narcissistic personality disorder

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Gail Meyers profile image65
    Gail Meyersposted 11 years ago

The same blog that cut and pasted several of my best hubs, including ads and comments, is now cutting and pasting other hubs on NPD.  Google sent an email a week ago telling me they would be disabled, but they are still on the blog.  So writingowl, sparkster and others might want to check their hubs.
    http://bpsdofadaughterofanarcissisticmo … order.html

2. Gail Meyers profile image65

Yep, here is one of your hub, Sparkster.  http://bpsdofadaughterofanarcissisticmo … ssist.html

3. Gail Meyers profile image65

Comments, ads and everything, Sparkster.

Gail Meyersposted 11 years agoin reply to this
        1. sparkster profile image84
          sparksterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well well well, this is quite alarming indeed.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I'll send a DMCA complaint, if that doesn't work then things may need to be taken the next extreme.

I filed a report February 3rd, G responded February 6th telling me they are in the process of disabling the violating content.  As you can see, it is still up.  So I do not know if G just takes that long or what.

That does seem like a long time.  I have also contacted them today, hopefully they'll recognize both our complains are related.

2. Knot Logic profile image57
        Knot Logicposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I write the blog The Secret of the Universe is Choice.  I have removed both Gail Meyers and Sparksters articles.  I did not realize that it was a problem that I had placed them on my blog.  I had included the source of the articles and was mistakenly under the impression that that was an acceptable way to promote information already written on the subject of a malignant narcissist.  I felt that both of you had a clear grasp on N.P.D., I apologize for causing such a problem.  Should I have missed any material that either one of you have written, please just send me a note, under comments on the page and I will remove it.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think this happens often.  I've had to deal with this on a few occassions.   I let the site owner/blogger know that they could use their own words on the topic and insert a sentence to introduce a link to my hub.
          Example: "Gail Meyers mentions in her article, __________________, that NPD ..... (whatever you want to mention).  If you want to read further, here is the link to Gail's informative article."

1. janshares profile image93
            jansharesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It happened to me, too. The person (whom I knew and sent the link to) didn't realize they were only to post the link with a sentence or two.

That's what I thought when it first happened.  So I give her the benefit of the doubt by sending a message explaining that.  She refused and was reported by more than one author for articles she cut and pasted top to bottom.  Now she's harassing the hubs.

1. janshares profile image93

What?! (Sigh, SMH) I wish you luck and hope the truth rises to the top.

Thank you, janshares.  The truth always rises to the top.

2. sparkster profile image84

Thank you Knot Logic for manning (womaning?) up and admitting to it and for removing the content.  I see you only signed up to HP a few hours ago, presumably to post your comment.  Here's a few tips:

You might want to check HP's terms & conditions - if any of the content of our hubs are found on other websites then they are assumed by HP to be duplicate content and are automatically unpublished.  If you do want to provide an excerpt of, or a link to, a hub writer's article you can contact them by email via their profile to ask them - click on fan mail then send email.

I appreciate that you found the articles useful and that's why you posted them but this does cause us hubbers some problems.

3. Gail Meyers profile image65

Thank you, Knot Logic.  I admire the fact that you came forth to discuss the situation.  What you express in your response is exactly what I did not want to have happen.  I did not want to discourage someone who was trying to start an NPD or DONM blog who simply did not realize the ramifications of cutting and pasting an article.  I am thrilled that you are working to get the word out on NPD and help others with NM.  I wrote the hubs in hopes of them being helpful to other DONM, so I appreciate that you think I have a good grasp on the topic.  As Sparkster mentioned, it just causes issues with HP...and Google for anything more to be copied than a small excerpt and a link.  RebekahELLE is exactly right about how to refer to someone else's work. 

It is on another thread, but I thought it was all innocent at first on each blog.  It is the bpsdofanarcissistmother blog who was sent a message.  They clearly know what they are doing, but have refused to correct the situation.  That is what G said on 2/6 they are in the process of disabling.  Repeated violations can result in G disabling the blog entirely, but the person is persisting in it.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

This doesn't exactly fit the model of the person scraping a lot of other hubs, but you might want to check to see if it's the same 'guy,' who goes by Dan Gordon if you look up the URL owner info in Whois.

There are several threads about copied content & all of them trace back to this person or operation.  But, the sites on which content appears (or that pop up when you search for a specific hub) don't have ads so far.

Good luck!  Keep us informed!

This person has started a blog on NPD, so they are only copying hubs on NPD.  They copied every one of mine top to bottom, including ads and comments.  I thought it was innocent and send a message.  However, they have now been warned by Google and they are all still up.  One of them was revamped a bit, but the rest as exact copies of my hubs and the ones I posted above.  I guess it could be the same person, but who knows.

2. sparkster profile image84

Surely not Dan Gordon MD from the NPD Center in San Luis, California?
      http://www.medicinenet.com/narcissistic … a_city.htm

5. Bumpsysmum profile image60
    Bumpsysmumposted 11 years ago

I just checked this out! That's appalling! Plagiarism at its' worst I feel. The threads all seem to be still there as you said, Sparkster seems to have caught their attention and, as you said, ads, comments, the lot. Keep us updated Gail, please and well done for being so vigilant.

Those are the same blogs that copied my hubs.  When I was looking I recognized some of Sparkster's hubs and one of thewritingowl's hubs.  So I just wanted to let them know.  The scrapers are ranking and my original content that was ranking well no longer is.  I hope that is not the case with anyone else.

6. sparkster profile image84
    sparksterposted 11 years ago

Google have now removed the duplicates of my content, thanks for pointing it out Gail.

I am glad you got it resolved so quickly.  They resolved my second report quickly too.  However, the first one they responded to that they were in the process of removing it.  It was the bpsd blog.  The blogger has just made it a "by invitation only" blog.  That is the blog I sent the message to prior to reporting and they did not remove the content.  I reported it two weeks ago and G said they were in the process of removing it.  It was still up last night and today it's "by invitation only" and remains in the search results.

Yeah I did notice that.  I also had to contact them twice, the first time they claimed they couldn't see how there was a violation of copyright so I had to give them the dates that the work was originally published, etc.

This bpsd blog master is now messing with my profle (report) and my hubs, as well as leaving ridiculous comments on them.  I can not even imagine the nerve.  A scraper steal our work, uses black tie to rank, is asked to remove it, refused, gets reported and now harassed the original author because SHE did not want to play by the rules.

black hat

2. janshares profile image93

I see now, Gail. So sorry to see you going through this, hope it works in your favor. Very scary.

2. Gail Meyers profile image65

You might also want to check your inbound links.  This same blog has MANY inbound links to my hubs, too.  I just discovered this same blog is linked to two different NPD hubs EIGHTEEN TIMES on each one, for a total of 36 inbound links from her page just on TWO hubs.  I am in the process of checking the rest of them.  At the same time, there are also so new spam links.

It is the bpsd blog stated at the top of this sting, not Knot Logic.  She is probably doing the same thing to your hubs, Sparkster.  I'm sure you probably know, but you can check the inbound links in Webmaster Tools - Traffic - Links to Your Site.

Unfortunately I cannot set up Google analytics/webmaster tools because they require one of three verification methods: add a HTML tag to your home page (which I don't think you can on HP), sign in to your domain name provider account (which I don't have cos its a HP sub domain) or use your analytics account (which you need to add a HTML tag to your home page to verify) therefore I have never been able to set it up.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)