Who really knows what men want....

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (49 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 10 years ago

"Oh you men only want one thing "
    I believe  I hear most women say
    Oh how little  does she knows about just
    what I do want
    she might be surprised
    There are some men you know
    who would tuck you under  their wing
    and listen
    To your dreams
    your sorrows
    you tears
    And wrap my arms from behind
    while you lay curled
    and content
    And listen on guard while you sleep
    in this cluttered  world
    until you lose all fears
    until he hears you breath softly
    in sleep
    and he smiles
    and thinks......
    there now !
    That's all I want......

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are fantastic with words. lol

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

uh huh... after you get what you want...

and thats okay.
      ...until I have a headache
      or I need more sleep
      or I need time to be alone...
      to recharge...
      to be able to give again...
      with Joy.

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 10 years agoin reply to this

And all that you want, ahorseback, is one thing women long for and few ever find. Well done.

4. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My man only want to be fed both ways (food and sex). He really wants or asks for nothing more....so annoying. So because he is less demanding than other males, he is less giving as well. I find that men will want the same things they give to their spouses as women do.

For instance the more honest a man is, is the more honesty he expects. The more romance he give is the more romance he wants and so forth. You can tell what a man wants by the way he treats you.

1. JPB0756 profile image60
        JPB0756posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well-said.  Honest is best, yes?  Enjoy, Cardisa.

2. JPB0756 profile image60
    JPB0756posted 10 years ago

Good thoughts; in my experience, I've found I am just as much the gift as  she is.  Let's ALL go from that point, id est, equality, quality and love.  Quit being so self-centered, ladies, fun for all!

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

...we women tend to take life very seriously once we become mothers. This needs to be respected and appreciated by their male partners. To us, survival  is at stake on many levels.  We are sensitive (for lack of a better word) to the life of ourselves, our husbands and our offspring and not in that order.... For them to not have what their children (which is naturally their top priority) need, in order to thrive on every level, is absolutely devastating. If you want to love them, have patience with them and try to provide them with material and psychological security.

(If yours is still unreasonable.. you are with the wrong one. Some relationships are mistakes and these types of relationships should be avoided. Step Away From the Eggs, I say!

Poor Simon Cowell! 
      ...or is it poor Lauren Silverman?

Husband means "to protect;"  men are made serious.  Thanks, Kathryn.  :-)

Kathryn, your approach and application of your philosophy seem, to me, that they are in harmony;  I believe that you are very aware.  A joy to read and thank you from us men; nice knowing awareness is extant. By the way, I am not intimating that men are all aware; be nice, though, yes?

3. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 10 years ago

men want sex, good food, and a decent amount of respect, not necessarily in that order

...  is it food or respect which is second? Just curious.

1. janesix profile image59
        janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Depends on the man? smile

I am respectfully surmising that
          you would know
          the fact of the matter
          that every man
          is different
          in tendencies
          and
          temperament.

Not really from that much personal experience. I am just guessing form what I know of human nature. I can't guage a majority of men from a few. Mine have all had healthy appetites,that's for sure.

...some (of yours) would take food over respect?

I was being purposfully ambiguous to be funny. I guess it didn't work?

I really think that Respect is the top priority.
                  for males and females.
                  human nature is basically good...
                  unless deviated.

lol...just to be on the clear side and all kidding aside, I'm not a slut and I truly respect men and I think they are mostly loving and respectable adorable people:)

Well, Kathryn, great statement: "human nature is...good."  Hmm, maybe you are AWARE!  Kidding w/caps, Kathryn, thanks again, my friend.

4. profile image0

Okay ladies , don't fight over me LOL,  respect ! Yes Kathryn ,,,,it all starts there , mutually !
    I can tell that you girls have not had the "experience "  of knowing a true gentleman , I believe that younger generations have a long way to go - and yet , maybe that's the universal plan ?   just kiddin girls , I believe that women are all amazing !  So far advanced towards the social  maturities ,....Every time I compare woman to man -she wins ! Luv you girls !

...will Simon marry Lauren?
      That is the question.

2. Faith Reaper profile image83
      Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Let's see... "who really knows ..." I would think that men truly know what they want in their hearts, and being I am a woman, I really cannot answer.  It would be wonderful if some men would arrive on the scene and answer this question.  I love knowing what you want dearest Ed ... you are a sweetheart.  Maybe it is those men who give the impression of what men want being they are in the spotlight of wanting such other things as mentioned here, but again, I am only guessing.  hehehe  I do know one thing for sure, communication is key, and a man truly needs to be up front with what he does want and actually speak it out loud, come what may!  My husband as a good friend, who truly has no desire to ever get married and likes to gamble and just be himself, but what is so great about all of that is, every woman he meets knows this, as he tells them that very thing and he tells them he cares to not ever get married or change his ways, and you would be surprised as to how many woman jump on board anyway knowing such.  At least he was honest, and then they cannot say a word when they wind up a little disappointed, maybe thinking they could possible change him.  I do not understand that mentality of "changing" a man, for that is not who he is, but once a young man matures and changes to be the person he truly is at whatever age, then that is who he is, and he should not make any false pretenses otherwise. 

