De-Legitimizing President Obama's Presidency

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (28 posts)
  1. vveasey profile image71
    vveaseyposted 10 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7755054.jpg
    Why do some people seem so intent on trying to De-legitimize President Obama's presidency, with the birther issue and anything else they can dream up or come up with?  Not to mention all of the intense hostility and hatred directed at him, even while he was running to try and get the nomination, there were people doing this. What's up with that?
    Some people at McCain's rallies were saying "kill him" and that he was an "Arab", What's going on psychologically with these people?

1. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is a good question and most people do not understand the reasoning. Since about 1950 pollsters and fund raisers figured out that negative raises more money than positive. Strange to my way of thinking but very true. More people by an almost 3-1 ratio will give money and vote against something rather than for something. So our political/media machines work up the negative. I have a very close relative who directs a very large national group involved with fundraising and getting congresspeople elected. They really barely promote candidates. They just attack the other candidate.
      So Obama must be attacked. Scandal this and scandal that will get more Republicans to vote Republican than great candidates.
      I suppose we all have to take a good look at ourselves.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

We recognize sneakiness when we see it and hear it.
      We don't hate Obama as a person.
      He's just not fit to be President,  nor has he ever fully proven his eligibility.   And even if he's legally eligible,  he's not morally eligible nor legitimately eligible because he right-out spoke his intentions to change our foundation.   He's arrogant and he disses American sovreignty and morality every chance he gets.    He incites division and racial tension any time he decides it'll make him sound authoritative.   Do liberals not even listen to what the man says?     Sheesh.    If they listened, they'd know why patriotic American citizens don't trust the man.

And as if that's not enough,  he has a vengeful attitude toward whites for things this generation never even did or condoned.

And if that's not enough, he's got a mental or emotional problem because of his birth and because of separation from his father at a young age.   He needs personal counseling.  He can't even reconcile his own past, much less lead a Nation into the future.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
        Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I will pretend to know: The powers that be (illuminati, or whoever) want to try out Jeb Bush.  However, they will ruin him too.
        Yes? No?
        We need George Washington to reincarnate already.
        We need a wise, honest, patriotic soul... How come we have none? has God Himself forsaken us? It sure feels like it.
        Or have we forsaken Him.
        (Sorry to anyone offended by the mention of God, soul, reincarnation or Illuminati.)

Kathryn L. Hill, you stand out because like me you use your name to write. We are honest in that we are who we are and not some make believe avatar. Think about that----- That is social responsibility. Even the author of this forum hides himself in a weird handle so we do not know really who he is.
          The names you used to make your point are direct and paint a fine picture. We must stay vigilante.

vveaseyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Man are you hilarious! And you don't even know it
            Nothing like patting yourself on the back and putting others down because they don't do what you choose to do. You even included K L Hill in your self stroking,

We both believe in God, Jesus, and the United States of America.
              We are not afraid to discuss simple obvious truths without going overboard intellectually. Baby boomer generation folks just do that patting themselves on the back thing. They can't help it. No one else was doing it for them growing up. I don't think he meant to put you down... He was standing up for my mention of George Washington. I hear your put down of me.
              Can't please everybody.

I didn't put you down. I said he included you
                I didn't put you down or him
                I'm a baby boomer too, no need to pat myself on the back
                and compare myself as more favorably than others who don't do what I do..

Plus, The internet is anonymous. How do you know if someone's picture is an actual picture of them? Or the name they're using is their real name? You don't unless you know them personally. So Eric was obviously overlooking that fact.

*"You  * EVEN *  included K L Hill."  What did you imply there? I don't care if you think favorably of me or not... I 'm just curious.

*You have worked really hard in this life to overcome many things according to your bio. Should I not believe what you wrote?

Deleted

2. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Where do you get that a man raised by three white people, mentored into his post almost entirely by white people, and then voted in by a predominantly white constituency is vengeful towards whites?

I don't see that at all.  It feels to me like a racist assumption.

His legitimacy is that he was voted in.  It remains until his terms ends.  Just as with every other president whether I liked them or not.

3. profile image55
      Education Answerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Why did so many people try to do the same to George W. Bush by mocking his college transcripts and intellect and forging military documents?  It's called politics, and both sides play the same game.  They always have, and they always will.  I guess Machiavelli was right about something.

The REAL question should be something like this:

Why is the Left surprised with how the Right is critical of President Obama when they were just as critical of George W. Bush?

