Some guy copied the contents of my hubs to his blog.

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (35 posts)
  1. AMAZING THINKER profile image61
    AMAZING THINKERposted 10 years ago

<link removed by request>
    This guy copied my hub to his blog-spot blog. What do I do?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Did you copyright your Hub on HP? Even doing it now may prevent this again in the future.

1. soulfully profile image60
        soulfullyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Can you still copyright your hub if you use Youtube videos on them?

If it is legal to use the YouTube video.

2. soulfully profile image60
      soulfullyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The first thing would be to remove the backlink you just gave him from hubpages. Then report his blog to Google.

2. P Priyadarshana profile image78
    P Priyadarshanaposted 10 years ago

Man! That BaD! I  will Suggest something to do..

I think you should inform blogger about this and ask to turn it down. And sorry bro, I have No Idea How that can be done. sad

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 10 years ago

File DMCA      Google owns Blogger which is blogspot.

4. sparkleyfinger profile image84
    sparkleyfingerposted 10 years ago

Id leave a comment on the blog first of all, and stop sending traffic to there! He will benefit from it! Break the link... Comment saying that you are aware he has copied your work, and you have notified the  website, hopefully that will scare him into removing it... other than that, try to contact blogger  I think this link should help... https://support.google.com/blogger/answ … opic=12467 it lists the copyrigght policy, PLUS has a link to the blogger DMCA form. Good luck!!!!

5. sparkleyfinger profile image84
    sparkleyfingerposted 10 years ago

thats the direct link to the DMCA file form... https://support.google.com/legal/contac … r&rd=1

6. La Verne Amigo profile image63
    La Verne Amigoposted 10 years ago

talk to the owner of the blog...and let him feel your ownership...and yes report it in Blogger or Google...and spread the word... just my opinion

7. AMAZING THINKER profile image61

I did leave a comment, I told him it's a violation of copyright law, and serious actions will be taken...LOL.
    He has copied from other hubs too, and he doesn't even try to modify it, he copy pasted it as it is.
    I will report it. Thanks Everyone!

1. Goodpal profile image75
      Goodpalposted 10 years agoin reply to this

"Imitation is the best form of flattery." Now it needs to be modified, "Copying articles is the best form of flattery!"

Do you agree Amazing?

8. AMAZING THINKER profile image61

By copyright if you mean copyright option in display, then yes.

9. Writer Fox profile image32
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

Use this form for DMCA notices:
    http://support.google.com/legal

Choose Blogger/Blogspot from the menu and fill out the form. It usually takes about a week for a webpage to be removed from that platform.

10. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image83
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 10 years ago

I have seen that there is a system which forbids the content copying of web page. Could this not be done on hub pages, so that the content may not be copied. But I think the visitors become less interested, if content copying is locked.

This 'copyright' choice has already been set up for us before the work has been stolen, but if it has been taken I believe it is too late to use for past work.

11. Goodpal profile image75
    Goodpalposted 10 years ago

It might be a good idea if some hubbers leave comment on the blog of Mr Adoreable Super. He certainly has eye for good articles.

12. P Priyadarshana profile image78
    P Priyadarshanaposted 10 years ago

This is going bad. All of us keep visiting this site => index it! we better stop using this link and you better report that blog!

No need to worry. Let him come to light and face inFAME!!

13. AMAZING THINKER profile image61

YouTube video's don't belong to us, they're just links, so, yes you can still copyright.
    I'll wait one more day for him to delete it, then I'll report.

14. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 10 years ago

Seems to me there could be a method that HP could use to prevent copying a Hub.  It is so easy to do.  I have copied my own to get it onto Word when I failed to do so when I was writing the Hub.  I read one yesterday that had been copied right down to the personal photos, and had the Hubber's name on each photo!

1. Rock_nj profile image89
      Rock_njposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There are ways to make copying a webpage using Cut and Paste impossible, but HP has not implemented them.   I agree that it is far too easy to copy an entire Hub.  I do it with mine all the time as backup, but it shouldn't be so easy, because it means anyone can also copy any Hub.

15. AMAZING THINKER profile image61

May be that's why hubpages lost it's traffic. May be google associates hubs as spam because of duplicate content. I hope they do something, google is strict about this.

Google has yet to learn a lot of human traits; however, it will ever become as smart as us is doubtful. It may be a good idea not to allow this silly copycat, with the label Mr Adoreable Super, take too much of your time and energy. Why? Because he doesn't deserve it! Do your best and "delete" him from your mind!!

16. AMAZING THINKER profile image61

Yes, I am flattered. Thanks for the advice. He doesn't deserve it.

I think you should immediately start a new article, sipping fenny!! Your mind is not for hire, I suppose, by crooks and copycats!!!!  Have a wonderful day.

1. La Verne Amigo profile image63
        La Verne Amigoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

good idea:) life must go on...

Thanks La for appreciating my great idea! Another idea: Ask Mr Amazing Thinker to tell you what is a "Fenny" and how it is made!!

Have a wonderful day!

LOL... I knew it just a while ago:)

Brilliant!  Now drink a big glass of Fenny and start a new hub. Then share what happens; I would love to hear!!.

Wish you Good Luck !!

But it's not in my country... maybe I already have a Fenny in my mind that's why I keep on writing. Thanks for the humor Goodpal, this issue becomes lighter to hubbers like me.smile

17. AMAZING THINKER profile image61

Thank you Goodpal! I am out of Fenny.

1. AMAZING THINKER profile image61
      AMAZING THINKERposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. Drink and Write!

18. Gossda Cn profile image60
    Gossda Cnposted 10 years ago

I would not, follow the step on what .

No need to follow Amazing Thinker. You can "think and write"; many people do it, I believe!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)