Time for some REAL Change!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (88 posts)
  1. Barefootfae profile image60
    Barefootfaeposted 11 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7763162_f248.jpg
    Here it comes.....

1. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, I wonder who woke them up?

Barefootfaeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's time....it's way past time.

2. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

New boss same as the old boss. I really hope I am wrong though and they turn out to be sane conservatives with real ideas.
      Content is king, it will take serious policy change for the GOP to get anywhere.

1. profile image0

Josak, you are asking for a lot asking for real ideas out of Washington.  The GOP will need to make some major changes just to stay in the game.

This needs to be said...

There have been no new ideas out of Washington. Barack Obama did not bring any new ideas.
          Ask Europe.

1. profile image0

Yes he did.  You forget about higher taxes, free mandatory birth control, gays in the Military, women in combat, sharing the wealth, etc., etc.
            How can you say he didn't bring new ideas to Washington?  The fact that most of us didn't like his ideas means nothing.

Wellllllll..................
              New idea TO Washington I guess. Nothing that hasn't been tried elsewhere.

1. profile image0

LOL - Your right, none of these were really original ideas.

2. Barefootfae profile image60

In what way could you not say the same thing about Obama? Be real.

3. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why make it so easy for Hilliary? Have we learned nothing?

Easy?
        That would be running a McCain or a Romney again.
        Who do you suggest?

1. rhamson profile image70

Jon Huntsman was the only grown up in the room with Ron Paul as a good second choice. I also thought that Gary Johnson was a good choice. If the GOP thinks that parading Marco Rubio or Jeb Bush across the stage and think that America is not going to see through the thinly disguised veil of catering to the hispanic vote they can expect more of the same results as this past election.

No I don't like either of those either but I want to be able to tell the difference between my candidate and the ones we are running against.

How about an actual Conservative? Huntsman and Paul are neither. Rand is closer than Ron although Rand is libertarian, I will take that.

How did that work out this past election? You are making my point exactly. America resoundly rejected the right and put Obama back in. He appealed to the left and secured the hispanic vote that sent him over the top above Romney. Unless the GOP learns where the electorate is or can gerrymander the vote to sway towards them, Hillary will be elected. The country wants to be in the middle and the GOP is being taken over by the extreme right. Romney was the would be conservative that was a chameleon everybody saw as really to the right. I agree that there has to be a degree of conservatism in the mix but unfortunately going for all conservative and no compromise is why we are where we are now.
              Huntsman made sense and Paul was right for real change.

1. habee profile image93
                habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Huntsman made a lot of sense! Too bad the far right rejected him. The GOP needs to get off the social conservative wagon and stick more to fiscal issues. With the state of our economy, gays getting married, the legalization of pot, etc. should be the last things people are worried about. Personally, I support both the things I mentioned, but even if I didn't, I'd place my concerns on the back burner until the economy, jobless rate, and other financial issues were solved. BUT...I'm not a politician. Thank goodness!

Well maybe our problem is we have two parties and that make them feel there should be a difference so people can tell.
                  When you talk about Huntsman I get the feeling you want someone who will agree with the Democrat party. So let's do away with the Republican party altogether and just have one party and select someone from there.

Agreed?

1. habee profile image93

No, I actually voted for Romney - because of fiscal issues. The GOP needs to take the pulse of America. Most people I know don't give a hoot if gays get married or not, and that includes every Republican I know. I'm saying the Rs need to draw a contrast between the way they would handle things like big spending and deficit spending versus how a D would handle them. Fiscal issues should be the focus - not whether John and Sam or Suzie and Jane want to get married, whether a gay man should be allowed to serve in the military, or whether people can legally smoke pot. When they talk about such social issues, they're losing sight of the all-too-important fiscal problems we're facing.

Oh, and as far as "agreeing with the Democratic party," I want a politician who WILL agree with the Ds when the Ds are right, instead of disagreeing just because they're the opposing team.

2. rhamson profile image70

I agree that we have one group who spout off as being different from each other until the check clears and the vote is bought.

The two party system is what strangeled the country and they are not about to loosen the noose.

2. Barefootfae profile image60

Mitt Romney was and is

N    O   T   

a conservative. Can we all GET THAT?

Who knows what he is. He wore so many hats and spouted so much rhetoric there was no telling. His 47% line resoundly slammed his butt as a conservative. This was a statement he thought was in confidentiality but was his undoing.

I don't blame you for not liking him as most of the party did not want him either. But with the likes of Perry, Santorum and Bachman the conservatives got hitched up to that religious right bandwagon and Romney became the golden boy.

Like I said Romney was such a chameleon.

