Former pollster slams biased media

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (24 posts)
  1. JSChams profile image61
    JSChamsposted 11 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBR4g6cBYeA

Pat Caddell dishes on the media and the terrorist attack in Libya.

1. tammybarnette profile image60
      tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Please check out my featured hub, these fears are real, catastrophic to our democracy, and have been going on for a long time!

2. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think it's hilarious since FOX has Obama ahead by 5 points. That darned evil liberal media.

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Hypocritical much? He decries the media, yet:

Caddell is a regular guest on the Fox News Channel, and he is listed as an official 'Fox News Contributor'.
    He has also frequently appeared on the conservative website Ricochet.com discussing politics.

Caddell was involved in identifying people willing to participate in the anti-Obama film The Hope and the Change, produced by Citizens United.
    Currently Caddell takes almost exclusively pro-Republican positions, so in many political circles, he is now considered a Republican.

Here's another interesting video featuring Mr. Caddell on Fox News, circa 2010.
    How much has changed in the last two years, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIG7awT4 … re=related

JSChamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh I forgot it is a felony to work for or contribute to Fox News. It is also illegal to decide you work for the wrong side and change sides.

NOT!

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Felony? What?
        The hypocrisy is being paid by Fox News and turning around and slamming the media -- which includes his employer and arguably, himself.

If you look at his history, you will see that he is not above -- not at all -- using the media to get his own messages out to the world. Yep. He's quite the source.

But, I suppose his involvement in that film by Citizens United actually supports his position here.
        Why should anyone bother with the "lamestream" media, who are supposed to be fair and balanced but are biased, when you can simply buy influence outright with hatchet job films?
        roll

Oh yeah! Like Micheal Moore!

2. JSChams profile image61

The "lamestream media" works for the Democrat party and you know it.

Oh My! Please I beg you to read my newest. It is bipartisan because it is everyone! Rupert Murdoch owns Fox, do you understand what this means! Please< i beg you to read, I'm not a self promoter, couldn't give a rats behind about my hub score or how many followers I have, and yes I am a liberal, but this is everyone! We better all wake up!

1. Mmargie1966 profile image84
          Mmargie1966posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This hub mostly bashes the Bush name and Corporate America, Tammy.  Is this for "everyone" or just those you want to persuade to be anti-Republican?

Kudos on the research, by the way.

Lol, no I really am trying to be unbiased...I love Bill Clinton and was sad to see his part here. As I had tried to show, this has been going on since the Reagan years, or at least that long, and it is the fault of corrupt politicians and corrupt corporate America...No bashing intended, it's just where the facts lead.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Please stop spamming your hub, it's against the rules on the forum.

Never meant to break rules, I was afraid to leave the links because I thouht that was breaking the rules...My apologies, please forgive me and nobody read the hub. I hope that fixes the problem.

2. Mighty Mom profile image78

Yes, and the major corporations that own them are all Democrat controlled, too.

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6- … ica-2012-6

Yes, it's everyone! We the people are the only ones still believing this two party stuff! My links are on my site, but, Rupert is not a Dem, I won't say what he is because I have more class than that:)

Wanted to add, isn't interseting that so many  corporations are owned by "democrats" who also own much of the media, and yet it's the "republican" party who wants to give them tax breaks. Food for thought:)

2. tammybarnette profile image60

Not ALL of them

1. Mighty Mom profile image78

I should have put lol
            Seriously, how many of these media giants care about citizens or issues -- except as a means to make more money for themselves?

Very good point. Most large corporations are only concerned with the bottom line. For instance did any of the banks that were bailed out pass that on to their clients? The greed need is the the real problem in this country. Now that monopolies of media control knowledge "what we don't know, will hurt us."

The not all part was out of order, do not know how that happened, I meant not all of these corporations as provided by your link and my own research are democrats. News Corp, which is Murdoch, ownner of the Fox enterprise is not a Dem, as I mentioned earlier.

3. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

The public sees the media as biased. 47% say it's too liberal, while only 13% say it's too conservative:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/64261.html

1. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Which really means most people don't see the media as having a liberal bias.

Psychology and common sense make it abundantly clear that any such bias is highly unlikely. Scientific evidence proves that people like hearing stuff that agrees with what they believe, hearing others agree with you releases dopamine and basically get's you high in a way your body always wants. Any perceived liberal bias would also be contributed to by the fact that there are slightly more liberals around at the moment and because FOX so dominates the conservative viewership, while liberal viewership is more spread out and comparatively few people match say for example MSNBC (which really says nothing good about conservatives) so there will appear to be more channels to appeal to a liberal audience because there are apparently more liberal audiences.

It really makes no sense for there to be a liberal or conservative bias beyond the factors I mention.

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah...right.

2. tammybarnette profile image60

Out of 60% of respondents.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)