I'm a newbie here and created 2 hub pages and would like feedback..

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Lily Rose profile image84
    Lily Roseposted 14 years ago

I had never heard of HubPages before two days ago and now I am the proud author of two hub pages.  I have a lot to learn and would appreciate any feedback anyone can give me on my hubs so far.  Thanks!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Shop-for-Good-Stuff

http://hubpages.com/hub/Things-The-Doct … -Treatment

2. rosariomontenegro profile image67
    rosariomontenegroposted 14 years ago

You are a prolific writer and you wrote about things that really are interesting for yourself, thus, they are going to be interesting to others.
    You look young and beautiful, you are going to be strong enough to go to the end of the nightmare of your chemo (I didn't get why on earth anybody was able to force chemo on to you if you didn't want it, but that's another story).
    After you're finished with it, please turn quickly to alternative, strong natural therapies to really get out of cancer entirely.
    For starters, there is a hub that should interest you:

How I Cured Stage 4 Cancer in Two Weeks For Less Than The Cost Of A Night At The Movies

Please check it out!

Then find out about Dr. David Servan-Shreiber. This French-American doctor is a true science man, and has an excellent blog about healing cancer (if possible through natural ways). He does not yet write here but you can Google him.

You should start drinking Flor Essence or Essiac.

And then, concentrate on HubPages, write about anything and everything. Do not identify yourself with cancer ... it's just an impermanent condition that is probably entirely out of your body by now. So forget about it, concentrate on other things!

Wishing you the best!

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I read your hub about cancer, and responded. Your writing as I pointed out is great, you get your point across well. You could break your text up in to several text capsules to make space on your page for advertisements that are related to cancer, which may help others as well as the great work you have done in writing this wonderfully honest hub. Thank you.

4. manmade76 profile image41
    manmade76posted 14 years ago

yeah read your articles nice one, myself also wrote some 3 hubs , if you people free u can see my hubs and give comments.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Been and done that mm.

5. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

You have written very well. However in the last text capsule of the Hub on cancer, the content is large. Try to put some photos in and around the text so that it will make reading more enjoyable.

6. profile image0
    iamqweenbeeposted 14 years ago

Very well written! Good topics and good delivery. Mine are too horrific/scary for some people, but, yours are something I would like to do. It goes to prove that each writer has a genre.

I also learned something from others posting here. Thanks guys

7. Lily Rose profile image84
    Lily Roseposted 14 years ago

Thank you all for the great comments and suggestions.  I will try and edit the cancer Hub to break it up a little more - so much text!  I have no experience writing anything of this sort so to hear many of you compliment my writing means a lot!

By the way, today I started two more Hubs if you'd like to check them out.  I hope you enjoy them.  I'm having fun coming up with ideas that mean something to me!

8. profile image0
    iamqweenbeeposted 14 years ago

packerpack,
    I followed your advise on my hubs. Thanks

9. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Your cancer hub is good, but some of the tags on that hub seem extremely random and off-topic.

My suggestion is to not use suggestions from the HubPages system and instead to do those all yourself, making them be important key phrases that are extremely relevant to the hub topic.

10. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Welcome, Lily Rose. Your writing is terrific. Whether or not you need any assistance from us depends on what your goals are. Are you here to hone your writing skills or are you here to try to make a few extra bucks?

If you're here to write, then you are doing everything absolutely right, and well done! If you're here to earn extra money, then you need a little help. Well, a lot of help. But still, a good start!

1. Lily Rose profile image84
      Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The answer is both.  My initial intent was to try and make some extra bucks, but I'm finding that the writing and coming up with ideas is a challenge that keeps my brain otherwise occupied.  I did work a lot on my hubs this morning by breaking up the text some and adding in a lot of pictures (I hope not too much).  You said I need a lot of help if I want to make money - please tell me what I should do?  Thanks!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)