Rest Assured Muslims in the world .......in and outside of America .

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

Anywhere in the world ! ,  If you think  All Americans associate terorism  and Muslims as being related .you are wrong -dead wrong !  Aside from the  unequivical stupidity of the western media news outlets ,---- and they ALL are !  American  people everywhere know the differences !  I and many ,many   a man of faith know  that : The vast majority of people here and everywhere are moral , kind  and virtuistic  in our outlook to "others"  , and even though we may not understand  our different cultures , or religious upbringings . We DO know the decency and good intensions of the human heart of Muslims too .  Especially in the world of hubbers !---------  Hug a Muslim Today !

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That actually does fit the vast majority of Muslims, especially those who live in North America.

Same as the majority of Christians are not like those of the Westborough Church and other hateful sects...

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 11 years agoin reply to this

True My friend !

2. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1000

1. profile image0

Perhaps one day  our media will follow th direction of our society instead of trying to direct it !

3. Genna East profile image82
      Genna Eastposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This comment is SUCH a breath of fresh air, and a delight to read.  Thank you!

4. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's sooo refreshing to hear someone speak positively about those of the Muslim faith. Well done, ahorseback, a much welcomed and received post.

5. CrisSp profile image73
      CrisSpposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Very well said ahorseback...it is not our affiliation, but our sense of responsibilities toward mankind and of knowing and belonging. I personally have lived in an Islamic country at one point in my life and can vouch on how passionate and compassionate these people are, very generous, warm and truly kind hearted. Most of all, I've never felt discriminated unlike my experience with the so claimed friendly nation. Oh well, never mind. sad

1. profile image0

I am truely sorry that you ever felt that way in  America ,  perhaps  a too open and free speaking society !  One thing you can always count on here is that many many people engage thier mouths before their minds ! Yet the heart of this society is truely open to acceptance of those 'different " from ours .   I can tell by the many many Muslims I have spoken with here that as ussual  some people are far more open minded than even I am !  Please accept the appologies of  a good people . America;s origins were  because of diversity in cultures not ever  in spite of them !

2. cleaner3 profile image71
    cleaner3posted 11 years ago

I have found in my travels through cyberspace viewing certain political topics, that many members of middle eastern countrys fall into the same trap of believing what the western media give them as what an American is  portrayed to them is. Some middle eastern societies do believe that we are actually uncaring,  selfish , decietful people and that is what keeps the world from coming together.  It's not religion and  compassion . When  war is needed it will be , but we the people need to rise up and bring peace to all nations not through war but through dialogue . The concept of perspective is not  what the media makes it out to be, but what we see locally when we help each other out, whether  it be our nieghbor or  people on the other side of the world .

1. profile image0

Cleaner awesome response ! Your my hero man !

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

All they are saying, is give peace a chance!
    Great post.
    And how timely!
    What better example than Egypt, whose newly elected president is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, assuming the leadership role in brokering a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas just today.
    Thanksgiving. It's not just for Americans anymore!
    smile

1. profile image0

Very true mighty mom very true !

1. cleaner3 profile image71
        cleaner3posted 11 years agoin reply to this

well to give the leader of Egypt credit for peace is yet to be seen as to his real intentions.. if we were not supporting his country with aid in the Billions of dollars would he still try to bring about peace. ?  thats what is wrong with our govt , they (not we the people  )   have the impression that  they can buy peace ,  in reality the world has caught on to our ploy and plays us like a well worn instrument  for our money than talks behind our back as to how stupid OUR Govt is .  Much in the same way that Iran plays the world for more time through the dialoge of talks  and discussions of peace, we are like Charlie brown with lucy holding the football , no matter how many times she pulls it away , we still fall for it . 

All we are saying , is Give peace  a chance !

1. profile image0

Cleaner ,Wow is that the truth ! Egypt was bankrolling Hamas wern't they ....Its all about money !

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60

ahorsebak, Egypt weren't bankrolling anyone previously, except Mubarack- and he received aid from the US

Iran is bankrolling Hamas..  Syria is bankrolling Hamas.  We should not trust terrorist organizations. !

2. profile image0

Hollie ! Hello ,unfortunately so much of political maneuvering is about money . We all need to keep our financial  fingers out of political  actions .The U.S. is famous for supporting "friendly "regimes that end up biting the hands that feed them .  I wish that other "super powers" felt a little more responsible for  the world.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Hi ahorseback,

I didn't respond again because I didn't want to take this thread in the wrong direction, it's a nice positive message that you sent out!  I think the west, and by that I definitely mean the UK, should mind their own business. We seem to do so much meddling that it just appears to make matters worse. At least Mubarak is where he should be, and Egypt's new president does appear to be far more moderate and inclusive than people initially expected. Suppose only time will tell, but he does appear to have taken great strides to negotiate a cease fire in the mid east. Not watched the news yet today so that may have all changed.

1. profile image0

Hollie I agree , except that , and I am somewhat torn about this ,as  America seems to have to have its hands in  other countries business,  politically, "the Big Brother " snyndrone I suspect ,  I would think super powers  of other persuations  would do more in the world !  To an American  it seems  all too many times  the whole world has its hands out too often to us !  And the influences of economics  are too often tied to politics 
                  In our history books we were taught , when asked America always "helps', stepping torwards the issues  when others won't or don't.  Unfortunately  media  is more the enemy than the ally to the U.S.  I truely believe the vast  moral acts of us as a superpower are more positive than negative . Muslims  and others  all over the world need to filter through the mixed media  fog and realize that the west is actually an entity of good !  As is the Muslim world I'm sure .  The selfish part of me says yes ! Lets stay right here and protect our own  culture from outside  let the rest of the world fall apart  if it must . Who knows !  I am afraid the confusing  journey of free world politics is dominated by corporate interests !  And the illusions if divisiveness is more imortant to them that are profiteering !  Yet  I still say ......we have far more in common than we realize too!

1. profile image0

Just a rant !..........Peace !

2. Mighty Mom profile image77
          Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Whereas our best ally in the Middle East, Israel, has zero financial motive for listening to US, right?

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/usaid.html

Israel, is our ally for sure.. we know that. !
            They do depend on us for military assistance, their survival depends on this military assistance.
            They should not trust Obama thats for sure. !

2. profile image0

Mighty mom..... Agreed, yet Isreal seems on the brink costantly of being anialated .  The rockets red glare lights up thier civilian neighborhoods at night .  And by day they shoot back ! such a mess !  For years they have said that the mid-east would be the fire in the beginning of the end ! I believe that for sure !

4. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

Can i buy a hug and pass it on? tongue lol

1. profile image0

Diane , Yes the first is for you !

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

And I'm sorry I first thought this was a sarcastic post...

6. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

Uninvited writer , oh you devil , no it's all serious !

7. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 11 years ago

Amen! Each person has a right to his/her religion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)