Introduce Ourselfs And What We Do

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Lippylisious profile image61
    Lippylisiousposted 14 years ago

Hi all, i'm new to this so thought i would start a little thread on who we all are and what we do.

I'm Mary(31) from Scotland, now live in England. Just had a little boy and another one on the way. Since leaving my hectic career i have decided to go it on my own. Have been selling lots of branded cosmetics through, markets, home parties and have just recently started my own online shop. So life is a little busy just now.

I'm just sitting have a cup of tea and some choccy biscuits deciding what i'm going to write for my first blogg.

This website is great, some really interesting topics, been sitting reading for the last our - starting to get addicted already.

Anyway would be nice to hear from some off you, what your interests are and what you think is of interest on the bloggs

2. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Welcome to hubpages Lassie. I like to write. My profile may tell you more about me. I write er, stuff and take care of my home and Wee One who is dear to me along with my many pets which include my wonderful Parrot Jado. I love to cook, I hate housecleaning and I am addicted to HP. You will be too. I am a Scot at heart and am trying to learn Gaidhlig, Tha mi toilichte do choinneachadh.

3. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Hi, welcome to hubpages  As said, you will become addicted to HP, very quickly!  Great place to be, so enjoy. 
    One son, married and work full time for a medical device company handling physician training.  Love to write, read and meet new people.

4. Lippylisious profile image61

Nice to hear from you. Would love to have a parrot, can it speak? I've just been thinking about getting a dog, my little one is 18 months, so think he would love a dog to play with. How you going learning Gaelic? haven't met anybody yet that speaks it.

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My Jado is a Solomon Island Eclectus, very intelligent and gentle and is now 8 years old. He has a vocabulary of over two hundred words and phrases. Learning of the Scot Gaelic is hard. I am learning online. I have 3 basset hounds one Toy Fox Terrier and two dam cats and Wee One, my favorite pet wife. Now, you have your self a ball here and get to reading and writing. CC

2. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you say Pirate ?

5. Lippylisious profile image61

Hi Ladybird, nice to hear from you. Love reading stories that people have written, theres alway interesting things to learn.

6. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

I'm from the Heart of Africa. My interests are Movies, Mythology, Urban Legends, Tourism, Creative Writing, amongst others. Welcome to HP. You'll meet a lot of smart people here, weirdos too, no doubt. Just keep it level headed. Be yourself, but dont give away too much, after all -- its all virtual.

7. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Hey Lippy. Welcome to hubpages smile

I'm frogdropping, live and unleashed in Lisbon - formerly from the UK. Born and bred tyke. With a good helping of Burmese.

I'm currently digesting some local portuguese cuisine and drinking a coffee. And considering writing about death wink

I enjoy cake scoffing, vodka quaffing and aimlessly wandering the streets of Lisbon in the hope that I'll find my way ...

big_smile

8. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I am Kristie, I work as a CNA..

9. profile image57
    Blackngoldbananaposted 14 years ago

Single Mom here....if you read my posts, you can see why I'm alone, cynical and crochety, that's me.

Actually I'm not totally alone in the romantic sense.  I have a boyfriend who lives about 90 miles away, he's cynical and crochety too.

I have two teenage daughters, they are bright, vivacious entitites that make me laugh everyday.  I have two lhasa-poos named Katey and Muffin.

I live on a small farm with my sister, her house is next door.  She has dogs and cats and is very protective...she once chased an intruder with a .22...it didn't matter to her that she had just gotten out of the shower and was naked.  The intruder fled.

I should probably be outside right now doing yard work.  I am also trying to learn how to play the drums.  I am a pharmacy technician and I hate my job, but it pays the bills.

10. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Hi Lippy and welcome!! You've come to a great place big_smile

I'm...in my 20's-we'll leave it at that wink
    stay at home mom of two beautiful boys
    Spend my days on HP, writing, and keeping, my boys, husband and dog in line smile

11. mugshot profile image58
    mugshotposted 14 years ago

Im 28 married and live in England although will move to Bulgaria where my wifes from when I get the chance.

Im a Business Analyst by trade but my hobbies are powerlifting (not to be confused with bodybuilding) and erm....gardening.

My wife and I plan on children but have none yet and we have been married for 4 year in November!

12. Ivorwen profile image64
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Hello.  I am in my early thirties, married to the love of my life, we have five boys (ages 1-10) and I homeschool them.  We have a dog and a snake for pets.  I love to read, write, knit, sew and take care of my family.

13. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I'm from the northeastern US, I write short stories, novels, and I am also a computer technician (which funds my previous two talents as they develop.

I have two cats, a dog, and an invisible friend ... well okay, I did have an invisible friend - she got mad and left last week, and I haven't a clue how to find her ...

14. Silver Freak profile image60
    Silver Freakposted 14 years ago

I'm an almost 50 year old jewelry maker who works out of her house. Married for over half my life to the same guy, my wonderful hubby who spoils me rotten. I'm owned by (currently) 2 cats, Shredder and Scrapper, and didn't have kids on purpose. I live in the state of confusion, AKA Kansas, AKA the muggiest, hottest, nastiest place in the world in summer or winter - although it's quite nice during  thetwo weeks of spring and fall that we actually get.

Enjoy the HP but be cautious, whole hours can dissappear when you just stop by to catch up.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)