"Son of God" Movie is coming out soon.

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

So there are many reviews floating around during this pre-release. And they are all over the place.

We know at least one mega church is going to be featuring it and will be using it for a study series. That makes good sense to me. Personally I wish more would do that with the movies considered blasphemy due to different dogmas.

One interesting factoid is that in order to avoid controversy the devil's role has been minimized and basically cut out. To me that is fine, not every Bible teaching must cover every subject.

Another facet of interest is the gazillions of dollars it will make people.

Another strange thing is that it's release date is the ten year anniversary of "The Passion" and 6 weeks from Easter (lent).

I think we all know some folk just can't stand anything about Jesus and we know that some folk don't like anything about Jesus that they think is not perfectly accurate. That is fine but I would hope to get some insight rather than insult here.

2. Sparklea profile image60
    Sparkleaposted 10 years ago

I already have an advance ticket to see it on Monday, can't wait.  However rumors of a snowstorm are rampant ...hope I can get there smile

Ericdierkerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sparlea, your enthusiasm is contagious. I have a funny feeling that you will get there regardless of snow.

3. EncephaloiDead profile image55
    EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years ago

*Spoiler Alert*

Judas did it.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh, but which Judas did it?  There are two mentioned in the New testament.

Luk 6:16  And Judas the brother of James, and Judas Iscariot

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hmm.

You've read the bible, I'm sure, Sir Dent, so you know which one.  smile

2. EncephaloiDead profile image55
        EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My goodness, for someone who spends most of his time copying/pasting verses, you don't appear to really understand what it is your copying/pasting here.

2. Ericdierker profile image46

That is very funny on just a ton of levels. The fact that there are two; the fact that stool pigeons only provide information; and the fact that Mankind did it and not the Pharisees or the Jews.

1. EncephaloiDead profile image55

So, you don't consider the Pharisees or the Jews as part of mankind?

There was an Austrian fellow with a funny little mustache who thought the same way about the Jews.

Exactly the opposite. Very much a part of man kind just not separate. Just like you and me. And individually we are not the "who done it", just like the one strange little man in Austria. Thank you for drawing out this point.

4. grand old lady profile image85
    grand old ladyposted 10 years ago

I am very eager to see the movie and can't wait for it to get to the Philippines.

I think that churches your way will get it quickly. US based groups are already looking to spread it.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

According to the reviews I've read thus far, the "Son of God" movie is merely a cut-and-paste job.

The movie is made up of material from the History Channel's highly successful mini-series, "The Bible," which aired last year, edited together into a feature film.

Sooo.... if you already watched "The Bible" on TV for free, you might not want to hurry out and buy a ticket. Why pay for old bread in a new wrapper?

Just sayin'.

Freddy I think you are pretty close. Which brings up two real interesting questions:

People know that and are still "flocking"?

It seems that for the time of compiling much of the New Testament seems like a cut and paste job of the time. And that cuts both ways in the authenticity argument.

It also reminds me of "copyrighted" Bibles.

6. oceansnsunsets profile image83
    oceansnsunsetsposted 10 years ago

I heard on the radio the other day that "hot Jesus" was trending because of the actor playing Jesus, lol.  That was this last thursday or friday, and while i didn't see it, some of the tweets sounded funny.  I would like to see this movie, they can be interesting.

What a strange theological question. "Lusting after the Lord". I hope the actor can deal with that deal.

7. Sparklea profile image60

Regardless of any criticisms, I am thrilled Hollywood is putting Christ on the screen.
    If not for God I would not be where I am today:  a survivor
    Any trial, tragedy or illness I have survived, is all because of the Spirit of God who lives within me.  With all my faults, mistakes, and multiple blunders thus far in my life, this movie will depict God's grace, mercy and forgiveness.
    I believe the greatest sadness is that when someone who does not believe in God has nowhere to turn when faced with trials and tragedies.  This of course is just my opinion.
    However, so many miracles have occurred in my life it is impossible for me not to believe in God.  I can't wait to see the movie.  Also coming are: Noah, Heaven Is For Real and God's Not Dead.  I will see them all.  Blessings Sparklea

Sparklea I read in one of the reviews that across the board "Christian" movies make more than "others". It is just interesting. As we live this life we surely come to "see" there is more than just you and me. Thank you and Thank God for you!

2. EncephaloiDead profile image55

Yet, there are so many films of the story of Christ already available. One of my faves was Ben Hur.

Allow me to correct your misinformed opinion. People who don't believe in God turn to themselves when faced with trials and tragedies because they have the integrity and honesty to face up to reality rather than wallowing in delusion and false hopes, which is instead what is actually very sad.

Extremely harsh here. I am just pointing that out because perhaps you do not realize it. I think we can see Sparklea's comment as compassionate. And the follow up angry.
        It makes me see what she means. Anger on the side of the "I will rely only on myself" and compassion on the side of "I will pray for those without a spirit filled connection."

Excellent and very clear juxtaposition.

LOL. Her comment was insulting to my intelligence and grossly misinformed, that's why I corrected her.

Of course, you believers see anger and hatred in everyone who doesn't agree with you. SirDent continues to post verses the bible confirming those teachings.

LOL even harder. So, people are angry when they use their brains to figure out their problems? And, people are compassionate when they sit around doing nothing to solve their problems?

Phenomenal contradiction.

Let people judge for themselves. You are certainly entitled to that.

That would be a great "which one" type of forum. We could just copy slices of your words and someone like Sparklea's and just ask if people think which one is all in the negative and mean spirited // if either. And then which one is compassionate and caring of fellow man?

Why don't we try it right here, so I will say: "I feel compassion and sympathy for those we have no spirit filled connection to a higher power as they understand it."

(what will you say to that so we can cut and paste and ask the forum question?)

Ah, so you want to use the appeal to popularity fallacy to make your point?

Well if other humans cannot judge other humans --- who can?

Judging people based on logic, reason and facts is one thing, judging them based on irrational, religious dogma is entirely another.

8. Sparklea profile image60

EncephaloiDead:
    I apologize.  In no way would I deliberately insult one's intelligence...I meant no harm at all.
    I totally understand how you feel.  You are right.
    Thanks for the correction.  I appreciate it.

Thank you, no problem, I understand your religion teaches you those misinformed beliefs, which is why questioning those beliefs is a very good thing as they reveal the real facts.

Can I just use these two remarks for a forum on the subject?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)