2. Zelkiiro profile image87
                  Zelkiiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh, please. Romney is as Conservative (and slimy) as they come. Just because he was caught saying what every Conservative really believes doesn't mean you have the right to try to claim he's not yours.

You have never known a Conservative.

Romney started socialized medicine in his state.

AAAACCKKK! Not Conservative.

2. Cody Hodge5 profile image68
              Cody Hodge5posted 11 years agoin reply to this

What would an "actual conservative" be? Huntsman was by far the best your party had to offer.

Because he agreed totally right?

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image68

Or because he actually had experience working across the aisle, business experience and had spent years working in China, therefore he had foreign policy experience as well. Should he have gone to Bible college instead?

no but since Democrats never work across the aisle it's like I said.

He agreed with everything.

2. innersmiff profile image66
    innersmiffposted 11 years ago

I'm not hopeful that these candidates will be any better than the old. The sooner we reject politics the better, in my opinion. Government is a hive of corruption that few can use for real good.

1. profile image0

Great idea, but how the heck do we do that?  Even though we did it by voting, we were actually hiring these guys and gals to represent us.  If we just hired some new people, what would stop it from reverting to a pit of corruption again?  Term limits, less pay, and no retirement plan would be a start in the right direction.

1. innersmiff profile image66
        innersmiffposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Government is nothing like hiring someone. When you hire someone, they are legally obligated to fulfil their contract. When you vote in a politician, they only have to do as much to keep their electorate happy, or as the case may be, mildly dissatisfied. They can violate all their promises if they darn well want to, who is to stop them? When their term finishes, all their party needs to do is persuade you that they have some new, better people who will do it right this time, even if the previous 9 or 10 were the same, and despite the fact that they're bought by the same people. It's a fraudulent system.

All we need to do is stop cooperating with it. Stop paying taxes, stop signing up for the military - refuse to associate with the government just as you would refuse to associate with a business if it had committed the same crimes.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
          Kathryn L Hillposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We would have to all agree to stop paying taxes... the whole nation on the same page. - wouldn't that be so cool to actually take back some power?

1. John Holden profile image60
            John Holdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just move to Somalia and then see how keen you are on a tax free system.

3. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

The only half-decent Republican alive today is probably Jon Huntsman. And even then, he's only half-decent.

We need to find a necromancer and pay him to revive Teddy Roosevelt, just so he can beat the shite out of the current Republican party.

4. profile image56
    Education Answerposted 11 years ago

The problem is that we haven't had a truly conservative republican in years and years.  Who was the last fiscal conservative?  Good luck figuring that one out.  We have had social conservatives, but nobody has been both a fiscal and social conservative in quite a long time.  Both parties have spent us into the hole, though the POTUS has really stepped up that game.

1. Zelkiiro profile image87

Fiscal Conservatives are far less dangerous and far less abominable than social Conservatives. Why would you ever want someone who's both?!

Because they have some common sense.

1. profile image56
          Education Answerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We don't get fiscal conservatives, and at this point, I wonder if America would be willing to lose or trim the budget as much as is necessary.

How would we ever know? Do you realize what a drop in the bucket the sequestration was?
            Have you seen the wailing and gnashing of teeth and  from the left over it?
            Have you heard the disinformation about it?
            You even had James Carville out there saying it was no big deal and he was just simply ignored over fear fear fear fear fear!

Oh but they will happily cut defense!

1. John Holden profile image60
              John Holdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, what are you defending against?  You are a virtually impregnable continent and yet you spend two and a half times as much on your armed forces as the next nine largest defence forces combined!

Why?

1. habee profile image93

Because of the threat of alien zombies. lol

1. Zelkiiro profile image87

COMMUNIST alien zombies!!

1. habee profile image93

lol

2. Mighty Mom profile image77
                    Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Redundant, I think.
                    Are there any alien zombies who are not communist?
                    lol

2. habee profile image93

I pretty much agree. I want a fiscal conservative who's a liberal-moderate on (most) social issues.

5. Cody Hodge5 profile image68
    Cody Hodge5posted 11 years ago

Sigh...

Not a single viable leader in the whole bunch.

Still not ready to graduate from the kiddie table of American politics I see...

What do you believe constitutes a "viable leader"?
      Have you ever held a position of leadership Cody?
      Have you ever supervised people?

Not a single "Tea Party" candidate..

And yes, I have. Its fun. Of course, you actually have to know things instead of just talking and making lame memes.

uh=huh.
          When you have worn a uniform with three stripes or more on it get back to me.

My Little League jersey had stripes on it. One of my work uniforms did too.

So, shall we continue our discussion?

1. habee profile image93

Hey, your avatar is wearing stripes, too. I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

I'm thinking I was a Zebra in a past life smile

So you are a striped donkey?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)