All religions are the same

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (103 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

I like to get waist deep into the study of religions, I even often times get swept up in certain aspects of some and then sound a trumpet like a fanatic... it happens, what can I say.

But what bothers me about most of them... Monotheistic ones is that they all say:

This is the true religion and Jesus is going to crush all the false religions and our religion is the anointed or true religion.

One religion imparticular says some pretty interesting things about the establishment of religious/political "organizations" being the established kingdom of Satan yet when you say...

"your religion or organization is not different"  they refuse to listen to their own teachings and principals.

While some religions are much nicer then others, they all have a way of making your feel like a disobedient child of God who will not inherit the kingdom of heaven or Earth for the refusal to be part of their "organization".

I am fully inclined and interested in studying every aspect there is to be understood but it just gets me right in the heart about their "authority".

While, still I believe in "G" in my own way I will still test it out, see what really happens.  I mean after all the good book says that you know God's Kingdom by the fruits it produces and so I take it as a rule of thumb and so far, as sad as it is to say.

No religion is right when all of them are still separating branches from the root and all have but forgot the seed. 

Irony: most do have some particular truths to them, yet when involved in them as "active" members of their "elite" forces, you basically just sold your soul to Satan's establishment of religion/political organizations.

Please don't take this the wrong way.  Attending a church and listening to a sermon or a discourse is different than leading one...this is what I am getting at.

Religions (all of them) establish a political system that governs the way the religion is run.  They have hierarchies, accounting, book keeping, record keeping, reprimand for disobedient behavior, a requirement to attend, a requirement to take an oath to their establishment and it goes on in every political fashion but is called a religion because all also believe that God or Jesus is their established top law official.

Everyone who chooses to not take part in that sort of religious hypocrisy is declared as being deceived by Satan, a heretic for
    believing in the bible, or bible principals or some other way of understanding it... other then that particular groups outlook or understanding.

It is exactly what it looks like.  Sorry to offend anyone.  Again I will say attending these things for personal spiritual fulfillment and such is far different from being a leader.

The greatest leaders lead from behind. wink

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to the dark side - again. big_smile

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  It was a pretty treacherous journey there for a little while, luckily I remember to pack my golden fleece just in case they tried to hold me captive. LOL. big_smile

I noticed. Good to have you thinking for yourself again. smile

1. profile image0

Turns out you were right all along.  Using scripture to get the point across doesn't do anything but add to the problem, it all falls on deaf ears I suppose.

But I just about sh*t a magical turd when I learned about certain religions giving out "God licenses".  OMG, I love my friend but that was just too much.  Not quite as bad as the magical underpants. big_smile but on a more serious note, it sorta makes me really sad.

2. Jewels profile image83
            Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds a very awakened approach.  Yeah Sandra.

2. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They are the same basically.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Religionspoem

3. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i just wrote a hub on this too,please check it out as I'm sure you will find the real true,true,truer than all the others religion...peace

4. usmanali81 profile image59
      usmanali81posted 14 years agoin reply to this

First of all, i would agree that all the major religions instruct for obeying and following ONE God, the basic teaching but differ on other points and practices because of the different socio political norms, mental and physical capabilities of the people of respective times. All the relgions came one after another by the ONE God-Allah. The latest automatically replaced the previous one. And the last and final religion, i must say DEEN (way of lif) as described by God Himself is ISLAM.

Regarding, the need for organization, it's a definite thing. Imagine Microsoft without any CEO, Board of Directors or without any proper structure and line of action, what a level of oppression people will face, related to Microsoft.

1. mohitmisra profile image61

The latest automatically replaced the previous one.
        God is not some earthly machine that it gets outdated.The essence or truth remains the same it is only the language which is appropriate for that time which changes. God is beyond time.
        Why should it replace if its the same truth.Who says replace, fanatical man? God is the CEO .

1. usmanali81 profile image59

I did'nt say God is replaced

Same thing replace the religion, but it spoke the same truth so what change , the language?

What???

The language is the only thing that is different.You are giving importance to the language rather than the message.

Language as well as Structure is different provided that the base is same, the ONE God.

