First hub

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image52
    samdcoolestposted 10 years ago

Could anyone please help me with publishing my first hub?

I've tried adding text capsule, images, improving grammar, but every time my hub is rejected.

Here is a link to my hub.

http://samdcoolest.hubpages.com/hub/VirtualBee-review

1. wowtgp profile image60
      wowtgpposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Can't even see your hub as it's no longer been published.

2. profile image0
    delleaposted 10 years ago

I can't read your hub because it's no longer published, so my best suggestion is that you spend a lot of time in the Learning Center and the HubPages FAQ...
    http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/
    http://hubpages.com/faq/

1. profile image52
      samdcoolestposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ok I'll post the complete hub here.

1. profile image52

Deleted

1. profile image52

I have added images and divided the hub text capsules too.

2. hankfreid profile image61
          hankfreidposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is too "sales-y". It's not neutral and doesn't really provide any value to the community.

3. AmbitiousMarketer profile image61
    AmbitiousMarketerposted 10 years ago

I get the feeling you are an affiliate and you are trying to sell something simply because of the word "review".

Hubpages doesnt like this as its considered spam but good news you need to get your score to 75 or 80 (cant remember) by participating in forums, commenting on other hubs and writing well-scored hubs and you will be considered a part of hubpages.

I got rejected for promoting my website which was a bit embarrassing but these article directories are more worth the wait than those auto-submit directories. Basically Google knows backlinks from here are of higher quality than from the easier directories simply because you gotta put in more work.

4. profile image52

No you are getting me wrong.
    Its not an affiliate thing.
    Its just a review of a website that I found good.

5. rebthomas profile image80
    rebthomasposted 10 years ago

I couldn't even get it to open

1. profile image52

I have posted a copy of the hub above.

6. rebthomas profile image80
    rebthomasposted 10 years ago

The article is very vague and has a few grammar errors.
    What are you looking for out of hubpages?

7. DATALOAD profile image61
    DATALOADposted 10 years ago

I wasn't able to see the article but I might still be able to help. Make sure to put a strong emphasis on informing the public. Only add extras that compliment the overall message. Also, don't be afraid to get into the details. Most importantly, don't get discouraged. If you have to choose another topic, just put the other one on the back burner, and keep moving forward.

8. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 10 years ago

Hey samdcoolest!

I recommend checking out the following Learning Center guides on using the HubTool and improving the quality of a Hub to give you an idea of how to get that text into a good format that is supported by helpful media and how to improve the content with which you are starting:

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/using-hubtool
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … y-of-a-Hub

Hope that helps! big_smile

9. LongTimeMother profile image91
    LongTimeMotherposted 10 years ago

Hello. Welcome to HP.
    I suggest you have a fresh start with another topic, and come back to this one when you've had a chance to get a feel for what's required in a hub.  The text is very short ... and could be considered 'over promotional' by whoever assesses it.  That's the nature of the topic you chose to write about. It will take quite a bit of extra effort to turn it into a meaty hub.

When you edit you will see in the top right corner the 'Need some goals?' heading. It shows you your word count etc and gives you immediate feedback about how your hub is looking - and what you can do to improve it.

I wrote a hub about How to get your hub past pending, which might be useful to you. You can find it via my profile page. There's no point me writing all the same points again here.

I think you should start with a topic you know lots about and, most importantly, can write about in detail. With experience you'll be able to spot the problems in your first hub for yourself ... and then figure out how to fix it.
    Good luck. smile

10. profile image52

Thank you everyone for your support.

11. Hariom Singhal profile image61
    Hariom Singhalposted 10 years ago

Forget the first hub and write the 2nd hub with some feture.

12. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Unless you have actually used this website, why would you be promoting it.  And if you have, you should discuss how that went, what kinds of jobs you got etc.

13. lovebuglena profile image86
    lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

From the content you've pasted here from your hub it gives off the vibe as if this is a strictly promotional type of a thing and not sure it's allowed here.

14. rondmrn profile image79
    rondmrnposted 10 years ago

I think the hub is too promotional. There are some words such as scam websites, keyforcash, earnings, pay you by check, payout, and work from home solution. These words are neutral but when you add them all together, it seems like the article might have meant to sell something.

Try to be more informative and provide value to readers. Good luck!

15. profile image0
    Anonymous00posted 10 years ago

Pick your topics wisely, do your research, stay organized, write detailed capsules and cover the material. From there just promote, rinse and repeat.

16. VVanNess profile image78
    VVanNessposted 10 years ago

Samdcoolest, I would strongly advise that you read throgh the articles that Hubpages provides you (like we all did) before trying to publish a Hub, and that you spend time reading through some of the articles that Hubbers with high scores are publishing. This will give you an idea of how to write a quality Hub. Hubpages also provides Hubbers with a bar at the top right of a Hub editing screen that tells you exactly what you need to have a quality Hub (ie. 1250 words or more, 3 pictures, 2 or more videos, quizzes, polls, etc.).

17. misslong123 profile image85
    misslong123posted 10 years ago

It is very easy to write your first Hub. I cannot view your Hub, because it's not published yet. However, first ensure that it is quality writing (like a research paper, rather than a blog) with perfect spelling and grammar. You can easily do this by writing it in Word and do the spell checker there. I also strive to meet the guidelines of the "evergreen" Hubs and all of my Hubs have been featured. Making an evergreen Hub ensures you have an adequate number of words, pictures, and tables... Usually the main reason Hubpages won't publish a Hub is because there is poor quality, such as not enough words, not useful information, blog-like content. You might try reading and researching more Help topics and read others' Hubs to see how they laid there's out. Also, make sure your pictures are your own or do not have watermarks on them. I hope this helped a bit. smile Michele

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)