WORLD WAR II

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (37 posts)
  1. LadyFiddler profile image73
    LadyFiddlerposted 10 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8435232.png
    Do you still remember think or read of world war II ? Do you see a war re-occurring again? What is your views on the Nazis and SS do you think they were GOOD PEOPLE?

1. Pollyannalana profile image60
      Pollyannalanaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

American WWII Vets have sure not forgotten, there are not many left but no one had better get in their way and true Americans back them on this. Our president has pushed the wrong buttons trying to do wrong to Vets and block their trips to monuments made for them. I am so proud that they and the ones who admire and love them unlike the rest of this chicken country has stood up to this anti-American man. Finally I can smile again!

2. CHRIS57 profile image61
      CHRIS57posted 10 years agoin reply to this

"A war re-occurring again?" There are wars going on all over this planet.
      What all this has to do with WWII? Well, WWII lasted 6 years. From 1945 on all military action taken by all former allies to control parts of the world were legitimated with their just and rightful fighting of  Nazi Germany.
      Soviets fought for dominance by shouting anti fascist and anti imperialist paroles. Americans play world police by repeating and repeating that if they hadnĀ“t beaten the hell of the Germans, the world would be a dark and sad place.
      That has been going on for 70 years now. You ask about WWII? Nobody will neget the atrocities of Nazi Germany. But does it allow to intervene in so many places on earth and walk in blood only because they are better people, because their grandfathers fought some German grandfathers in one tiny spot in central Europe?

2. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

The History Channel, whenever it's not embarrassing itself with redneck-pandering trash, will never shut up about World War II. Everyone's pretty much sick of hearing about it.

3. LadyFiddler profile image73

Ok Zelkirro maybe because you think it's the pass or you never lived during that time it can be deemed as thrash but if you think about their are survivors and people who lost their family during this terrible time that t  is still grievous or living a nightmare while you may have a pleasant night rest they are haunted by the past.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can't fathom there is anyone here on this forum that would say the Nazi's were good ppl.

4. LadyFiddler profile image73

Hi Beth37 always expect the unexpected because there are different types of people in this world Good and Bad ones I have done a lot of research on WWII and watch related movies/documentary and you will be surprise the kind of things you hear people say and there are those who loved and adored hitler and the Nazis.

1. profile image0

I hope they would not feel comfortable posting those thoughts here.

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
        A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Did you know that many Germans who were in the Nazi party were forced to do things they didn't want to do? Did you know the vast majority of Germans had no idea what was actually going on in the death camps? Yes, there were a lot of good people made to do bad things, just like Christianity makes good people do bad things.

LadyFiddlerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Troubled man you really seem and sound very troubled let me tell you for your info I am positive I have watched more movies, documentary and read about the war than you and most of those men enjoyed doing wicked things  they even confess that nothing was wrong with what they had done check out Adolf Eichmann, Heindrich Himmler, Hans Blobbel, Hermann Goering, IIse Koch etc. . Even if they were forced when they were held for being war criminals they were NEVER sorry about what they did no remorse even on death row Eichmann refused said he was obeying orders the rest had rather kill themselves than own up. Yes there were the youths that were brainwashed to be anti-Semites but the high ranking men who did the big jobs were very very very evil and perhaps troubled as you are.. I do not believe most of those lying Germans because you can't tell me thousands and millions of bodies were being burnt and rotting flesh wasn't stinking up the air, weren't they curious why so many Jews were disappearing? They were thought to hate the people they once loved and betraying them was nothing to the Germans. They were the ones that sold out the Jews and other non Aryan races when they were found hiding. Read up on IIse Koch one of the wickedest women ever she enjoyed punishing Jews and taking their skin and making lamp shades for her home etc. Joseph Goebbels minister of propaganda and hateful speeches against the Jews please read on check your history and listen for yourself the confessions of many Nazis who adored Hitler and found nothing was wrong with a Jew free Europe/world

Don't you just love it when folks start out their posts with personal insults? lol

Really? You've watched movies and documentaries? That's fascinating. Personally, I have been to several death camps and toured much of Europe for over two years, have lived and spoken with Poles, Russians, Germans, Ukrainians and a host of other people who lost members of their families in that war, hearing first hand their experiences and what they thought.

Yes, I'm sure you've gulped down whatever those movies and documentaries provided without a shred of thought.

Oh, I see now, you are lumping in the entire German population with a few insane individuals. Well done.

Ah yes, more personal insults equating me to insane despots. Love it.

Well, if someone like yourself were to turn off the tv and start actually learning something about what the German experienced during the war, you might actually understand that.

Is that a fact? Fascinating. It's truly amazing how an entire populace can change their minds about their friends and acquaintances in the blink of an eye, loving and respecting them one moment and despising and hating them the next. You are a wealth of information.

Yes, I do indeed understand there were insane people in high positions in the Nazi party. Funny, how you are incapable of understanding why.

2. profile image0

Im sorry. Will you restate that please? Say, "Nazi's were good ppl."

Ah, so in other words, that's what your brain wanted you to read as opposed to what I actually wrote.

Amazing, Beth. The believers mind truly does not understand things.

5. LadyFiddler profile image73

On HP are all kind of people to so you never know wink

6. maxoxam41 profile image65
    maxoxam41posted 10 years ago

Not only Jews died in the second world war as we are often brainwashed. The Germans were not the ONLY enemies. Why do we SYSTEMATICALLY refer to WW2 when it comes to war? Is people's history so limited? We killed Vietnamese why don't you ask us if we were GOOD PEOPLE? Or to face one's history is too painful?

maxoxam41 I don't know about you but WORLD WAR 2 was one of the biggest and mass murder wars ever also I know it wasn't only Jews killed but they were punished and picked upon more than anyone else and almost wiped completely off of Europe. Germany was the one who started the war though Stalin etc. would have been part and parcel of it to.

1. maxoxam41 profile image65
        maxoxam41posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your history class as if I didn't know however let me teach you one, if you have to refer to the race that was numerously killed our Native Indians have the golden medal. Now again, why to point out incessantly the Germans whereas we have the gold medal. Why not use us as the point of reference in mass killing and ironize on our good Samaritan character?

Max I will just sum u up with a four letter word you are a FOOL. Get LOST mayb in auschwitz......

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
            MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Banning in 3, 2, 1.....

It's nice to see a thread though that just starts out right off the bat with a Nazi reference. It is therefore un-Godwin-able.

1. maxoxam41 profile image65

People don't like me. Can you help Melissa?

LMAO! What makes you think I like you?

2. profile image0

I don't know anything about you, if that helps.

He's very good at analyzing public opinion. That's a plus.

1. profile image0

Sounds a bit like Deepes.

2. maxoxam41 profile image65

Yes, that's who you are when confronted to history you calumniate! I prefer to get lost in my "land of freedom".

FREE you see Germany has a forever stigma on it if you are a german citizen you sound antisemite are you ? Don't give me the ghost bumps now

2. LadyFiddler profile image73

by the way Max I never said I don't like you but as soon as you start to talk like an anti-semite I've got my eyes on you....... I am ANTI- NAZI anti SS and anti HITLER.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)