Remove Adsense Ads

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)
  1. freehowto profile image40
    freehowtoposted 11 years ago

Hi,

Can you tell me why I have to have my Hub covered with distracting Adsense Ads just because I have a single link to a free content website?

The whole purpose of Adsense is to place Ads that are related to the content which obviously means that the viewer is given numerous opportunities to leave my page and go to someone elses website.

The whole purpose of people putting any content on Hubpages is to link to some other content of their own choosing, not to have their hard earned visitor sent off to someone elses content so that Hubpages can make a few cents.

Surely if the content creator doesn't want to have a miriad of obtrusive Ads on the page then he should be able to switch them off while still being able to link to some other content of his/her choosing.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

Shaun.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are allowed to turn off your advertisements...  provided that you don't have ANY outgoing links to any websites that run any form of advertising or make any money/profit in any way.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#commercial

And btw, having non-live URLs to for-profit blogs will probably be viewed by the moderators as spam, deceptive or overly promotional.

2. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well with a name as "freehowto"....I would discern that you would have the answers to your own questions. smile

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Most people are here to post content and earn from the advertising.  So adsense is the default.  You can turn it off using the controls in the right column when you edit your hub.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

However, if you have any outgoing links you must allow ads.

4. psycheskinner profile image83

I guess the lesson is: there is no free lunch.  Applies well to SEO, I think.

5. freehowto profile image40

I guess that is the real question, why do we have to have so many Adsens Ads when we only have a single outbound link of our own?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps because this is Hubpage's site, and not our own.  They want to get from benefit from it, not just be milked for Googlejuice.

6. freehowto profile image40

I thought that if I used my own Adsense ID, which I obviously have, that I would make the few cents a click not Hubpages?

If so what difference does it make to them if I choose not to use my own ID but prefer not to swamp my pages with other peoples Ads?

I know I sound dumb but it doesn't make any sense to me unless Hubpages make money even if I use my own independant Adsense ID?

7. psycheskinner profile image83

Because Hubpages is not going to act like a charity (giving free hosting and/or free backlinks) unless the stuff you are posting is for charity.

And Hubpages does make money from your adsense links.

Honestly do you want people finding this thread via Google when checking out your SEO expertise?  I would suggest not. Perhaps you should send any further questions direct to the hubstaff, or read the FAQs.

8. freehowto profile image40

Doesn't really answer the question...

Do Hubpages make money from my Adsense ID?

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages shares the Adsense impressions - you get 60% of the impressions they get 40% of the impressions.

2. relache profile image72

No they don't make money from your AdSense ID, and if you took the time to read the FAQ or TOS, you'd know this.

3. psycheskinner profile image83

To quote myself:

"And Hubpages does make money from your adsense links"

Like every single content site out there bar about 2, they use your ID some of the time, and theirs some of the time.  This really is SEO 101 remedial level.  And this forum does Google quite well.  Hence my suggestion to quit while you are not taking too much of a hit in terms of not knowing much about SEO and the internetz in general. Especially as you are trying to promote a book about SEO.

9. freehowto profile image40

Wether Hubpages makes money from my content has absolutely nothing to do with SEO!

This is totally about monetization of someone elses content...I thought you might know that!

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
      Sally's Troveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nothing is for free. Nothing. The price you pay for publishing here is a portion of your earnings here to cover the cost of this being a platform for your use. Whether you have an AdSense or any other income-generating account that you use here or not, just being here costs you. And when you are using this platform to generate business for yourself, of course HP is going to use your article to make money for itself. That's business. Just imagine if I were to go to my local newspaper, offer them content that's meant to drive readers to my business, and then demand that they publish no ads on the page where my article appears. Oh, wait! If I offer them content intended to drive readers to my business, that's called advertising, and I pay for that.

And yes, this concept has everything to do with understanding and working with SEO concepts.

Oh well, I'm just repeating what others are saying. lol

10. psycheskinner profile image83

Back-links being a major component of that activity. Platform building and perceived reputation also being relevant when it comes to pushing a book.

11. freehowto profile image40

You are still not discussing the issue, but that is of little import really.

As an expert in online marketing I'm sure you know that it's quality that counts not quantity.

As you probably also know, Hubpages are not viewed as 'Quality' backlinks.

Just ask a Penguin...

Unfortunately I don't have time or the inclination to explain the basics to you today.

So if I can't stop Hubpages placing these Ads I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and input our Adsense ID...C'est la vie

1. relache profile image72

Can you explain how your Hub, which is clearly a landing page trying to get people to go to your blog and sign up for web hosting and videos, is demonstrative of quality?

2. psycheskinner profile image83

We've already answered your question.  Now we are just giving you as much rope as you want.

3. Reality Bytes profile image75
      Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Luckily for you some members have had the inclination to attempt to answer your question today.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)