how to gain body weight.

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (35 posts)
  1. saravanacss profile image58
    saravanacssposted 15 years ago

i want to improve my body weight..
    what are the diet plan i need to follow.
    i am a south indian.
    i am playing basketball weekly once for more than 30mins.
    my height is 180cm. and my weight is 60kg what to do..

1. dingdong profile image58
      dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

South Indian? Eat lot of Butter Roasts (Dosa) big_smile

2. profile image56
      fun2hubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Are you really taking time to read the responses here? tongue

I doubt big_smile

3. thinking out loud profile image40
      thinking out loudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When I was younger i went through the same thing. I went the milkshake route.  the trick is to monitor the weight gain and stop when you start a continual gain, unless of course you want to roll down the court.

4. usmanali81 profile image60
      usmanali81posted 14 years agoin reply to this

1) Don't Masturbate
         Eat
      2) Rice
      3) Potatoes
      4) Bread
      5) Honey

That's enough, nothing else.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Beer smile

1. jyuva profile image58
      jyuvaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good advice Mark, i think it really works big_smile

1. profile image56
        fun2hubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Do you just think or tested practically? wink

2. usmanali81 profile image60

Really bad advice, alcohol leads to many diseases including Breast Cancer and Heart Strokes.

2. usmanali81 profile image60

Forbidden cool

3. usmanali81 profile image60

Forbidden cool

3. natural030 profile image57
    natural030posted 15 years ago

There are some factors that play into eating healthy and gaining weight. Eating healthy consists of carbohydrates (carbs), proteins, and certain fats (notice I said "certain").

The simplest way put in order to gain weight is eat MORE calories than you take in per day. So, if you are an athlete you should be taking in about 2000 calories ATLEAST. Now, in order to gain weight you have to eat more than 2000 calories daily. You counter your healthy eating habits with weight lifting which turns that food (some fat, some carbs, some protein) into muscle.

Now here is the technical numbers when talking about carbs, fats, and proteins. Your body should be getting 7 to 10 g/kg of your body weight. So take your body weight in kilograms (kg) and multiple that by 7 and 10. This will give you the range you need for daily carbohydrate intake.

As far as protein goes you should get getting atleats 1 to 3 g/kg of your body weight. However, you should not take in more than 3 grams per day. Again, multiple your body weight in kg with 1 and 3 and this will give you the range of protein you need daily.

You can find all of this information on food labels on every packaged food.

4. jyuva profile image58
    jyuvaposted 15 years ago

It works big_smile
    Personal experience

5. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Guaranteed or your old body back......

6. Dubie217 profile image58
    Dubie217posted 15 years ago

Hard work and determination.  You have to find you a program and a diet that works for you.  There are thousands of them out there on the net.  Check out my hub for a great idea of diets and workouts. 

Good Luck.

7. TravelMonkey profile image61
    TravelMonkeyposted 15 years ago

Consume more calories than you use, simple.

8. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

Eat pies...lots of pies

9. steimmanbernard profile image59
    steimmanbernardposted 15 years ago

it sometimes depends of one metabolism and body structure well maybe the best thing that you should do is eat properly like more on carbo if you want to gain weights. have enough rest. and more on calories:D hehehe

10. eswar profile image59
    eswarposted 15 years ago

It's very simple sit infront of your system with a lot of tasty side dishes and just go through the web world, you are successfully on your way towards your goal. :-)
    ah! I forgot to mention forget your basketball that's important.

11. zuk1 profile image61
    zuk1posted 15 years ago

Beer, meat, bread, cheese, chocolate.. All day.

12. SasseGuide profile image60
    SasseGuideposted 15 years ago

I wouldn't worry too much about trying to put on weight. Just make sure your body is getting what it needs as far as nutrients and caloric requirements.  If you are trying to gain weight for a sport, then you probably don't just want weight but usable muscle mass.  This requires an exercise plan as well as diet. There are many sensible mass building programs available on the internet, but I think you would be well served to just eat healthy foods and continue to work out.

