Which Is Your Most Favorite Movie and why?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (33 posts)
  1. crystaleyes profile image60
    crystaleyesposted 11 years ago

Which is your most favorite family movie and why does you and your family like it among others?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dirty Dancing was one of the best movies ever.  The acting was superb, the story line was excellent and the dancing was fabulous.

2. PhoenixV profile image63
      PhoenixVposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I liked Inception quite a bit. Not sure its really a family movie. Old Disney moves are good family movies.

1. moneyfairy profile image60
        moneyfairyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Loved inception too!

2. crystaleyes profile image60

At Home we all loved Free Willy all the parts....  They show the wonderful love and friendship between human and wildlife..  also another favorite is Bornfree.. My son loves Elsa the Lion.  smile

3. profile image53
    jasongunmanposted 11 years ago

There are lots of movies that i have seen, And also there are lots movie that i like so much. Mostly i like t o watch Horror movies and Vampire Movies. And mine all time favorite movie is Twilight movie Series. I have see all 4 movies of this series. And guy's Its such a awesome love story to watch. the main reason behind the favorite is that the performance and the story. Both are remarkable. Guy's Must watch this movie. I'm sure that you will surely enjoy this

4. crystaleyes profile image60

Yes I agree jasongunman, I have watched twilight with my husband and we both liked it,, :-)

5. profile image57
    knowledgeismightposted 11 years ago

I love The Boondock Saints but also movies like Evil Dead, many of the Terence Hill & Bud Spencer flicks as wells movies about kung fu (the latter especially since I started with Wing Chun). I have still movies to watch like a Scandinavian film named "Headhunters" or all parts of "Howling" (whatever it is exactly, I just know it's about a werewolf). More to come. Not a movie but I like 3rd Rock from the Sun, Coupling, Numb3rs and some other series.

crystaleyesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

knowledgeismight,  The movie is called "The Howling" .. its is  a werewolf-themed horror film.. Do inform how you like it..

6. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

Mine is the original "RoboCop." It's got everything...dystopian Sci-Fi, action, black humor and an all around kick ass vibe.

1. Meg Davis profile image68
      Meg Davisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dude, RoboCop is a seriously underrated movie.  People always look at me funny when I say I love that movie, but then I find out they've never seen it.

7. crystaleyes profile image60

last evening i watched Rambo III with my family.. action, action and action,  great stallone movie!

8. profile image57
    knowledgeismightposted 11 years ago

Recently watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkT5yzZrml8
    Headhunters.

It was fun watching. Thriller.

9. austinhealy profile image72
    austinhealyposted 11 years ago

I'm debating between "A time to kill" and "The Cider House Rules". Both movies come from terrific writers, John Grisham for the first and John Irving for the other. Both movies have contoversial themes.
    The acting in both stories is extremely good. I rest my case:)

10. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 11 years ago

Each member of our family, my husband, a teenage daughter, and myself, all have our own favorites. as a family, we like seasonal movies like Home Alone. This always makes of laugh while keeping us in the Christmas spirit.

11. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 11 years ago

I don't just have one favorite movie. When I was younger I loved Herbie and the Love bug and the Parent Trap(the original one,with Haley Mills), Willy Wonka and The Chocolate factory(with Gene Wilder), But in more recent yrs. Leap Year, The Time Travelers wife, The Note Book,The Waitress, The Help (Awesome, Awesome film I Loved Minnie's character), I Am David(true story, history), What the Bleep, The Strange Life of Timothy Green, Charlie St. Cloud, Scoop, Serendipity,The Shell Seekers, Bed of Roses, Pursuit of Happiness......just to name a few. Sorry I couldn't pick just one...so many good ones to choose from smile

Thanks for your post... yes it is indeed difficult to choose a single movie as your favorite..
      Recently we again watched the home alone movies.. we loved them.. all over again

2. Meg Davis profile image68

Oh The Help!  I love that one!  The book is even better!

I know The Help was the greatest wasn't it!!! I'll have to get the book from the library.

1. Meg Davis profile image68

So good!  One of the best books I've read and I read A LOT!  What a debut for Kathryn Stockett.  Looking forward to more from her.  Make sure to read the afterword about her experiences with her black maid Demetria.  Excellent.

Oh o.k. I must do that, thanks!!

2. crystaleyes profile image60

The Help seems interesting.. i'd like to check it out too... :-)

12. Meg Davis profile image68
    Meg Davisposted 11 years ago

Oh my, there are many.  Dr. Strangelove, because it makes me pee my pants laughing, Little
    Miss Sunshine, because it just speaks to me somehow, Stranger than Fiction, because he gets to live in the end, Love Actually, because it makes me cry, Pieces of April, because it's the story of my life.  I could reply to this thread all day!

Love Actually was a nice one smile

13. isenhower33 profile image65
    isenhower33posted 11 years ago

I have way too many favorites smile Im a movie buff, i bet i have every new movie thats came out in the last few months smile But the new Avengers is def up there. Id say best action is Shooter, batman, and avengers. Best Romantic movie is The Notebook, Love& basketball, and The Lucky one. Best Comedy which there are a lot, would be Liar Liar, Think like a man, And Dinner for Schmucks. smile

Yes I loved the Notebook and The lucky One awesome movies.

14. Shaddie profile image76
    Shaddieposted 11 years ago

Avatar... It struck me in spiritual and very emotional way. Nature vs. Industry is my favorite theme in media, and Avatar just dominated the field.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7219501_f248.jpg

Avatar was incredible!!! Loved it too!!

15. Jamesdawn profile image61
    Jamesdawnposted 11 years ago

RIO is my favorite movie. This is a animation movie and i love to watch animation movies. Music of this movie is the main part of this movie.

16. Tusitala Tom profile image66
    Tusitala Tomposted 11 years ago

This is a difficult one because the actual effect, scenery and sound arounds get better through the years.  One movie that really impressed me the first time I saw it was Doctor Zivago.  It was one of the first wide-screen movies and started off, before the actual story began, by showing the horror of warfare on the Russian front so simply yet so graphically: a bloodied and frozen hand sticking out of the snow; a machine gunner frozen to death and hunched over his machine gun waiting for an enemy who never came - and, of course, the haunting theme music.

It's hard to believe, but I'm told that the snow scenes were shot in Spain, and it wasn't even real snow.  The story was long - it was a really long film and there weren't that many around in those days.

Yes, this would be one of my favourite movies.

Yes, Doctor Zivago was a beautiful movie.. I remember watching it with my father and we loved it together. It was a moment we both cherish...

17. lindalou1963 profile image61
    lindalou1963posted 11 years ago

My daughter (who is 21) and I have favorite movies with the same actor in them. My fave is The Green Mile and hers is Forrest Gump. both with Tom Hanks of course. We have seen them both many, many times and love 'em more each time!!

yes Forest Gump is a good watch.. When I was young, I remember watching "How green was my valley" (a 1941 film, which won 6 Oscars), with my sisters.. We all were so touched by the film, we ended up in tears.. We all loved the film.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)