There is only one god so how can there be a difference.Muhammad reiterated this truth with Islam meaning One god. Hindus, Zaratushtra, Buddha ,Jesus and Muhammad saw the same one god- revelation or enlightenment.This god is mentioned as the Light by all religions .

2. Shil1978 profile image87
        Shil1978posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Care to answer a few questions:

1.  How are Muslims in any way superior than Non-Muslims?

2.  So, if I call my God by any other name and not Allah, I go to hell is it?

3.  Even among Muslims, if a woman doesn't wear a burqa -- is she not following "the way of life" of a Muslim? And does that make her not qualify for heaven?

4.  How does the latest automatically replace the earlier ones? If you go by history, what comes later draws upon the wisdom of earlier generations. So - what's the point?

1. Qur'an, Ch 3, The Family of Imran, V 110: Ye are the best of peoples, developed for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors.

2. If you call Him with the names who represent 100 heads or thousand hands like hindus do then it's totally forbidden to do so. Quran, Ch 7, The Heights, V 180: The most beautiful names belong to Allah. so call on him by them; but shun such men as use profanity in his names: for what they do, they will soon be requited.

3. A Muslim women who does not do Hijab is totally qualified for Heaven but she is not following one of the commandments of Allah. Also Qur'an speaks about the hijab for men and if they do not comply they are going against the will of God Qur'an, Ch 24, Light, V 30: Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.

4. Just as a latest medical book outdates the previous version.

2. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

#

Hope you dont mind me asking but if you dont like religion so much why are you looking into them all

1. profile image0

to see what there about, to understand people, to help me be a better person to find a compromise, to understand culture, history, "social problems", structural systems of the human interactions, how relative faith is, why people believe in God even in a number of different ways, what fuel humans to want to understand and be better people, how laws are violated, why some humans feel that it is necessary to govern humanity etc...

How politics arrived into the human consciousness, what fear does to people, why a beliefs are shattered by opposition, by shattered, I mean both sides play the role and ultimately end being what they "fought" to not become.

I could go on. big_smile

1. chukra G profile image59
        chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and as you said friend it can go on and on and on without ending without satisfaction, without fullfillment, where it will prove the saying that " no one perfect"
        here lies the false.
        you are most perfect with ONE TRUE realisation

2. chukra G profile image59
      chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

to be fullfilled BUT dont know where to go, all of us doing the same thing, being intelligent, being rich, being idiot, being poor, being good, being bad etc, just to be fullfilled.

3. Everyday Miracles profile image84
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

Brenda, some people seek understanding and knowledge that way. I know that I used to. The trouble for me was that when I was on the outside looking in my perspective was always just a little bit out of whack.

Sandra, I like to think of God as a loving deity (though I didn't always see Him/Her/It that way). In accordance with the way that I perceive my personal faith I personally believe that God is incredibly forgiving as a loving deity. He gives us chance after chance to follow the "right" path.

To my mind, what this means is that even if we are on the "wrong" path until the moment of our death, the "right" is revealed to us in that moment. Slogging through religious documents one after another isn't necessarily the most revealing way to "choose" a religion or an object of faith. I know that it didn't work for me that way. No matter how well I thought I knew my Bible I was *not* going to give in and convert to Christianity (how well did that work? LOL).

While I do believe that it matters whether you put your faith in one God or another, I also believe that we are "permitted" to be wrong and are given the opportunity to achieve full understanding, even if on our death beds -- because even then I don't believe it's too late.

ETA: I wanted to add that I believe that ultimately it all boils down to the same thing. It isn't necessarily *what* (or who) we worship, but how we go about doing it. Merlin said "All Gods are One God." Very, very interesting.

1. profile image52
      danny heimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not all religions say they are the truth, hinduism and buddism are two examples, in fact, of the major religions, only christianity and islam say that, but all religions suck nonetheless

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How about Judaism? Or you don't count them as major? wink

1. profile image52
          danny heimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're right , I was glumping it in with christianity, but actually, i think judaism is open to other religions and is not out to convert like islam and chrisianity, is that right? i'm not sure

All religions teach the truth including Hinduism and Buddhism ,meaning they know and are the truth, they just don't say we are the only ones having the truth.

4. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Love ya, My Goddess, welcome back! :* wink ♥

1. profile image0

Hey Misha, how you doing?  ♥

5. profile image0

so you would not be a member of a religion,but you can learn a lot from all religions..... whether or not you believe them or understand them fully...... I am warm????

All religions are actually very different

1. profile image0

Oh Brenda, I think you missed the point of what I am saying... the structures of religion are the same they are all political whether building social caste system into their societies, or appointing people to dictate etc...

But yes, you are warm, you can learn a lot from religion... If it wasn't for the love that I do find in people when understanding them and how/why they believe what they do, I don't think I would care to even understand any religion. big_smile

6. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I am fine Your Majesty smile Pretty busy, but fine, thanks for asking tongue

7. profile image0

Well there are some that are not believe me....

8. Lady_E profile image64
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

All Religions are different because they don't all serve God.

Who do the Muslims serve?
    Who do the Hindi's serve?
    Who do the Buddhists serve?
    The Mormons?

Certainly not God.

1. Misha profile image64

Who do the Christians serve? Thanks for the giggles lol

1. profile image0

I see no reply.  zoink smile

2. JonTutor profile image60
      JonTutorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now are you a fundamentalist Christian?????....LOL.  I was raised as a Christian but don't consider Jesus to be the last Prophet(as Moslems do for Mohammed) or the only God(like the  Christian fundamentalists)... Nobody can answer your questions for sure.  Why bother?  Relax and chill out.

1. JonTutor profile image60

Helloooooo Lady... You sure make tall statements and chicken out now.

3. mohitmisra profile image61

Who do the Muslims serve?  Allah=god
      Who do the Hindi's serve? Hindus- Shiva=Brahma =Vishnu=Ma = God
      Who do the Buddhists serve? Buddha =God

god = self wink

=True wink

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

= True, we have liftoff!

4. scheinandras profile image60
      scheinandrasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For me it seems obvioud that they all talk about the same "person"

5. myra636 profile image61
      myra636posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Muslims do serve god and they do believe in Jesus and Mary
      MOrmons are the same as all Christians
      Hindus and Buddhists I do know many of them and have not had a chance to talk about there religions. 

As for your statement you might as well say Catholics and Baptist do not believe in  god ether. They are all just different ways of thinking on the same history

6. countrywomen profile image59
      countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well it is spelled as Hindu. Anyway my truth or my God is the only way or truth has been a cause of many unnecessary wars in the past human history. And even among Christianity why my particular sect of Christianity is the only "right" version is equally perplexing. I have seen in the past too where Mormons/Jehovah's Witnesses also being called as "non believers". As if folks who believe in any other sect or religion are wrong/"non believers" except mine. I read a long time back about Mormons and here is the link for some folks about them: http://hubpages.com/hub/LdsNana---HOW-C … -CHRISTIAN smile

9. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

At last - we agree. Let's leave it there. big_smile

10. profile image0

Well I think I am right in saying Muslims do not believe in the god of the bible, only Christian religions do...

Mormons do believe in god, where the book of mormon which is written by a Prophet Joseph Smith, disagrees with the bible, they take the book of mormon.  They feel Joseph Smith is a prophet from God, who is kinda updating things in bible.  I could be wrong, someone will surely tell me if I am.

Well I think I am right in saying Muslims do not believe in the god of the bible, only Christian religions do..
      There is only one god and many prophets .Both Christians and Muslims talk about the same god as there only one.

2. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Joseph Smith never disagreed with the Bible, he disagreed with other religion's misinterpertations of it.

11. Born Again 05 profile image79
    Born Again 05posted 14 years ago

All religions may believe in a 'god', but only believers have faith in the one true God of the Bible. Christians are always getting a bad rap for sharing their faith.  Look at what Jesus said (some 2000 years ago) in John15:18-20a, "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.  If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me,they will also persecute you."  And in verse 21, "But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me." To my knowledge, Christian Bible based, Christ centered teaching is the ONLY faith where God the Father provides the salvation for sinners through the redemptive work of Jesus Christ the Son on the cross. Salvation is a free gift offered to all who will accept it. Other religions (some of them Christian) base their salvation on works or earning their way into Heaven. Also consider this; Buddha's bones are in his grave...Muhammod's bones are in his grave...Jesus Christ's tomb is empty! He is alive and seated at the right hand of God the Father! Now that's something to believe in.

