ocbill profile image54
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

remembering a standup comedian's imaginary GF on AGT. He said she had issues with being disconnected with reality

22. ladypatience profile image61
    ladypatienceposted 11 years ago

I just came from my neighbors. I went over to play around with her Huskies. They are adorable and well behaved. They are always happy to see me and me them. One of them actually barked at me, probably telling me to hurry put and pet them. smile

23. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 11 years ago

today? smile?  well, the supreme court made me smile today!  YES!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)