Feeling Chuffed! Hit 5,000,000 Views Today :)

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (58 posts)
  1. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 10 years ago

Have been waiting to hit 5 million for a while, and today the views finally clicked over to 5,001,113 big_smile

Unfortunately, there's no accolade for 5 million, but there really should be! It's a bloody long wait from 1 to 10 million.

1. Michael Demapan profile image61
      Michael Demapanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Can I ask how long did you wait?

Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I seem to do about a million a year - ish. My 5 year anniversary is in May.

1. Michael Demapan profile image61
          Michael Demapanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol you're my new hero. congrats

Not sure I've ever been anyone's hero apart form my kids smile

2. mathom profile image78
          mathomposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A million a year with 83 featured is pretty danged amazing; congratulations!

2. PegCole17 profile image94
      PegCole17posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Susana S, Congratulations on reaching this fabulous number of views. It is absolutely inspiring to hear of your success. I agree that it's a long, long time between accolades at that point. Wow. Thanks for sharing your amazing accomplishment and for giving the rest of us hope to do the same.
      Peg

Thank you Peg smile I'm glad you're inspired and I do so much hope that you and others do do the same.

3. Marie Flint profile image72
      Marie Flintposted 10 years agoin reply to this

All of these figures are overwhelming. I'm just a little shy of 7,300 and I've been writing at Hub Pages for nearly two years. A million a year?

I guess I'm writing about the wrong things, but I can only be me.

Congratulations! Congratulations! Yeah! Rah! Rah! Rah! ***

Thanks Marie smile I think you have some fab topics, just not very serachable titles. So there is potential there!

4. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol

wink

5. Dee aka Nonna profile image61
      Dee aka Nonnaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  Wow! Wow! and WOW. That is so wonderful.  Congratulations!  WOW!

Thanks for all the WOW's Dee big_smile

6. Efficient Admin profile image85
      Efficient Adminposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow that is quite an accomplishment -- even getting 1 million hits a year is an awesome feat itself!!  Congratulations!!  I think you're right -- you deserve an accolate for 5 million!

7. raymondphilippe profile image90
      raymondphilippeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Speechless!  What a great example you set. Up to the 10 mio :-)

8. Marketing Merit profile image94
      Marketing Meritposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely fabulous achievement Susana, you should be feeling extremely chuffed!!
      I only wish that HP had a 'like' button, similar to Facebook. Am sure that you would get close to a million likes just for this motivating post alone! wink
      Well done you!!

9. Christy Kirwan profile image91
      Christy Kirwanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is a huge milestone! Big congrats, Susana!

Thanks Christy smile Yep it is huge and like I said it's taken a while! Makes me wonder where HP will be when I hit 10 M - hopefully well on the up!

10. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow, congrats Susana S. HP should have accolade for 5 M.  Mine is stuck at 2 million plus.

Thank you Pretty big_smile Yeah they definitely should have an accolade for 5 mil!

2 million is great smile

11. SandyMcCollum profile image64
      SandyMcCollumposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow, congratulations! So, it IS possible! A million a year is fantastic!

2. Muttface profile image81
    Muttfaceposted 10 years ago

Wow!

3. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa? Congratulations, Susana S. That is incredible.

Thanks Jan smile Yes it seems incredible to me too!

4. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 10 years ago

WOW is right!  Super Congrats!  smile You've always been one I can trust with your advice, even though I'm nowhere close to the views you have.  It would be nice to have those half-way there accolades!  May your success continue!

Thanks Rebekah, that's really sweet smile You give some damn good advice too!

5. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
    LeslieAdrienneposted 10 years ago

YAY!!!!! Kudo's...... big_smile

6. Brandon Michael profile image60
    Brandon Michaelposted 10 years ago

Congrats from a newbie!

7. ilikegames profile image62
    ilikegamesposted 10 years ago

Amazing stuff and big congratulations!

8. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

Well done. The millions do pass rather slowly, lol.

Don't they just. Race you to 10 million wink

9. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 10 years ago

Awesome! smile

10. LWhip profile image79
    LWhipposted 10 years ago

That is definitely a chuff-worthy accomplishment.  Congratulations! 
    I have a whopping 471 (the 1 is important when the total number is so wee) views of which I'm guessing approximately 97.83% are mine.  Most of which occurred when I was taking the long way around to the editing page.  5m is a very very long way off but thank you for showing it's possible.