Education Answer
        Good points about politics
        I don't think people were saying "kill" Bush at his political opponents rallies or or hatefully calling him an "Arab" ( a racist comment) when he was candidate Bush and first running for office,  or the House leaders saying their number one priority was to make him a one term president...rather than to try to work together for the  good of the country

1. profile image55

You make good points too.

They were, however, saying George W. Bush wasn't their president, he was stupid, and he lied to go to war and thus should serve only one term or be impeached before one term was finished.  I don't recall many people hating him because of the color of his skin, but plenty hated him for coming from wealth.

We agree. 
            There are various kinds of hate, degrees of hate and why people hate. So I think distinguishing between why President Bush was hated and why President Obama is hated creates a clearer picture of the issue rather than focusing on the fact that they both were hated wouldn't you agree?.

Because of the long history of "white supremacy" in this country, and 400 years or so of black enslavement. The Psychosocial effects and after effects of that long period are still affecting whites, blacks and many other Americans today.

Making racial discrimination illegal or outlawing racism doesn't necessarily change people attitudes in their personal lives about those issues or keeps them from passing those attitudes down to their kids...and of course not that all kids will not succumb to that.

Things have change greatly since I was a kid but It really hasn't been that long since " American apartheid" "white's only" areas, drinking fountains etc, etc were outlawed in America. They were still in existence in the 1950's and in some area in the 1960's.

I 'm not making excuses for any "racial" hatred or racism from blacks or anyone else. I'm  just painting picture of why we're still dealing with racial issues and why it going to take a lot more time before these fires completely die out

1. profile image55

Racism is reprehensible.  On that, we can agree.  The problem is that the vast majority of complaints are not based on his color but on his politics, and racism is used as an excuse too often. 

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.  There is a lot of heat in the executive branch.  People seem surprised that there is so much animosity directed at him.  It's naïve to think there wouldn't be a lot of animosity.  Does everybody remember his voting record?  He was quite literally more liberal than Ted Kennedy when he was a senator; he had the most liberal voting record.  How could anybody not expect the Right to be up in arms?  He's not moderate by any means.  Electing Obama would be like electing a conservative republican, if we had one now days.  It would be like electing Goldwater.  Don't you think liberals would be up in arms if that happened? This has little to do with his race and a lot to do with his politics.  I don't, however, go around saying, "He's not my president!"

2. innersmiff profile image64
    innersmiffposted 10 years ago

This is the 3rd or 4th topic this week with a similar point. It's a sign of desperation when you start calling your opposition meany poos.

But yet here you are commenting

1. innersmiff profile image64
        innersmiffposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well observed!

3. Wayne Brown profile image81
    Wayne Brownposted 10 years ago

Not to defend Obama, but the folks you speak of are ever-present in the political backdrop of this nation and always will be.  To some extent, it is nothing more than a public display of ignorance.  On the other hand, Obama is far more dangerous than the average political hack seeking the presidency.  This nation has tolerated some true idiots in the office and we have cotinued to survive but few, if any, have come to that high office with such a low regard for the American history and heritage, the framework of our republic, the principles of our liberties, and the preservation of our future.  This man is totally gum-dipped a a flawed philosphy of economics and government which focuses on dismantling the basic framework of our nation.  He has no respect for the Constitution, The Bill of Rights, or The Rule of Law...what a shame, being a "Magna Cum Laude Honor Grad of Harvard Law" or so he says.  That singular point represents the urgency which should be associated with surviving this president as a nation.

Wayne --- except for the monetary costs, which we will recover from. I like having incompetence in office. I mean think this weird thought: Stalin and Hitler were very competent. See my point? I tend to believe Washington was kind of a boob with a great intellect and a love of country. What about Truman? Or Theodore Roosevelt? Titular heads at best who did cool things for our country.
      None of these losing bastards out there in our continuing "Arab Spring" are in any kind of control. Thank goodness.
      Obama should play more golf and maybe get a lesson or two. He should go on more vacations. She should shake more Queens hands and kiss babies.
      In one company I consult for I starting getting the CEO more involved --- stupid me. That dude needs more time away from the office.
      Obama like every president is great. But I want him to stay out of my life.

...who is pulling his puppet strings, though?. I wish he would grow some Edward Scissor-hands and cut them all!!! And then think for his real self.
        (not his "agenda" or his ego.) He needs to read the Federalist Papers and salvage what we have left. Thats what our founding fathers would like.
        And no, they are not our enemies
        or anyone else's.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)