Bless you,  Faith Reaper

I forgot my syntax;  ty for your blessing, Faith Reaper; 1 question: reaping of faith, as reaping of souls? Sorry to not understand your point w/name.  Interesting view(s), too.

5. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say, for the most part, I really know what men want, but Im not going to print it, cause Im tired of getting banned.

Do you notice how very polite I am now Beth? They are training us well. lol!

2. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh come on Beth , say it , say it !LOL

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Id be banned... then possibly arrested.

6. profile image0

Beth , You know I'd make bail !......:-D

someone wants a hug!

This has nothing to do w/this conversation, I just want to tell you, Kathryn, that I find you genuine and caring!  A perfect woman, and person, too!  Thanks for your wonderful perspective.  Btw, my wife and I are certainly in sync in every way. :-D

Thank You for your kind words, appreciation of my perspective and your friendliness!

7. profile image0

Come on Kathryn ! Give it up !....:-D

o.k. with pats on the back. smile

- hey ahorseback, what is your opinion:  When a couple are engaged and both work, and the man calmly explains to his bride to be, "You'll aways have to work..."
        Is it reasonable to assume that would be a relationship-breaker for her?
        - or not in this day and age. It would be for me, but I am old school.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

- here is another question: If a wife is with a husband who has a problem with alcohol, (although he proclaims he loves her and is a hard working person,) how should she help him and or herself?  Here are the standard options:
        1. Stay and deal with the situation the best she can to her own detriment. (His lack of sobriety affects her negatively.)
        2. Leave.
        3. Give ultimatums and follow through.
        4. Pray really intensely.
        5. Intervention and with family members insisting on AA participation.
        4. Stay and just go to Al Anon herself.
        My answer would be to leave, but is that selfish?

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

1.  It can work in the short term depending on the severity of the problem.  Long term is most likely doomed to failure.

2.  It will work, but has its own dangers and negativity.
          3.  Probably the same as #2.
          4.  Virtually useless as God already knows the problem.  One prayer should be enough to satisfy any requirement a reasonable god would make that people beg for help.  To "pray intensely" over long periods only extends the problem into tomorrow.
          5.  Can work and is probably the best option IF all members will carry through.  At worst it turns into #2.
          6.  Useless.

How we wish prayers would work.

Do you have reason to think that God ignores your prayers unless they are both extra sincere/forceful and repeated multiple times?

hmmmm. I need to ask the woman's brother... Intense praying was his answer. It was a depressing answer to me. Like there is some magic to praying. (Intense or otherwise...it is a good question you bring up.)
                  I decided last night that the best thing she could do is focus on the man's Source of being; for her sake alone.

The moral question is, if some one is sick should they be forced to take steps to get well, especially if they  i n s i s t  on being immersed in de Nile. I was thinking ahorseback could provide the perspective of the male-type on this dilemma, which is probably wide-spread.

Addiction is so devastating. The woman thinks "If he loves me, why does he not just stop drinking, (or whatever substance or destructive behavior). It is the one thing I want!"

It is one thing to lay about cuddling and breathing. It is another thing to take a little action...
                to actually man-up in this case, (or woman-up in the reverse scenario,) and/or put love into action in every case involving the relationship between man and woman.
                No, I do not understand addiction.
                It would seem that addiction to substances etc. is more compelling than loving somebody.
                Ouch.

"It would seem that addiction to substances etc. is more compelling than loving somebody."

There is no doubt whatsoever that most addictions are more compelling than love.  And those that have no harmful effects (according to the addicted person, mind you) are the worst of all in that respect.  Telling an addict that you will leave if they don't change a behavior that harms no one is not only futile but will very often reinforce the behavior itself as you have no right to make such a demand.

oh... so the addicted person does not realize it is harmful in the least. 
                    No one has the right to demand or even expect anyone (anyone?)
                    ( who is already over 18)...to behave in any particular way at all, for any reason, love or whatever.
                    However, if the wife leaves without giving her husband ultimatums etc., the husband is free to live as he wishes and do as he pleases, no?
                    ....The woman does have the right to protect herself.
                    Yes?
                    If she can't leave for financial reasons/ security then she can make the best of it. Like living with incurable cancer, or a concussion that just won't clear up. aaugh....

8. profile image0

Kathryn ! I 'm sorry , I wasn't here for this series of posts .I do have some knowledge about addictions . On a personal level only !   The addicted person has to work as hard  or harder than  the  supporting partner !  If someone is in denial  and remains there !  It's a losing situation for the partner .  NO one can do this single handedly , No one !   Until that man says "hello , my name is .....I'm an alcoholic "  and thouroughly commits to  a curing .............Then you [she ] are alone in this !  Friends , family , no one ........can change someone who doesn't want change !  Hope this helps ...email me if I can help !

9. profile image0

And by the way , there is ALWAYS a way out ! Always .

Thank you, ahorseback.

10. profile image0

I also believe that a woman is more hardwired  than a man , to stay it out  ! To succeed in changing or "fixing " the poor broken man and the relationship . Whether she does this out of strength or weakness is the question .Rather than remain in a relationship that  ends up breaking her , twisting her and her children's mental health . Lets face it , its the woman who assumes that part almost always ! Good luck to her !

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)