Thanks smile Your writing skills are much, much better than mine so if you learn a bit about how to target the right topics and audiences I'm sure you can outdo me! It does take patience and perseverance but if you've got those things there's nothing to hold you back.

Loving chuff-worthy, that will be my phrase of the day big_smile

11. Suzanne Day profile image93
    Suzanne Dayposted 10 years ago

Congratulations & well earned - 5 years is a long time! I am halfway to 100,000 so will gradually, slowly be following in your wise footsteps...

Good luck with it! The best thing is that over the last 2-3 years it has truly been passive income. Long may it continue I say smile

1. Suzanne Day profile image93
        Suzanne Dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Agreed! The longer they age, the better it seems to get. I have my original 10 articles from 3 years ago and they have progressed nicely, even though they are yukky articles - will have to fix them up!

12. Susana S profile image94

Thanks to Leslie, Brandon, ilikegames and the other Brandon big_smile

You must be well on your way Lobo?

13. ChicagoPhotos profile image69
    ChicagoPhotosposted 10 years ago

That is a great feat!   
    Congratulations on  the REALLY big  50....00000

14. Writer Fox profile image32
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

Nice job. Maybe it won't be too long to ten million!

15. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 10 years ago

http://wisne.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/five-million.jpg
    http://www.helenacollege.wa.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Congratulations.png

Did you make that especially for me Aquasilver? I'm doubly chuffed now!

Thank you so much big_smile

16. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 10 years ago

In total awe - bowing down before you on red carpet as I type (am a multi-tasker!)

Big congratulations! smile

(note to self: stop writing about ancient dead bodies and tombs)

Thanks Cynthia - I bow to you because I don't have the brains to write about what you write about!

1. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lol Susanna, 5,000,000 views is one big impressive brain.  You write articles people want to read,  answer their questions and fulfil their needs.  It takes a lot of ancient dead people to beat that! smile

You are tooooo kind big_smile

17. susi10 profile image96
    susi10posted 10 years ago

Wow, that is absolutely amazing Susana! 5 million can only be achieved by the masters so you should be so chuffed. Well done, that is truly inspirational. That is a great motivation for me, I am trying my best to get the 100,000 accolade, should get it by May/June. You should make a hub on some of your tips and knowledge, 5 million views makes you one of the elite here on HP. Congrats again. smile

I'm sure you'll get there Suzi - you are definitely on the right track anyway!

I so want to write a hub with all the tips I've learned the hard way....it's just finding the time. I am not a fast writer and with a little baby to look after as well I end up prioritising other things when I'm online. But I will make a concerted effort to write that hub this year ok? Promise!

1. susi10 profile image96
        susi10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Susana! I'm looking forward to it, I appreciate you doing this very much. I think a lot of us could do with some improvement on SEO and stuff like that.

18. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 10 years ago

Congratulations on the wonderful and very exciting achievement! Thank you for sharing all the useful advice in the forums, too.

19. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years ago

Congrats!!  Well done!  Go have a brownie a la mode!  wink

I have been here 3 years, and am barely over 218K views ever..so I salute you.

20. mviola profile image67
    mviolaposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! At my current speed, it will only take me 5,000 years to achieve a similar result :-)

21. Susana S profile image94

Sincere thanks to everyone else who has posted their kind wishes on here big_smile

The Hubpages community is awesome <3

22. grand old lady profile image86
    grand old ladyposted 10 years ago

Congrats on hitting such an amazing milestone. It is a inspiration to know that such things are possible on Hub Pages. Will have to check out your page to learn from you and see what you're doing right.

23. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

This is a chuff:

http://corvidcorner.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Pyrrhocorax_pyrrhocorax_-standing-8.jpg

In the Home Counties it might be called a 'chough', of course.

Both chuff and chough will peck out your eyes if your are feeling below par.

I realise that I am more orc than elf.

24. Susana S profile image94

Thank you for that little tidbit of info.

In "Essex speak" a chuff is also something else......smile

Are you fluent in Essex, Will?

25. agilitymach profile image94
    agilitymachposted 10 years ago

Congrats on a major milestone I'm sure I will never see!!!

And I agree.  There needs to be a 5 million accolade....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)