What are the benefits of drinking tea

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)
  1. longjing tea profile image60
    longjing teaposted 12 years ago

Tea called " the king drink in the east " is one of the famous kinds of drink in the world.After analysing, the chinese green tea contains about 400 elements such as the caffeine, tea polyphenol, protein, carbohydrate and so on.

Modern research find that often drinking tea can make people refreshed and eliminate the axunge.What's more, often drinking longjing tea can lower blood pressure.So there are many benefits of drinking chinese green tea.

Next time I will tell you what is forbidden when you drink tea.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6248869_f248.jpg

1. ar.colton profile image80
      ar.coltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A study was recently released, done in Japan, that showed that elderly people who drank 4 or more cups of green tea a day were considerably less likely to become physically disabled due to age. The study was very careful to isolate causal and correlative factors.

I started drinking green tea the day I read that article.

longjing teaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah,tea is a very popular drinking among the middle-aged in China.But I think the young should drink tea instead of coffee.Because the they have the same functions,more important is drinking tea has less side effect.

2. John Holden profile image61
        John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I came to drinking green tea from the other angle.

I drink a fair amount of tea and when I was drinking black tea, tea was my only use for milk. Eventually after throwing away countless half used bottles of milk I started to use dried milk but that didn't really do it for me plus I still didn't use a massive amount with the result that I was throwing away lots of dried milk.

The obvious next step was to drink my tea without milk (I'd stopped taking sugar in my tea whilst still a child). Black tea without milk is not very refreshing, in fact not refreshing at all!
        The next step was to try different teas, fruit and herb teas didn't do it for me - I eventually ended up on green tea, occasionally when I'm flush, white tea.

It was only after I started to drink it that I learnt about the health benefits.
        I have absolutely no evidence to back this up but I believe my recovery from a stroke was down in some little bit to my drinking green tea.

That's amazing that it may have helped your recovery. I was drinking more tea than coffee as well, but I love all teas. I just couldn't get into the green at first becuase I couldn't make it past that grassy flavour. I still have to take honey in my green tea but honey's really good for you too.

1. Connie Smith profile image82
            Connie Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Does it make a difference when it is mixed?  I mix my regular Lipton orange and black pekoe with green tea, tea bag for tea bag and it doesn't really taste any different to me.  Hoping that I get the same health benefits.  From all I read, green tea is amazing.

That's really clever. I'm going to give that a shot. I've been brewing green tea and putting it in fruit smoothies. I don't see why you wouldn't get the benefits.

1. Connie Smith profile image82
                Connie Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the compliment! smile

2. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 12 years ago

Could I have a Long Island Iced Tea, please?

Sorry, I only have the Chinese tea.If you like Chinese tea,you can come to my website to buy it.

3. TinkerFairy profile image59
    TinkerFairyposted 12 years ago

I think tea also has a great detox element! I'm a tea fan all the way esp. mixed with lemon juice.

The tea mixed with lemon juice must be tasty.

4. kjrzeek1 profile image57
    kjrzeek1posted 11 years ago

I love tea and aside from water it is the best drink for your health.  I drink green tea in the morning and herbal tea at night.  I use honey or agave nectar to sweeten my tea and it tastes great.  Enjoy!

5. varunsean profile image61
    varunseanposted 8 years ago

Pros and Cons of Green Tea:
    1. Prevents Cancer Cells - Green tea was found to block the cells that have been damaged by tobacco, this in turn reduces the risk of cancer
    2. Lowers LDL levels - Researchers validate that green tea’s has the power to lower bad cholesterol.
    3. Prevents Tooth Decay - Researchers suggests, a cup of green tea can lower the risk of tooth decay.
    4. Burns Calories - Medical research suggests green tea can prevent obesity because of their cholesterol-lowering abilities.
    5. Prevents Rheumatoid Arthritis - A cups of green each day prevents developing of rheumatoid arthritis

6. Adrien Richards profile image61
    Adrien Richardsposted 8 years ago

love tea

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)