1. spiderpam profile image74
      spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AMEN!

To my knowledge, Christian Bible based, Christ centered teaching is the ONLY faith where God the Father provides the salvation for sinners through the redemptive work of Jesus.-

All masters take on the karma of their students.

If everyone had gained salvation due to Jesus sacrifice he wouldn't have the  need to come back and there would be no more prophets after him.The prophets guide and help but one must do his own thing.

He is alive and seated at the right hand of God the Father!
      In this case one can say he is seated on the right side of Buddha or god. Nope this is ego all the masters are equal Jesus, Muhammad and the Buddha and represent and work for god.

1. Born Again 05 profile image79
        Born Again 05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please reread what I said,"Salvation is a free gift offered to all who will accept it." So everyone has not gained salvation due to Jesus sacrifice. It's a free gift offered to those who believe and accept what He did. 1John 5:11-13 says, " And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.  He who has the Son has life;he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, That you may know that you have eternal life..." Why else would the Son of God leave His place, forsake all He had to humble Himself and take on the flesh of a lowly human body? As far as prophets...its all been said and done through Jesus. There is no need for anymore prophets. There is a covenant between God and man through the Son. He's coming back first to take His church home. The wrath of God will then be poured out upon the earth. This will be the time of tribulation where the antichrist will rule. At the end of 7 years Christ will return and destroy all evil and establish His 1000 year reign here on earth. The book of Revelation tells it all. As far as Buddha and Muhammad...they are dead and cannot be seated anywhere except in their respective graves. Only Christ is alive and seated at the right hand of God the Father.

It's a free gift offered to those who believe and accept what He did-
          I didn't believe in god or Jesus and found god , gained salvation for myself and not though anyone.

As far as prophets...its all been said and done through Jesus. There is no need for anymore prophets.

It has been said by whom? Tell him I called him or her an idiot.
          There is a desperate need for more prophets who will show humanity the oneness of all religions and prophets and stop these ugly wars going on in the name of god.If all was fine he would not have the need to come back and this planet( something he has to do to make things right) would not see the likes of the great Muhammad, Guru Nank, Baha'ullah, Sai Baba, Paramhansa Yogananda to name a few.

Why else would the Son of God leave His place, forsake all He had to humble Himself and take on the flesh of a lowly human body?
          Me and every human does this.

As far as Buddha and Muhammad...they are dead and cannot be seated anywhere except in their respective graves. Only Christ is alive and seated at the right hand of God the Father.

Usmanali this is for you.I hope know you can see the rubbish you are saying when you say Muhammad is the greatest prophet stuff, its as crazy as Born Again 05 saying Jesus is it and no one else can be compared to him.
          God has to send more prophets to correct this mess. How many more will depend on him. smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

Deary me - yet another one with all the answers. Perhaps you could answer a question for me. I did pose it to the other female religionists who are here to teach us the truth, but they declined to answer and the thread degenerated into some very strange places.

It says quite clearly in the bible that women are subservient to men and should absolutely not go about teaching and preaching. Yet your sole purpose here seems to be to teach and preach your particular flavor.

Why are you going against the word of your god?

Why are you going against the word of your god? -
            Off course its against the word of god as he is not some nutcase who says follow this particular prophet or you are doomed.
            Everyone comes from him and has the potential of becoming a Jesus or Buddha or Muhammad.In one aspect all are prophets.

3. profile image0

- "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.  If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. -

Sandra's translation.  The Serpent is not part of the world, he comes from an unknown origin. wink

-Salvation is a free gift offered to all who will accept it. Other religions (some of them Christian) base their salvation on works or earning their way into Heaven.-

Sandra's translation. Salvation is absolutely not free, it comes at the cost of blood.  It's always kill or be killed, that is the highest price to pay, with blood.
      It's pretty clear that you would rather let the world go on killing each other for his name sake then do anything to stop it, right? There is seriously something wrong here, when you figure it out it will shake your foundation to the ground. big_smile

-Also consider this; Buddha's bones are in his grave...Muhammod's bones are in his grave...Jesus Christ's tomb is empty! He is alive and seated at the right hand of God the Father! Now that's something to believe in.

