A Writers' Cooperative - The Redwood Circle - in Personal Development

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)
  1. profile image0
    WriterCooperativeposted 11 years ago

Over the years, I have facilitated cooperative efforts.

Recently, guided by intuition, I posted a series of questions about writing for a cooperative book.

As the answers came, the realization dawned in me to start with cooperative hubs.

Selected entries would be published - three to five entries of about 500 words each - with initialed attribution and a link to the authors' profile pages.

What I am wondering is, would you write for a cooperative hub on a common theme in the field of personal development?

1. cam8510 profile image91
      cam8510posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have written my hub on personal development and am ready to submit it.  Do I publish it on Personal Development or is there another procedure you have set up? 

Thanks for all the hard work on this.

1. profile image0
        WriterCooperativeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Entries may be submitted through the Fan Mail function at the Hub for now (click the blue feather.) A Yahoo! Group is being set up for the processes.

A Call for Writers
        The First Theme is: Aha! Moments of Greatness and Wonder

These can be moments when a person makes a choice for the higher good, when they go through their fears to realize their strengths, or have an aha! moment of realization on the path of personal development.

Please read and follow the Writers' Guidelines on the hub (blue feather.)

As the number of entries increase, it is essential to have organized ways of submitting and polling them and communicating with each other. Please include this at the beginning of the entry, in this order:

Your Hubpages username
        How you would like your initials to appear
        The title of the submission
        The theme of the entry
        Date of entry
        Number of words
        Reference to any image
        and.... may the cooperative facilitator contact you by email with questions, etc. You can stop this at any time, your wishes will be respected.

<<Thank you cam8510 for writing so I would post this for everyone!>>

Thanks for posting the guidelines.  I read them, but for some reason it didn't stand out as the way to submit.  My oversight.

2. profile image0

No problem. The Hub is still being tweaked. You may have read it before the way to submit was made clear. As comments are made, and processes are developed, I realize what needs to be changed. It is all good.

1. profile image0

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your entry. I got the text as needed. You provided all the information needed, and the story is marvelous in my eyes. It is honest, open sharing and right on target with the theme.

It will be easier for people to make submissions when they see the first cooperative hub. I have a concept in my head but cannot completely convey it in words. Besides, I know that the concept will have to go through revisions as unforeseen issues come up.

The current concept is that one hub will be a composite of three to five stories. We will have to see what works with photos and videos to end with a hub of readable length.

I can handle this if I limit the idea to one hub. Where it goes from there is unknown. But one hub is not much risk for anyone involved. It is an experiment to see what can happen.

The story submitted cannot be published elsewhere or it will be considered by Hubpages as duplicate content.

We need to have provision so that writers are not stuck with having their story in the cooperative hub when they could benefit more by publishing it as their own hub. Still, allowing writers to remove their stories would decimate the cooperative hub. There have to be processes in place to make it all work. Any comments from anyone?

"We need to have provision so that writers are not stuck with having their story in the cooperative hub when they could benefit more by publishing it as their own hub. Still, allowing writers to remove their stories would decimate the cooperative hub. There have to be processes in place to make it all work. Any comments from anyone?"

Getting something like this off the ground with participants scattered around the globe is going to be challenging.  You have done well in communicating, and grinding through the process once is going to help identify problem areas on which to focus.  I, for one, believe it is worth it, but then, I am not in your shoes.  One important item will be to have a workable submission method.  I know you have ideas for that, so it should work out fine.  I don't have other input now, but I'm sure as we continue, I will have more insights.  Thanks for the hard work Gary. 

Chris Mills
        cam8510

1. profile image0

Chris,

In the early 90s, when I exclaimed to a business owner that he had an opportunity to be a pioneer in the newly developing market of personal computers, he answered dryly, "Pioneers are the ones with the arrows in their backs."

It does require some courage and trust to jump into a new idea, especially as most of us have been 'burnt' by past experiences. Still, the potential rewards of grinding through and birthing a new way of creating together is well worth the effort.

Along the lines of the workable submission method, Sid Kemp suggested to me that we use Yahoo! Groups. As I am typing this post, the message from Hubpages caught my attention - 'promotional posts in the forums will be deleted....'

I wrote to the HP Team and they responded, but it is still a grey area as to how much I can write about the cooperative without being flagged. Using Yahoo! Groupmail could be a solution for the submission process. I am new to Groups so will appreciate a team of helpers to get it started. I opened a Groupmail account and will send the link and password to any writer who sends a submission and asks.

How about using Google Documents for submissions?  The hubs could be written there.  They wouldn't even have to be emailed because everyone could name you as a contributor and you would have access to the document.  You could cut and paste from Google Docs.  That seems like a lot of work for you though.  But you would only actually be cutting and pasting the three to five hubs to be used, is that correct?  Just a suggestion.  If you haven't used Google Docs, they can be found on the Google search page Toolbar under "more----Even More----Home and Office."

3. profile image0

This notice just appeared:

"Please note that forum posts that promote your own Hub will be deleted and may result in the closing of your HubPages account. Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links. Please use the Forums in the spirit of community! forum rules. Please check the HubPages FAQ before asking HubPages related questions in the forum."

So, to not have issues with violating the rules, which I understand and respect, the discussion needs to be moved to a neutral location. We can use a web site which I earlier set up. It has everything in place - a forum, polls, etc. Click the blue feather and I will give the url. Check it out and we can decide how to proceed.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)