H1N1 Swine Flu. Is this a Genuine Flu or a Hoax.

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (26 posts)
  1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Many are now in danger of the pandemic scare brought by this newest and harmful thread of flu. Come to think of it many will profit by this especially those drug makers. What do you think guys about this matter.

GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

What sort of hoax could it be? Not sure what you mean. People are dying from it (15 or so here in the UK, so far)

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Umm, one would expect slightly different levels from pandemic I think. More in the order of thousands - not that I want it to get there, just does not qualify yet IMO smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Take a look at Australia folks, it is full bore in my state of Victoria.

Yeah it is nyahahaha its wide barren outback there I guess. smile

2. profile image52
        Frenchmaidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well this is freak me out... here in Canada there is not enough of tamiflu for all the canadian... so they said that they will have to wait a while to see what happen if the hospital and doc office get congested...

hOW ABOUT THE VACCINE....ARE YOU GOING TO GET IT?

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

according to the CDC there have been about 37,000 cases in the us and 211 deaths in the US. I believe it. Here's the details. I live in an area where there have been a alot of cases. So maybe that's why I believe it.

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/update.htm

Misha, I did think a pandemic would feel alot worse too, so I under stand your point

5. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

A pandemic isn't about the number of deaths, though, that's not how it's defined.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Had to look it up LOL. Well, then I don't at all understand what's the fuss is all about, as defined, common cold is pandemic too, as well as say psoriasis or herpes or hundreds if not thousands of other diseases... One more one less does not really make any difference. smile

6. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

What i mean about hoax is that, is this thread of flu is man made that was leaked out in the laboratory so that pharmaceuticals could earn from it. there's suspicion that this was intentionally done unlike other thread of flu which mutated without intervention of man.

7. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Oh I get your conspiracy concern.

Where I live in the US we have a terrible problem with something called Lyme Disease, which is rumored to have leaked from a secret Govt Lab called either Lab 247 or Lab 274 (something like that).

So I think it does happen. Whether in this case or not. I don't know.

8. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

Yeah maybe it could be, in the initial news these strain of flu comes actually from laboratory, same like producing computer virus so that IT companies will profit from it.

I suspect something is fishy going on here, whoa, greed is always the root of evil, i hope im correct though.

9. soni2006 profile image77
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

HiN1 Influenza Swine flu is not a hoax. It is a deadly communicable exposure. There are many cases of people having this flu reported worldwide and many deaths too. A five day course of Tamiflu is given to patients or health care workers who have been in contact with patients who initially come up with some symptoms like cough and runny nose and then it turns out be a this deadly flu.

Health care professionals should take proper precautions such as wearing a mask, etc. to prevent exposure.

10. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

Serious flu pandemics start slow with low mortality at first and then build into absolute nightmares of millions dead. It's certainly not a hoax but we might be lucky on the seriousness front.

11. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Smart Investors should have scrip in Rosche anyway smile

But there is a problem with this bug.  We have currently 1500 cases in NZ and as at today a total of 7 Deaths; although all have come as a result of other complications.

I suggest that you should only buy bacon & ham wearing a face mask! big_smile

12. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

Philippines is widely hit too, man we rank fifth now worldwide in terms of number of cases, but then again, the flu thread is rather weak here. Thank you all for posting, your partly right Misha. But this seems alarming now, in southern part of our country 300 cases was been reported in just one province, its ability to spread is very fast. Some of my students now wears a face mask to avoid the risks of getting infected.

13. profile image0
    Hack Retisposted 14 years ago

I think it's a good way to make money.

One major flu vaccine maker for all of the US, and who needs the money?

Oh right, the US. wink

Thanks for sharing hack...

Yeah it is i guess nyahahaha.

14. profile image0
    Hack Retisposted 14 years ago

Thanks, but that's just my lame theory.

I'm probably wrong, but who knows.

Maybe the Scottish Mafia;)

15. profile image58
    untiedshoelaceposted 14 years ago

I really don't know what to think of it. We will see what happens when families come home from summer vacations and go back to school and work. CHECK OUT MY HUB ON THE SWINE FLU AND SHOW SOME LOVE IN THE POLLS AND COMMENT. =]

16. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

check out the scary videos i posted about the H1N1, they are in this health forum

17. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

I've got the swine flu so I'd say it's genuine! Wrote a hub about how crap it is. I'm on day 5 today and I'm just starting to feel better - never thought I'd say it but hooray for Tamiflu! It's definitely helped me.

18. Trow profile image62
    Trowposted 14 years ago

<last warning!>

I've posted a video about a "Conspiration Theory" about the Influenza

19. rsmallory profile image67
    rsmalloryposted 14 years ago

According to some emails released regarding the press secretary's response to the uproar Obama's Air Force One Fly By/Photo Op caused in New York a few months ago the news coverage of the swine flu came at an opportune time to shift focus off of the administration's disregard for cost and effect of the low flying plane in downtown Manhattan.

Regardless, I know it's real. I have friends who have lost loved ones.

20. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

Thanks for sharing guys...

and good thing your getting well susana s.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)