The post apocalyptic world

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 11 years ago

Survivors of the apocalypse, if anyone can hear me, tell us about your experiences in the aftermath of all the destruction... 

day one: I ran into some strange blind guy named Eli. He is taking a book to the coast. Everyone is trying to kill him for the book. It doesn't matter though because it's written in braille so Gary Oldman can't read it. I sure hope Eli doesn't get eaten by cannibals on the way.

2. profile image0

Now I feel like omega man...

3. profile image0

Post apocalyptic world, day two. The folks down town started building some kind of thunder dome so they can have fights to the death. I guess they all forgot about foot ball, and soccer.

1. Glasso profile image60
      Glassoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Some people left the city. They realized that rural area might be safer -- les pollutants.

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years ago

I came across a drifter, driving one of the last of the V8 Interceptors......

5. profile image0

Ah finally, contact with the outside world. It's getting kind of harry around here in what used to be called the state of Washington. The mayor Tom Petty won't even let the post man come in to deliver the mail.

6. George Greene Jr. profile image60
    George Greene Jr.posted 11 years ago

DAY1--The Apocalypse
    I awoke to find a fresh new layer of grayish colored snow! I still had power, so I popped a cold beer and realized I was near out of stock! My cell phone was still working so I called the local beer distributor to see if they had survived the night. Vincent answered and said yes he had but the owner and the rest were nowhere to be found. he sid to come down and not worry about the money and said if i wanted I could take all the stock of my favorite Keystone Ice  for nothing! Apparently , he explained cash doesn't have value anymore so we are now on a barter system I guess. But your loyal customer so come on down.
    I went to start the car but nothing! Apparently this apocalypse had done something with the engine. Since my neighbor has a shopping cart, I pushed it down the street to fill it as full as I could. It would take some work going thru the snow(especially back up the hill), but with no traffic I wouldn't have to worry about the streets so much.
    When I got to the beer store, Vince was waiting outside for me. he had a rifle in his hand. "not for you George" he assured me"but with the current situation I can't take chances with others"
    "You have heard from others?" I asked shockingly as I hadn't seen a soul in my 5 block journey.
    "Yes ther are some others around ,but i think they are afraid to journey out" he said. "I was able to reach my sister  in Brownsville ,but she said its just as dead there . its like the  apocalypse left some but not many. You going to push that up the hill?"
    I am going to assume your van isn't running nor any other vehicles. There are no tire tracks in the road, and by now the bus should have gone by a couple of times."
    "Yeah, strange no vehicles , but we do have electricity and cell phones"
    "And the Internet is working too" I added"but I haven't reached any of my contacts yet"

Coming soon DAY2--The Colony

1. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow that's pretty crazy George. Today those left of the scientific field are beginning to notice that apes are getting smarter and people are getting dumberer...
      Keep your hands off of me you damn dirty Apes.

7. George Greene Jr. profile image60
    George Greene Jr.posted 11 years ago

DAY2-THE COLONY

Vince and I had spent the night in the beer store ,feasting on beer and the snack foods from the shelf. While sleping on beer cases is not the most comfortable thing , we made due for the need of sleep.Upon the time of awakening at about 10:30 AM,we knew we needed nourishment  of some substantial food. I made the suggestion that when I had come down the hill,I had noticed the lights on at the gas station. being a convienence store as well, I suggested that maybe we could find some food there since they had a kitchen area. Vince had found an extra gun for my use and I volunteered to check the place out.
    As I made my way down the street, I noticed that the roads had still not been traveled upon during the course of the night,( rather strange since it was a small highway that made up the main street of California PA.).. Also this was supposed to be a heavy shopping day being 3 days from Christmas.The gray snow had put another fresh coating of about an inch on the ground over the night,but still seemed to be undisturbed by anything until...
    Was I seeing things across the street? Apparently there were some rather fresh foot prints on the sidewalk leading to the gas station. They were definitely human  and apparently there was a second set. Someone had taken their dog for a walk!
    I readied the pistol in my hand making sure the safety was off and bullets ready just in case. This person could be scared as much as I am , I figured.As I got closer to the station, I could make out a figure moving about in the store. It was a female for sure and upon seeing the dog I recognized as Carol Dunmore's labrador Duncan, I knew it had to be her. Being a rather cute young woman about 30, carol was very religious. I wondered what thoughts might be going thru her mind . "Why was I not taken in the Rapture?" Why , was something I conjured up myself, being a Christian as well (albeit not a good one!). She sw me and quickly yelled out to me"George , I guess you got this town under control" pointing to the pistol in my hand. "well, I guess I can't complain to you about you wearing that dress anymore if you are the new boss around here!)
    Yes I had not realized )(or even thought about it ) my being the town cross dresser. i put the safety back on the gun and put in my purse. "Find anything?" I asked., hoping for answers about any other people.
    "Yes, the sandwiches are still fresh. Duncan has had some jerky and the coffee may be a day old but still hot.! " I could tell she was still in a bit of confusion,but I still belief she knew what I meant.
    "Seen anyone else?" I asked..
    " just Old man Charlie wandering about as usual. he was still mumbling about how Obama, how bad it was that he had been re-elected and blaming this all on him." Charlie Porter may be black, but he still despised Obama as he hated democrats in general.
    Well, we should him and start finding out who else is around,if anyone! At least we got a colony of 4 here so far as I can tell. 5 counting Duncan." I said to the lab stroking him on his head. " We need to set up something in this town. We got food here and we may have to break into the dollar store  and a couple of bars. The college has a radio station, so we have communications. "
    She nodded and agreed . It was time to set up our own little colony of survivors in this new world...

Next...DAY 2  .. The Evening!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)