Weekly Topic Inspiration: Buying and selling cars

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

My mother is going through the process of buying a new car and selling her old one, and all the complications that arise have reminded me just how complicated this process can be! Every time we buy or sell a car, we learn a lot... why not write down those lessons learned and share them in Hub form?

This week, for the sake of my dear mother and all the car buyers / sellers out there, I beseech you to share your tips on:
    1. Choosing between purchasing new and old cars
    2. Choosing the best way to sell a used car
    3. Determine the important factors to compare when choosing between different cars
    4. Determining how much you can afford to buy given your current financial status
    5. Deciding whether to sell or donate an old car
    6. Negotiating with car dealers (or private sellers of used cars)
    7. Car sale and purchase etiquette
    8. Important paperwork to have ready when buying / selling a car
    … and anything else that crops up when one is faced with the daunting task of acquiring and passing on automobiles!

Don’t have a particular Hub in mind? Here are some search-friendly titles to consider using:

SELLING
    The Best Way to Sell a Car
    How to Sell Your Car to a Dealer
    How to Sell a Used Car
    Selling a Used Car: Dos and Don’ts
    Where to Sell Used Cars
    How to Sell Your Car
    How to Sell Your Car for Cash
    When to Sell Your Car
    How to Sell Your Car for Free
    Can I Sell My Car Online?
    How to Sell Cars Online
    How to Sell Your Car for Parts

BUYING
    The Best Month to Buy a Car
    The Best Cars to Buy Used
    The Best Cars to Buy New
    The Best Way to Buy a Car
    Important Considerations for Buying a Used Car
    Buying a Car with Bad Credit
    How to Buy a Car with Bad Credit
    The Best Place to Buy Used Cars
    A Safe Way to Buy Used Cheap Cars
    Where to Find Cheap Used Cars for Sale
    Car Buying Tips for First Time Buyers
    Used Car Buying Tips
    Tips for Buying a Used Car

To create search-friendly titles of your own, follow the steps outlined in this Learning Center guide.

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Stop by this week's Weekly Topic Inspiration Question.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

Oh, and do you want your WTI Hub to have a shot at becoming a Hub of the Day? Make sure the images are legally used and properly attributed!

1. Austinstar profile image84
      Austinstarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Used Car Buying Cars? Is this a typo? Should it be "Used Car Buying Tips?"

Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is! Just fixed it. Thanks for catching that!

2. JillKostow profile image88
    JillKostowposted 11 years ago

Here is my hub...

Purchasing a Car with Bad Credit

http://jillkostow.hubpages.com/hub/Purc … Bad-Credit

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
      Denise Handlonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Read and commented!   You were super quick getting this one out!

2. profile image0
      mjkearnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jill
      Nice job and have to 2nd Denise as you were super quick publishing this one, well done.

Read, commented, voted up and ticked. Great info especially now when Banks are unfairly squeezing everyone globally and they, The Banks, caused most of the problem.

You may have guessed that I'm not keen on Bankers but then again I'm not keen on Politicians either.

As I know a little about cars I'll have a go at info on buying used motors. Coming soon if I can get the fingers to work.

MJ.

1. JillKostow profile image88
        JillKostowposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!  You right, the banks did cause a lot of the problems and now they are making it so much harder for someone with even fair credit to obtain a loan.   Best of luck on your hub, can't wait to read it!!

3. Simone Smith profile image86

Jill, you're a total speed demon! This is a lovely, succinct, helpful resource- and it's great to see those fab original photos, too!

3. cashmere profile image76
    cashmereposted 11 years ago

Very opportune, we are considering selling our present car and upgrading to an SUV. Will be writing a hub soon.

4. Ruchira profile image72
    Ruchiraposted 11 years ago

smile  read

1. Ruchira profile image72
        Ruchiraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Denise smile Appreciate it

2. Simone Smith profile image86

Ruchira, you're so good with these WTI Hubs. Nicely done.

Might I recommend tweaking the title so that it's "A Complete Guide to Buying a New Car"?

"To" seems more appropriate than "on". Could be wrong. Just wanted to toss that out there.

1. Ruchira profile image72
        Ruchiraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Simone for your precious feedback.

I agree with the "to" versus the "on". Thank you!
        Cheers smile

5. LensMan999 profile image59
    LensMan999posted 11 years ago

This is my new hub "The Complete Guide to Hassle Free Car Buying and Selling "

Waiting for your reviews and feedbacks

http://lensman999.hubpages.com/hub/The- … nd-Selling

smile read

2. Denise Handlon profile image85

read  smile

3. Simone Smith profile image86

Excellent tips, and I like the way you've formatted it!

6. Glenn Stok profile image95
    Glenn Stokposted 11 years ago

Finally finished my hub for this topic...

Keep Your Old Car Or Buy A New One

http://glennstok.hubpages.com/hub/keep- … -a-new-one

A wonderfully polished guide, and I love your attention to detail! Stuff like cabin air filters would not even occur to me. Great Hub.

7. caseymel profile image91
    caseymelposted 11 years ago

Here is my Hub on the topic:

Buy A Newer Car Or Keep Your Old One?

http://caseymel.hubpages.com/hub/Buy-A- … r-Used-One

8. donnah75 profile image92
    donnah75posted 11 years ago

Great topic!  I wrote an article about selling my car and it won Hub of the Day in August.  A lot of people are looking for advice on this topic.  My hub about selling my car is still one of my top performers.  Check it out.

9. Blond Logic profile image93
    Blond Logicposted 11 years ago

Here is my hub for this week's topic.

http://blond-logic.hubpages.com/hub/whe … -used-cars

10. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 11 years ago

Hi Simoney Your highness
    and esteemed guests

Back again with a little offering from a little man with a little car knowledge and a little late. You may want 2 pots of coffee for this one:

How to buy your first used car.
    http://hub.me/aeejx

or you may want to try this shorter more general one from a while ago:

How to buy your first car.
    http://hub.me/ad3At

Well done everyone this week. Lots of great car buying and selling info produced this week.
    MJ.

11. Novel Treasure profile image87
    Novel Treasureposted 11 years ago

I took a more "tongue and cheek" approach to the category and did a hub on tips to buying Hot Wheels cars online.

http://noveltreasure.hubpages.com/hub/C … heels-Cars

1. Austinstar profile image84
      Austinstarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just finished my entry on Used Car Buying Tips. That title was already taken surprisingly.
      So I changed it to: http://austinstar.hubpages.com/hub/Top- … uying-Tips

12. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Happy Monday, everyone!

The guides you've created rock. Thanks for participating with last week's theme and sharing your car purchasing/selling advice.

Our new theme is developing a good family budget. Stop by the thread and share your tips!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)