Evidence for Noah's Flood and a New Book

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)
  1. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

Taking the Bible literally can lead to all manner of problems.

Interpretation is more a problem than an answer, especially with so many conflicting interpretations. That's why humility and restraint are so important. Answers cannot be found with a head full of answers already.

That was my approach when I researched Genesis several years ago and made numerous startling discoveries. I set aside my preconceived notions and held the question, "What if the Bible has a true timeline of events that matches or remains superior to that of science; how would I find it?"

From the standpoint of science, we know the universe is very, very old and that humans have been around for at least 200,000 years. A literal reading of Genesis yields a creation date of 4004 BC and a Flood date of 2348 BC. If Archbishop Ussher were alive today, he would reject his own timeline. He was that good of a scholar. He would know that he had interpreted the Bible incorrectly.

If the Bible has a timeline compatible with reality (science), it must be found with a new interpretation.

Passages like Numbers 14:34 suggest that the numbers of the Bible need to be adjusted by some factor. "After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise." The phrase, "each day for a year," implies that the numbers are not what they literally seem.

We also have the repetition of the phrase in Genesis 5, "And all the days of [patriarch] were [number] years: and he died." The format suggests that "days" are "years" -- that the numbers are not what they literally seem.

But Genesis 5 starts with, "This is the book of the generations of Adam." This is the number we need to start building our new timeline. The details for how I arrived at the numbers used require several chapters of a book. That book is currently being written -- "The Bible's Hidden Wisdom."

And how can the ages of the early patriarchs be made far longer? Aren't their ages outrageous enough already? Methuselah - 969, Lamech - 777, Adam - 930. But if you look to Genesis 5:2, you see that Adam is described not as an individual, but as a tribe! Could a tribe last for thousands of years? Suddenly, this looks far easier.

These discoveries included,

* A timeline compatible with those of science.
    * An understanding for why God with coddle a liar and a murderer (Cain in Genesis 4).
    * The name of the culprit behind the need for Noah's Flood.
    * And much, much more.

The new date for the Flood, when compared to dates found in science, lead us to understand who the "daughters of men" really were and to understand why God's creation of the Flood was in every way an act of love.

Here are 3 book "trailers" I created recently:

Apocalypse:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7yhXju75mM

Identity Crisis:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDDUpGrevN4

End of the World:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SxsUXN5oN0

And here is a link to the book campaign at IndieGoGo:
    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-b … /x/2790782

Why a crowd funding campaign? Because this book needs to be published this year and I'd like my friends and others to hire me to work only on this. I understand that for some, money is tight, but I also encourage my friends (including fellow Hubbers) to support by discussion and spreading the word. And who knows. It could be fun.

I'd love to know your thoughts.

lone77starposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Here's the book's cover:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7892037_f1024.jpg

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In other words, this book is about your interpretations, which is as valid as anyone else, which is not valid at all. Folks have been "researching" Genesis for a long time, finding "numerous startling discoveries" too, all little more than imaginative nonsense and fabrications.

ATM you seem to have your own interpretations and I suppose by your own logic, they're not valid at all, either.

So, your opinion is "little more than imaginative nonsense and fabrications." Why am I not surprised?

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

I have no interpretations of the Bible, I simply read the words there.

The question is, why are you spamming these forums promoting that garbage?

3. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I suppose there is a new sucker born every minute trying to buy their way into heaven. If your not going to take there money someone else will.

I'd do the same if I just didn't have the ethical/moral dilemma.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 10 years ago

Is this a joke? You want us to support you while you write a book?

Send me some money too everyone. smile

Thanks, Emile. Do you have a job? Does that job pay the bills? Is your employer satisfied with your work? Is your work a joke?

How is someone hiring me any more of a joke than someone hiring you?

Now, I think you're the one being silly.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I wish you luck with your book Lone Star, but I'm afraid it is silly to ask virtual strangers to send you money in order to allow you to expand on your theories in comfort. I'm self employed and I can tell you expanding on theories is not something I hire people to do, although I do offer encouragement when told they  are    working to better themselves through creativity. Oddly, none have asked me to foot the bill; until now.

Emile, you have a unique way of characterizing things.

"Expanding on theories?" No, writing a book and documenting what was found. The reader can make up their minds, if they want to read it. Let the evidence speak for itself.

"In comfort?" I suppose you like to characterize "working" as "comfort," but that's your delusion. After having written several books on my own nickle, I know that it takes time and hard work. Comfort? Like I said, that's your delusion.

And I suppose you're new to the idea of asking perfect strangers for their business. I'm self-employed, too, and I've done that most of my life. Funny, I never thought it was silly to ask a perfect stranger for their business. People I've never known before have hired me to do things for them, whether it's write material, produce artwork, background paintings for a Hollywood film, or produce software in any one of a couple of dozen programming languages. The only difference this time is that the product is my idea, not theirs. Those who want to see the finished product sooner than later will hire me. Frankly, I find it silly not to ask those who are or would be interested.

Artists have had patrons for hundreds of years. How is this any different? And with crowd funding, you don't have to have one millionaire; you can have hundreds of people with a few dollars each. I would fund this project or one like it, if someone else brought it to my attention, because I care about the subject -- our spiritual growth and salvation. And now, crowd funding is a booming business -- people giving perfect strangers money for all manner of projects and causes. Silly? They don't seem to think so.

You don't want to hire me. That's quite all right with me. I would prefer it that way.

1. profile image0
            Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've written a few books also. Enjoyed every minute of each one and enjoyed myself in the process. But, I enjoy work and don't expect others to foot the bill for personal endeavors. Go figure.

2. cheaptrick profile image73
      cheaptrickposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Along that vein of wishful thinking; If they send you to much, I'd be happy to get the overflow

3. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 10 years ago

I think the book is a great idea.
    But I am concerned that this thread is "overly promotional".

Nonetheless, good luck to you on this endeavor.

Thanks! I think you're right. My bad.

I'll contact the Hubpages team.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

Didn't read the rules?

http://hubpages.com/faq/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)