People & Marriage

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)
  1. profile image53
    StraightTalker201posted 10 years ago

I am between the ages 30-35 and I started going to weddings with my boyfriend since I was 16. I am now in my 30's and realized that marriages/weddings are no longer what they used to be or what it actually meant to stand in the house of God and vow to him and your future wife that you were going to be there for sickness and in health for richer or poor till death do you part! After attending all these special occasions in my "era" of people is that all weddings are shams meaning that now weddings are not about two people becoming as one, its about who can throw the better and more extravagant party, & how much money was made from the envelopes that guest provided when arriving at the reception. Then to only bring kids into this world and still lead the double life of Husband/Boyfriend or Wifey/Mistress. I guess in all the ranting or bitching (if u wanna call it that!) what i'm trying to say is has everyone gone MAD? Why are we not getting married for Love anymore? Why are we all getting married just to fit in with society?
    ST201

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you should judge a couple's commitment from the kind of ceremony and reception they host.

2. profile image53
    StraightTalker201posted 10 years ago

Sweetheart its not about passing judgment on a ceremony that is being hosted by the couple its about the reality of things. I've been a witness to it! Hence the reason why i speak! Why would you get married and make all these vows and then have a kid and while your waiting for your bun in the oven to bake they end up hooking up with the next pus*y that allows them to touch them?

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Then maybe you need to make some better friends.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

Dear ST201
    I agree it should not be happening. I hope people are marrying for love. However, I talked to one girl in her late 20's who told me she got married because she was tired of living with roommates.
    Not very romantic. Without romance, you have the unfulfilled situation where you married , but are still looking for love.  Love seems to be a deep underlying human longing…. But instead, they take ego and sex ( and greed?) in place of love and commitment (and service).

The result of this type of marriage is that both become preoccupied with extramarital affairs, and end up abandoning their offspring emotionally... and even physically... and definitely spiritually.

A child born to these unavailable type of parents does not have consistent love. A child requires consistent love and care from at least one of the parents or he will become angry… maybe thats why we see so many angry youths, rebelling against their elders, school, and society. They end up sexting, slugging to knock out, bullying…  the mass shootings, not to mention those who end up needing pharmaceuticals for anxiety, ADHD, and depression! 
    So StraightTalker 201, thanks for talking straight.
    KLH

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)