Broken Link / Hub Challenge

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)
  1. easylearningweb profile image86
    easylearningwebposted 9 years ago

I am creating my own 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge and there seems a broken link in regards to information on hub challenges. On the http://hubpages.com/faq/ page, for "41. What is a Hub Challenge?" if I click on the link, "in the HubPages Learning Center" which is at the end of the paragraph, the link, hplink://learningcenter/the-hub-challenge  is a broken link.

I also searched in forums to see if there was a current forum for posing 30 day challenges, and the forums are either inactive or closed.

I am planning on creating a hub to announce my challenge, where I will list all my 30 hubs as I develop them during my challenge time period. Is there any other place I should go to announce or post my challenge?

Please advise.

Thank you very much!

Easylearningweb

1. Christy Kirwan profile image88
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi elw,

You can learn more about HubChallenges here.

easylearningwebposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Christy. Sometimes it's a little tricky to find things, so I appreciate you letting me know about this link.

At the bottom of the link it says not to mention the hub challenge within a hub. I actually have prepared a hub with a nifty graphic for the challenge which I was going to post this week to kickoff the challenge. I was going to use it to post activity and my progress throughout the challenge. Hope that's ok. I've noticed that other hubbers have created hubs about their challenge experiences, so that's my goal.

I will also create a thread, as recommended in the challenge notes in the link you shared.

Thanks again!!!

1. Christy Kirwan profile image88
          Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the heads up about the old, inactive Forum. I'll have to take a look at the HubChallenge post when I get a chance and make some updates.

We discourage using a HubChallenge graphic (or mentioning that it is part of a HubChallenge) within each of the Hubs you write as part of the challenge because that image/text is most likely unrelated to the rest of your Hub and could cause keyword issues (not to mention confuse search visitors). However, if I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like you want to write a whole separate Hub about your experience doing the HubChallenge, which is perfectly ok. Hope that helps!

Yes, Christy, that's exactly right. I'm preparing a separate hub (not part of the 30) dedicated to noting my experience and progress. I'm hoping for some cheerleaders, so between the hub and the thread, hopefully some other hubbers will cheer me on. We can all use a little of that for motivation.

Thanks again!

2. easylearningweb profile image86

One more note, on the link you provided, in #7, when it states:

7. Update your friends and followers on your process by sharing links to your Hub Challenge Hubs in your personal Hub Challenge thread or our shared Hub Challenge Hub thread.

...which has the words " our shared Hub Challenge Hub thread" hyperlinked to: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/105248#post2238013  when you try to reply to this old forum, an error appears that the forum is inactive (2 years old) and it doesn't allow any further posts.

Just an FYI.

Thanks again!

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
          Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think it just means to start your own new thread for the challenge.

Sounds good, Barbara Kay. I'll definitely start a new thread for the challenge. I'm looking forward to the challenge and the experience...I know I have to put some elbow grease in to complete the challenge, but I'm trying to focus on having fun, being creative and developing some stellar hubs along the way. Wish me luck!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Many thanks, LindaSmith1. I didn't see this in my searching...I appreciate you pointing it out. I'm reading it as we speak. :-)

3. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 9 years ago

I have been lacking motivation to write here for quite some time because of my hubber score going down and the Quality issues. But I would love to do this with you (May be I will go and make a new account for this too as adding hubs to this account has only lowered my score further) and we could do some social media promotion as well. It would be better if we can do it as a group. I have some traffic strategies that worked well for my Blogs and we can try that out with the Hubs. Please message me through FB and let's work it out.

Hi Anamika S,

I was hoping that by me taking the challenge would inspire others to continue writing so I do hope you and others join in the fun, cheer me on and do the same. Tomorrow I will be posting a special hub to kickoff my 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge. My start date is tomorrow. I will also start a new thread for the challenge, and I'm ready to post my first of 30 hubs tomorrow as well.

I don't use the messenger in FB because there's some issue with privacy when using it.

Looking forward to the challenge and others who may be joining me. :-)

4. Joel Diffendarfer profile image87
    Joel Diffendarferposted 9 years ago

wow, been thinking about trying this...I'm still learning the "ropes" but am finding that trying to complete an article in one day is teaching me a lot in a short amount of time...what I am learning the most is to discipline my time and organize my notes.  I am also looking at what "stops" me or slows me down.  Yes, I will join you and help keep you accountable...I will be watching, commenting, critiquing, and encouraging...if you want me too.

Thanks for the interest and support, Joel. I have been reading other hubs and threads from other hubbers who have already tried one more hub challenges, and this has been helping me with the planning process. I think the key is to do a lot of upfront work and planning so that hub content is ready to be assembled each day. It normally takes me awhile, either several days, to a week or sometimes a lot longer, to research and assemble a hub. So in this case, planning ahead is very important.

Wish me luck...the countdown starts tomorrow!

5. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 9 years ago

In that case, I won't be able to join the Challenge. I need a bunch of people who are social media active to join me in doing the challenge. No matter how good the Writing is, Traffic is needed to make money. If I could take a Blog from 4000 views a day to 11000 views a day (you will see the proof on my FB wall), I guess that traffic strategies are worth trying. I haven't tried them on HubPages so far.  Maybe I will try them out all alone. Anyways, I wish you all the Best for the Challenge.

Thanks, Anamika, maybe we can connect for the next go around challenge. I'm impressed with the amount of articles you have and the traffic on your facebook page. As time permits, I will review your recommendations for social networking. Thanks again!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)