13. chana45 profile image59
    chana45posted 15 years ago

try insure it is so good

1. profile image48
      ladyvenusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gaining weight is my problem too because I usually eat small amount of food at the same time I'm workaholic plus this new found hp. Maybe need to change my eating habit.

14. profile image50
    MuscleGainposted 14 years ago

In order to build muscle, you must consume more calories than you burn!

This is a basic biological law of muscle growth, and if you fail to consume an adequate number of calories per day you will NOT build muscle, plain and simple.

1. profile image48
      ladyvenusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe whey protein too. Do you have whey protein in your grocery there.

15. Rockwell Fitness profile image58
    Rockwell Fitnessposted 14 years ago

What kind of weight?
    How much weight?
    When do you want to put this weight on by?

1. apeksha profile image66
      apekshaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

rockwell fitness I wan ask you how to make our body fit and fine..have u written any hubs on this?
      I want to shape up my abdomin.help

2. dcristo profile image61
      dcristoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

These are exactly the questions you should be asking.

If you just want to gain weight, then you could eat dirty and sure you will gain body weight, but mostly fat. If the goal is to build lean muscle then you will want to eat a clean diet high in protein, carbs and healthy fats.

16. Kyanisunrise profile image61
    Kyanisunriseposted 14 years ago

If you want to gain body weight but not fat. Take a high dose of L-arginine complex. Many of the body builders to this and it is not considered a steroid. Increases muscle mass, circulation and keeps the fat off.

Steve

17. aniketgore profile image60
    aniketgoreposted 14 years ago

Three rules

Eat

Eat

and

Eat

1. apeksha profile image66
      apekshaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

babay you will increase ur fats and flush not weight...

18. profile image0
    SarahMichelleposted 14 years ago

Oh my I wish I had to ask this question - don't get me wrong I have had friends with this problem but it made me smile.

My recommendation - CHOCOLATE ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!

19. freelanceworld profile image62
    freelanceworldposted 14 years ago

I fear but most of the replies above will either make u lose more weight or same condition.

Being a doctor as well as athlete... i give u a simple key (though this is bit aggressive way....but it works and and i helped a fellow doctor earn weight like this)

"Eat more & fast more"

Now u would say whats that?
    Follow this... for 4 weeks and contact me via email, after that ( i know u will after gaining weight)
    1)Take 2 meals a day only  8am & 8pm
    2)Cut down all inter meals stuff...munching and all... snacks, chips, whatever ..nothing in between meals except plain water. (This thing is very important)
    3) Eat like a guzzler in those meals....
    Morning Meal - Diet with Lot of carbs and moderate fat and protein
    Evening meal - Diet with heavy proteins(mutton, chicken, beef-high biological protein), moderate carbs and fat
    4)IF u can afford bit of fat on ur body, you can add more fatty stuff to ur diet
    5) Dont forget to take fibre with these meals...(Not so much that it feeds ur hunger... to an appropriate extend only)
    6) Cut down heavy playing and exercises... Aim is to cut down energy spending
    7)Note ur weight now...and note after 4weeks after doing exactly... then mail me

I know u will be happy. will wait for ur mail
    Regards & cheers big_smile

20. apeksha profile image66
    apekshaposted 14 years ago

Eat boiled Potatoes 2-3 every day at morning.
    Take heavy breakfast, lunch.
    Eat variety of food with maximum amount of protein supplements.
    After dinner before u sleep drink milk added with honey,but dont take it in equal proportion.For 1 glass of milk add 2-3 spoons of honey.
    Daily exercises and then after that eating enough food You will definitely gain weight.
    As I ahve done above and gained 4 kgs.

21. profile image50
    zandrarogersposted 14 years ago

Daily exercises and then after that eating enough food You will definitely gain weight. Thats all.........

<no links please>

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)