Ads appearing in "Related Hubs"

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image84
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

Why are ads now appearing in "Related Hubs" under our hubs?  It does not look right for ads to be placed there.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
      Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree - it not only does not look right, but is rather sneaky. Someone may click on the ad thinking it is a "related hub".

Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, they are sneaky, as I almost did do just that, Phyllis!

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
          Venkatachari Mposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I also was about to click an ad when suddenly my hand stopped finding the ad choice button on it. They are very confusing and misleading.

Hi Ven, yes, they are misleading, as they are placed in a spot normally reserved for related hubs.

2. profile image0
        calculus-geometryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well, that is how HP makes money.

Yes, that is the bottom line no doubt. But we are not to click on any ads and where they are placing the ads is tricky.

2. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

i think it is the keywords that are related to the unrelated ads?

Oh, really, peachpurple ...hmmm

3. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There was a forum announcement about native ads a few weeks ago.
      You can find that thread here.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2688553

Okay, thank you ...native ads?  Will check it out.

2. NateB11 profile image87
    NateB11posted 9 years ago

These are the new native ads, introduced a few weeks ago over here http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/127468

Oh, really! Thank you for the heads up, Nate. I still do not think that is an appropriate place for an ad.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
        Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1 It doesn't give us a good reputation.

It sure does not, Barbara!

3. Sparklea profile image60
    Sparkleaposted 9 years ago

Faith, I am having an awful time with the hubs I have published since I joined Hub Pages.  I am getting lots of notifications in my email that ______has commented on (title of hub).  All the names are just one first name, and they are NOT comments.  They are ads, some are not in English, and some talk about computers or anything totally unrelated to the hub.
    This has been going on for the past couple of weeks.  I have not approved ANY - I don't know if I am being hacked, if my hubs have a virus, but the comments are from people I never heard of.  If I look up a name, sometimes I get a profile page stating, "zero hubs, zero followers" -
    Can you or anyone give any advice? 
    I will check out the unrelated ads also.  And Nate's feedback.
    I am very upset about this as it seems MOST of my hubs are under attack.
    Blessings, Sparklea  PS: Faith, I will email you.  Dave and I have been very sick since New Year's Eve

Oh, no, dear Sparklea!  That sounds so strange indeed.  It happened to me for a couple of months but it seems just on my Christmas Tree hub, but way before Christmas, where outsiders would leave comments in another language totally unrelated to the hub.  It was as if they were talking to each other on my hub.  I could translate some of it and something they would mention something about the hub.  So, I think they were spammers or something, but I have no idea why they felt the need to comment on my hub?  I hope your problem ends soon!  If you keep deleting them, maybe they will get the hint.  In the meantime, I would set your comments to be approved by you before they appear on your hubs.  That way no one will see the comments unless you approve them.  (((Hugs))) Love you

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)