Having several problems the last couple days.

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

I have sent a couple emails, one to Maddie and another to team@hubpages but I am having several other problems recently.

1.  when I edit a capsule, it freezes.  This has been happening the last couple of months. -good thing for recover draft option-

2.  when I am placing the capsules where I want them..even though I have them set how I want them, they still show up in some strange order in the preview and when I rearrange them so they look right in the preview, when I publish, they are all still in funny places.

3. One hub received no ads whatsoever.   

4. I cannot use the hubpages.com/user/new for new sign up referrals.  It won't even link to the sign up page without a referral token in it???? 

Hope to hear from admin soon.

Thanks,
    Sandra

1. rastrother profile image41
      rastrotherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

have you checked your internet connection? sometimes if your connection is not consistant things like this can happen. check to make your isp is giving you not only good but consistant internet service. i recommend you try a site called www.speedtest.net, when you go to the site click on the closest server to whereever you live and let the test run. it checks for latency, upload, and download speed. download speed varies through different isp's but if you getting a good consistant latency reading it may just be a server problem on hubpages part. hope this helps you out.

2. darkside profile image67
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which hub isn't displaying the ads?

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Get-An-Orgasm-Every-Time

I am not so concerned about this one but am still waiting to hear from admin.  I don't know if I used a word or phrase that did it so I would like to know so I can change it.

Other hubbers have already suggested what it might be but I checked and can't see the difference between this one and the other ones... unless it is a key phrase or something.

3. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You mean one of the ones that google thinks is too adult-oriented to get ads?

1. profile image0

Well I rewrote it and it has ads now, so I think I must have either used a specif phrase or something.  I don't know but it's fine now. big_smile

2. usmanali81 profile image60
    usmanali81posted 14 years ago

May be some Freemaosn sitting on the Server is testing your nerves.

1. profile image0
      Hack Retisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha!

Sandra, what browser are you using?

3. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I've had the thing with delays and "weirdness" when editing too.  Sometimes it just kind of seems to be stuck.  Sometimes most of the text is "cloudy", with some at the bottom "regular".  I've had some "oddness" with moving/editing picture capsules too.

The only real way to get out of the whole "frozen thing" is to either shut down the window or do whatever it takes to get rid of it.  As you said, Sandra, the stuff gets saved to draft, so you don't lose it.  The first couple of times it happened I almost had a heart attack because of all the stuff I'd put into the Hubs and not been able to publish before the freezing happened.  Now, at least, I know there's no need to panic.

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had this too all weekend, seems to be cleared now.  Save the hub after every change is my advice.  Takes twice as long to get a hub up but you don't lose work.

4. profile image0
    Sidney Rayneposted 14 years ago

Well....I am new so who knows...but I get messages from Firefox about resending information when editing....don't know what browser you are using so not sure if that is copacetic with your issue or not.

I just click "yes" a bunch of times and viola....issue resolved.

1. rastrother profile image41
      rastrotherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah that could possibly be the case if she running internet explorer. the new one they just brought out version 8 sucks, they will have to make a version 9 because theres just to many faults with 8, it was doomed from the get go.

5. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Once you arrange your capsules, are you using the *Reorder* button. It will be saved. hmm no need to set up your referral button as HP already has it set up at the top and bottom of your Hub.

1. profile image0

So I don't need to add a referral token to the sign up page? 

Either way, it wont let me use link to the sign up page. sad  Maybe I will try it again today.  Thanks. big_smile

6. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I've had the photo capsules freeze.  They won't download the pictures at all.  I usually have to exit HubPages and give it another try.  It's frustrating during the HubChallenge, that's for sure.

7. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

How about your firewall or AV or other program interfering? hmm jus a thuoght

8. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

I notice a few of your Hubs are a bit sexual, that's maybe why no ads as I know Aya had the same problem once. I never touch that subject because Adsense can pull your account away if you step over a very thin line, just be careful.

Congrats on 500 fans !!

9. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Okay!  It worked today.  So I guess it is all good.  big_smile

10. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Good to hear this smile

1. profile image0

I was too but it looks like they disappeared again. oh well.

I guess the only reason it irritates me is because the part of the series was based on societies role in the way people think about sex.

So, here it is pretty clear.  You may talk about dildos and different sex positions but you cannot talk about the physiological and mental functions of an orgasm.

Really, it just pisses me off. Let's teach the world to use sex toys but never your minds.  The world is seriously lost.  IMO of course. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)