Comments

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (31 posts)
  1. sallybea profile image96
    sallybeaposted 9 years ago

There seems to be a problem posting comments on HubPages.  I am only able to answer one comment at a time before I have to go back to the email notifications to answer another on the same Hub.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem.   It is not something I have ever encountered before!

1. Radcliff profile image68
      Radcliffposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think I know what you mean. You used to get another comment box, but you don't anymore. I usually just refresh the page and another shows up. -Liz

sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is exactly what I mean - I had better work out how to find my refresh button is on google chrome!

2. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've had this problem for months. I think it's now the new way of doing things and they've removed the "reply" button from individual comments. Instead of returning to your email, click the refresh button on your internet browser. When the page refreshes, it'll put a new comment box at end of the comments section. The alternative is to go to your account and click the "comments" tab under "hubs" and respond to the comments there.

Thanks, I find it very frustrating and very time consuming.  I used to be able to do them all at once until very recently.

1. Radcliff profile image68
          Radcliffposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I agree. It's a drag. I don't know why it changed.

I guess if enough people feel strongly enough. HubPages staff will think about re-implementing it.

2. RachaelOhalloran profile image84
          RachaelOhalloranposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Go to your stat page, then go to COMMENTS on that bar
          All comments to all hubs will show up on one screen. As I answer them the comment stays, the reply goes away.
          I answer one comment after the other from that screen. 
          APPROVE, REPLY go to next comment

No refreshing necessary.

Chrome refresh button looks like a half circle next to the little house on top left

Thanks Rachel, I did not think of doing it that each time.   I will have a go at that today.  i did prefer being on the same page each time though.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61
              The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you are having the problem which I think from Rachel's answer, I just go to HubPages where it says 'Comments'. It either tells you how many or I right click it and open in a separate tab. Then I answer all the comments that show up.
              If you cannot right click, then just click on Comments, and click on HubPages up top when you are done answering.

Seems like the better option for now but would still like HubPages Staff to take a look at this.  I guess they are pretty busy at the moment though.

3. Jodah profile image90
          Jodahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I posed the same question months ago Sally when it happened to me for the first time. Apparently the majority of hubbers had never been able to reply to comments one after the other on the actual hub, although Sheila and I had both been able to. Hub Page staff didn't understand that there was a problem and didn't admit to changing anything. Now as suggested I go to "comments" on my accounts page to answer multiple comments although it is annoying to have to do so.

Jodah

I have always been able to comment on one page.  I have done it by the method you suggest but it is not the most convenient way as you say.  Perhaps this time we will get  a resolution!

3. Faith Reaper profile image83
      Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Interesting, Sally, for I have never been able to continue commenting on my hubs.  I have always had to comment once, then go back to my profile or the email, and then click on the hub again, and comment one more time and repeat.  I wish I knew that this has not been the case, for I have been on HP 2 1/2 years now and going around the long to leave comments on my hubs. LOL.  Hmmm, now I have to figure out how to do it your way, as a new comment box never opens up on my hubs?

I will probably go the route Rachel suggests in the meantime and hope that HubPages will take a look at this.  There seems little point in getting an email notification if the one can't answer more than one comments from there without having to go back each time.

1. Faith Reaper profile image83
          Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh, sorry I meant to say, I have going around the long way to comment, but that is the only way I know of other than from my account under comments, but sometimes when I do that, the comment does not take.  Exactly!  I agree, makes no sense if we have to go to all that trouble.  And on the hubs with endless amounts of comments (which is a blessing), it takes time to scroll all the way back down to the last one, as I like my comments to be in order, but I do it and I am used to do it that way.

Faith Reaper - indeed, a real blessing to have all the comments but having the same system I have had for nearly two years to answer them would be just the cherry on top:)

2. sallybea profile image96

That makes two of us now - might have to do what Rachel suggests, from the accounts page - under comments.

4. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

sallybea,
      No, I do not have that problem, thank God, but I do have this situation: I comment and then have to refresh my page and then go to the next comment and start the entire process all over again. Seems to me that HP could spend some money in upgrading THIS feature and give us more photo sizes to choose from as well as newer font styles to write out hubs with. This whatever it is, a Helvetica derivative is overused in my opinion.
      Thanks for your attention.
      Be careful driving home.

Kenneth Avery, I think this is pretty much what is happening all over.  I guess staff have their minds on a lot of other things at the moment but hope they get around to looking at this issue sometime.  Perhaps they like the uniformity of the pages just as they are!

1. kenneth avery profile image79
          kenneth averyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Dear sallybea,
          Guess we will just have to "hub and learn," huh?
          smile

2. Arachnea profile image65
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

I've noticed that also. Someone else mentioned above that it's necessary refresh between each reply on a hub. It took me a while to figure that out. It may be a difference between the way the browser or OS functions.

Perhaps but if so, it is not something I have had to do in nearly two years of being here.

2. sallybea profile image96

Arachnea
      I am not sure why it is not functioning in the way that it has done for so long, very frustrating.

3. AliciaC profile image94
    AliciaCposted 9 years ago

It is puzzling why the commenting system used to work differently for different people. Like some other people in this thread, I used to be able to reply to multiple comments on a hub without refreshing the page. At least on my hubs, there was once a "Reply" button under a comment. It sounds like this wasn't the case on everyone's hubs, though. Clicking the Reply button brought up a new text box under the comment. I now have to refresh the page if I want to get a new text box on the hub. I could go to my account to answer comments as other people have said, but I prefer to do it on the hub.

AliciaC
      That is exactly as it has been with me for nearly two years and it was a much nicer way of replying to comments.  Thanks for your input Alicia - lets hope HubPages Staff take a look at this because it seems that for many people are frustrated by having to do it this way.

1. Jodah profile image90
        Jodahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's the way it was for me for four years sally. I have no idea why it changed or why everyone couldn't do it....a mystery.

4. profile image0
    celebassistantposted 9 years ago

This could be browser related, or it could be something to do with the code that's on your page.  I'm not a programmer, but your hubscore could be affecting it or something.

Hopefully Matthew will shed some light on this on Monday.

5. profile image0
    julieannbradyposted 9 years ago

I noticed this morning when I saw I had one comment since yesterday, that after approving it on my dashboard, that it then brought me up the ability to reply to it. It felt a bit slow on the delivery. Previously, I have had a couple of comments and was not prompted for my reply any other time. I wonder if something might of happened when all the comments were automatically set to approve?

I don't think there is much which can be done until HubPages Staff respond.  I appreciate your comment  and look forward to their response.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)