Sandra's translation. Yet you cannot see the problem with this.  If God is good, then what could be not good?

4. myra636 profile image61

One thing in bible that most Christians tend to forget or overlook is that we are not to judge others lest we be judge so if all would think on that and look at a person for them shelf.

12. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the giggles BA05 lol

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who heeds counsel is wise."  Proverbs 12:15

1. Lady_E profile image64
        Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your contributions Born-again. I just feel that people make a mockery of Christianity. The scripture you wrote above is the perfect answer to such people.

Thank you Lady_E for pointing me in the right direction. Your prayer is being answered. The only way to defend our faith is to quote scripture. That's exactly what Jesus did when tempted in the wilderness by satan. I take my cues from Him. Amen?

1. Lady_E profile image64
            Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen.  God Bless you.

I would add" it takes a master to appreciate a master, a fool will call master a fool." smile

3. Misha profile image64

So, are you trying to call me a fool, albeit slightly indirectly? Don't have enough nerve and skill to actually discuss the issue? Understandable, and very Christian of you. smile

Just for your information, it is called personal attack, and it is a violation of the forum rules. smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
          Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Does that rule apply to everyone Misha?..cool

13. Mason Hymas profile image58
    Mason Hymasposted 14 years ago

I'm curious, sandra rinck, about your recent exploration into a certain religion. Which was it? Were you raised in a religion?

1. profile image0

Yes and No.  Lucky for me I got to choose, my parents were not forceful... strict but not religiously forceful and not overbearing just good folks who let me sort through life because they always believed that I have a good heart. big_smile  I chose no religion except for the one called Love.  I chose the best way for me regarding my beliefs is just that, for me and no one else.

Wish some would take not of it and do the same instead of killing people because of it, instead of making people feel bad for not 'buying' into it, instead of perpetuating the already nauseating circumstances, mind manipulating, self suppressant, fear based dictatorships that "cause" people to not only disbelieve in what they already knew in their hearts but also trade those in for... well let's just say, "a one way ticket to a cloud of tears".

14. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

The quoting of scripture by believers really doesn't serve any purpose as proof for there being a god.  Men were no different in biblical times than they are today.  Personal agendas were important then, as now.  The Bible has been translated, edited, deleted,and changed many times by imperfect men with absolutely no proof of their sincerity.  It has been used and quoted by charlatans for centuries to gain fame and riches from those who want to believe. 

Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Baker, Jim Jones,Joseph Smith, are just a few examples of these religious leaders.  Each had personal gain as their main agendas.  Of course, those who were naive enough to fall for these con-men would say "just because they were imperfect and fell by the wayside doesn't mean they were wrong."  No, but intelligent people would not take these crooks word for anything.

I have to agree with Mark, fanatics use the scriptures which back up their own personal opinions and ignore those they do not agree with.  In other words "the Bible is the word of God and it is the literal truth.  Except the parts I don't agree with."

15. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I think so smile

16. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Alrighty then smile

17. Susana S profile image90
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

Thought I'd throw some of my beliefs into the mix. I think all religions in their most basic form are the same. The core beliefs they promote are: love yourself and others, forgive yourself and others, be non judgemental, be kind and helpful to those in need, share what you have, develop your capacity for love and compassion and reduce your identification with anger, hate, envy, jealousy, greed. In essence they are all asking us to develop the higher human qualities that we all have within us.

I'm a particular fan of Buddhism because it offers practicle methods of developing these qualities, is completely non-judgemental and accepts all religions.

The greatest achievement is selflessness.
    The greatest worth is self-mastery.
    The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.
    The greatest precept is continual awareness.
    The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything.
    The greatest action is not conforming with the worlds ways.
    The greatest magic is transmuting the passions.
    The greatest generosity is non-attachment.
    The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind.
    The greatest patience is humility.
    The greatest effort is not concerned with results.
    The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go.
    The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances.

Atisha (11th century Tibetan Buddhist master)

SIMPLY AWESOME smile

2. myra636 profile image61

Thanks. You made it simple I wish I had this far before I started replying to others

18. profile image52
    danny heimposted 14 years ago

Here's what you said, "Christians are always getting a bad rap for sharing their faith". Christians, by the nature of their "Word", are out to convert, they ain't sharing their faith, not fundamentally anyway, it is commanded of them by Jesus and Jahova, isn't that true?

