FIXED: Notifications not being received

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Rosemay50 profile image59
    Rosemay50posted 11 years ago

The notifications that I do receive usually arrive 18 hours late, this has been a problem since I joined 18 months ago. But lately there are notifications that I DON’T receive at all. 
    Several hubbers that I am following I am finding their recent hubs quite by accident, i.e. from a link on someone else’s hub or from FB.  I am not able to see those hubs on their profile page and even if I go into my account to ‘Hubbers I am following’ their recent hubs are not showing there either. 
    It is quite frustrating to know that I am missing out on some really good hubs and my following is hindered.

1. Simone Smith profile image86
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

From our records, it looks like we've sent you ten notifications so far- just today! Are you sure they're all that late? Are a lot of these maybe ending up in a spam folder?

1. Ms Dee profile image87
        Ms Deeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My Notifications too have become later and later. Now, for the last two days I've not received any even though more replies have posted on forums or questions I follow, and another hubber has complained to me that I'm not responding to their comments on one of my hubs. I did at a certain point two days ago see two more comments to that hub that I then approved (I screen all my comment) but they do not even show up on the hub, though approved, while they are no longer in my comments list in my account, either. Something fishy is going on. It seems Comments and Notifications have broken down.

UPDATE: I should clarify that I'm not referring to email notifications. It is the Notifications menu on the top bar (the one in between "explore" and my account name) that seems to have stopped working two days ago.

2. Rosemay50 profile image59
        Rosemay50posted 11 years agoin reply to this

The email notifications are very spasmodic. Nothing goes into spam as all emails from HP are directed into a created folder.  I have received some this morning yes and on time.

The email "here are your recent Notifications from HubPages"  covering the last 24 hours states that only 3 new hubs were published where as in fact when i look in my "hubbers you are following" it shows 17 new hubs were published in that period.

I check comments made on my hubs through my account and it will often show none, then when I chack again a few hours later it will show that comments were made up to 25 hours ago.  It just makes me feel bad because I am late responding.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image72
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing seeing notifications.

Are you referring to email notifications of site activity or these notifications? http://hubpages.com/my/activity/online-notifications

Can you provide specific activity that you are observing as being delayed or not received?
      Once we have a bit more detail, we can research the issue further.

For email, this is a good place to start.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#not_getting_emails

You will also want to set the applicable settings to "always" here:
      https://hubpages.com/my/profile/email

1. Ms Dee profile image87
        Ms Deeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey, my Notifications menu on my accounts started working again, notifying me that you Mathew Meyer had posted to this forum! Hooray! smile

I'm still wondering if my Comments menu is working.

2. Rosemay50 profile image59

A good example is this forum post
        I received 2 email notifications that there were 2 new posts were posted here. Those being by yourself and Simone's. No notification that others had posted here too.  I came in here only expecting to see the 2 and find there are a few more besides.

I just want to thank both you and Simone for taking the time to look into this and hopefully get this problem sorted out for all.

1. Pearldiver profile image68
            Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The post that Mathew has made here gives you the opportunity to be completely objective in resolving the issue with 'him' (staff) directly... Surely, if the issue is approached and dealt with, in a practical, rather than emotive manner, you will benefit completely from the offer made to have you provide specific examples to staff and thus give them a 'starting point' with which to work with on 'your' account!

On a personal note: - (Kiwi - Kiwi... Take it or Leave it, but understand the tip being given)
            Most people throughout the world do not understand 'kiwi' thinking, rational, ethics, loyalty and humor!  I assume that you understand what I mean!  If not, consider how you first 'found' those aspects of the kiwi lifestyle and personality, when you first immigrated to New Zealand... Now, expand that to the fact that you are writing on an international site, on which only a very few of us (kiwis) have succeeded, primarily because of an inability to 'adjust' to other ways of doing things etc., while using our unique attributes, to engage and grow international relationships.  It takes a lot of understanding, patience and tolerance to achieve perfection... but it will never be found, if only sought from an emotive perspective!

I'm sure if you provide Mathew with the specifics, instead of giving the impression of being frustrated and walking away from that opportunity, you will find that an effort will be made, that will likely benefit the whole community... and as such you have helped everyone!  smile

2. cleaner3 profile image70
    cleaner3posted 11 years ago

hubpages is a little slow .. I don't understand this myself but  they make the rules and  then they wonder why they are losing people in droves ..!

Pity is their rules don't seem to coinside with their actions. How do they propose to increase traffic if we cand hubs 'inhouse'

3. Faith Reaper profile image84
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

Yes, Rosemary, I too have noticed that I am not receiving all of my notifications as usual.  I am receiving some.  So I went back to make sure under my settings that I have everything checked appropriately, and I do.  There have been a lot who tell me they do not get any notification on mine too.  So, I guess I am just going to start checking on their most recent hubs.

I don't get yours either. One particular one today, I found tyhe hub through a link on someone else's hub, even though it wa published 4 days ago it neither shows on her profile page nor under 'Hubbers I'm following' 
      Just makes it hard to follow someone.
      No wonder traffic is slow if we can't even find hubs 'inhouse'

4. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

Don't be Too Hard on HP for being 18 hours late for anything when factually they are a day behind us in New Zealand!  smile 
    Do you not have a wall clock showing PST (San Fran) beside a NZT clock??

80% of things like notifications relate directly to your settings... though I suspect that this is also an adjunct to the site changes, along with the apparent high incidents of 'bad links' during the last 12 months - have a look at (check) all your URLs and you might see what I'm referring to...  As far as internal traffic is concerned.. that should be of more concern!  I get the 'majority' of mine though... so hey... their pigeon flies!  lol

The fact that you are stating that you are getting 'some' would tend to point to your settings... so even check your Feed settings and ensure that they are 'matched' to your preferences!

Clear all your settings and start again... including the interest/topics  choices... sometimes it's just as simple as finding a Spark Plug on a Diesel Tractor!!  roll

Bon Chance Kiwi!

Not being hard on HP just very frustrated. But it is about time they sorted their system out, they have known aout these problems for long enough.
      The time difference should make no difference at all. Notifications are sent immediately a hub is published, it does't take 18 hours to travel half way around the world, just as with emails they are received within minutes if not within seconds.   That is course unless they sre sending them on a bi-plane. smile
      My setting are all correct, if I have my preference set to 'ALWAYS' send notification of new hubs published that covers 'ALL' those I am following,there should be no exclusions there.
      But thanks for your suggestions anyway.

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think you may have completely missed the relevance of what I was saying...  which was relevant!

Because this is a public platform... it often pays to be 'subtle' when making a point... for example:

If you knew anything about diesel tractor motors.... you would know that you would be wasting your time searching for a spark plug!!!!  - perhaps I was being too subtle in my 'support' of your post!   sad

I'm sorry. I know absolutely nothing about diesel tractor motors smile

5. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 11 years ago

Great question Rosemary!  I have noticed this too, and will follow the answers.

I don't think we will get any solutions any time soon xstatic.

6. midget38 profile image88
    midget38posted 11 years ago

I think that things are a little slow, yes, and glitchy too.

7. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 11 years ago

I try to keep up with my notifications however I have noticed that here and there I don't get notifications from certain hubbers and I wind up keeping up with them when I see their hubs on FB. Mostly I'm just all confused but I try to do my best to keep commenting and reading.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)