19. profile image0
    llanishenposted 14 years ago

yes all religions are they same, they all suck.

20. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

It is all based on individual perception from experience and knowledge. There are foundation stones of who and what is God and why that is important to humanity. But because we are unique individuals who have lived our own life, not someone else's, we need what we need a any particular point in time.
    So religions can be helpful guides to any one, but when it gets to the point of that individual relationship with God, that is up to us.
    Like I always have said to my children, God is not the problem, it's human interpretation of God and the human ego's need to be right, that are the problem. big_smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are always those of a particular religious bent who feel the need to try to convince others to see things their way. It seems they need to be assured they are right in their beliefs.  The desperation of some is pathetically apparent in many cases. 

These people cannot accept the reality of our species evolution over the course of millions of years.  All life on earth came from a common source with man's achievements being a testimony to his success.  This in itself should be enough of a miracle for us to be satisfied with our lives on earth, but many cannot appreciate the continuation of our genetic lines on into the coming future. 

They have to have a superior being promising everlasting life because they cannot accept the reality they are afraid of.  This gives them an otherwise feeling of superiority over those who disagree with their gods.

21. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I agree all religions are the same. They can all be traced back to a time of ignorance and superstition. The same symbol meanings appear in all of the ancient myths.Psychology uses religion to help understand human nature, and humans make up religions regularly. It is a part of our self to be "religious" as it is part of everyday life.
    As someone who does not believe in religion it is amazing to see how deeply entrenched it is in the psych of man.

1. Jewels profile image83

Which is one reason it's difficult to separate out and for people to think for themselves.  Belief systems are very difficult to undo even if you intelligently know they are not in your best interests.

So true Jewel. I was bought up Catholic and the religion stuck to me like glue. It took many years on "the road least traveled" to shake it off

I stopped going to Church for the past two years.... But some religions like  Islam  it can be dangerous leaving.....

There are other fundamentalist religions that wont let you go too.

Can you name them?

2. Jewels profile image83

Dangerous in more ways than one. Going against the tide means swimming harder.  There is the physical implications of perhaps leaving an actual societal group (a meme), and the psychological implications of deconstructing the fact that you don't have to feel guilty for having free thought, along with all the structured rules that don't lead to freedom but to enslavement.  The mind is extremely malleable.  Fools are common place.

I meant surely physical bodily danger....psychological maybe if I survive.

One step at a time. Goodluck!

Thanks Jewels... I meant hypothetically if someone like me leaves Islam.

Sorry, you said "if I survive."  Thought you were talking about your own religious situation.

22. profile image56
    Blackngoldbananaposted 14 years ago

The problem with religion is that each follower of a certain relgion believes they are the only ones that are "right" thereby indirectly proclaiming that all other relgions are wrong, thereby causing controversy and even hatred and gosh darn it, sometimes even war.

My point is that nobody knows for sure.  My mother used to say, "The only thing I know is that I don't know."

I sure see a lot of suffering though, but that's for our own good, right?  The good old Holy Father lets bad things happen to us so we turn to him for help.  Nice.  Sounds like blackmail to me.

I realize that by posting this, someone will try to come to my aid and try to talk me into believing something else.  I attended church for many years, I've read the Bible, I sang in two choirs for eight years, I was even a church secretary AND, I even say God Bless You when people sneeze, but I have decided not to let myself be "blackmailed" any longer.

As a "retired" Christian, I agree that this is blackmail.

23. Miss M profile image60
    Miss Mposted 14 years ago

They're all different! Why are you all prentending to be phiolosphers?

24. profile image0

Well said , you may be young and cheeky, but you are tuned in..... good girl.

25. Miss M profile image60

Lol, funnyness!

1. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

cheeky little urchin

26. Miss M profile image60

You amateur phiosophers really do tend to waffle on...I'm amazed just by the capacity..!

27. Miss M profile image60

Quit waffling on! there's nothing to discuss, people!

28. Miss M profile image60

Thank you, people finally understood!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)