Older Women Younger Guys is this a trend?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)
  1. LadyTwizzelton profile image60
    LadyTwizzeltonposted 13 years ago

So if older men can date and marry younger girls why is it that it is now okay for older women and younger guys to date/marry?
    Is it just a quick flame? Or a interesting conquest? What is in it for the younger guy especially if this is his first marriage and he can't have kids with this "older woman"? Love your feedback as this is the new trend in Los Angeles.
    Should older women be confident in marrying a younger guy or be worry?

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't see any reason for women not to date younger men.  I have dated plenty of them, one being 18 years younger.  I find them not only attractive, but more open minded in their thinking and just more fun to be with in general.  What they lack in maturity they make up for by not having all that baggage from past relationships to carry around. 

I also don't see any reason for a younger man not to marry an older woman.  Most "older" women are more stable, less self-centered, and less dramatic than younger girls.  As far as children are concerned, there are plenty of options available to a couple who want children including surrogacy and adoption, so that should not be a deterrent.

Regarding an older woman being confident in her marriage to a younger man, well just exactly how confident can any woman feel about a relationship... you either trust your partner or you don't.  If she is not feeling confident, she should not enter into the relationship.  Partners part ways regardless of age or attractiveness. 

I always say go for it and enjoy it for what it's worth and however long it lasts.

2. Erin LeFey profile image67
      Erin LeFeyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't see why its a big deal or an issue. Live and let live, be happy. women now take better care of themselves and look and carry themselves with such a love for life, why stick us with stodgy old men who want to force us into retirement and old age. If the chance arose, I don't care what his age....if he is without emotional baggage, which is my major concern (I've worked hard to get rid of mine) then Let it be...
      I'm living life for the Joi de Vie!!

Namaste.

1. profile image53
        sannionposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Greetings and happy new year Erin, when you want a woman, baggage and the have no place in your heart , all see is what you like about her and her old beauty which in fact is the best these days, by the way all women are no matter the look and age..

3. RSBrauer profile image52
      RSBrauerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't see anything wrong either.  If two people are attracted to each other why not go for it? As long as both are of age and consenting, I don't think it's anyone's business to bud in, that is, if you live in america!

4. perfectperception profile image61
      perfectperceptionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am finding that younger men are desiring older women a lot more these days.  My son explained it, saying that with an older woman you are less likely to have to deal with any games!

5. Bronson_Hub profile image60
      Bronson_Hubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is this a trend?  Please.  It's a gift!

6. cpvr profile image60
      cpvrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know that I'm dating a 23 year old. Some girls are age these days are too immature to get involved with someone - or if they are, they'll cheat on their signinificant other.

7. profile image0
      David99999posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I prefer women around my own age.  From what I've seen, I believe that older women who marry men a decade or so their junior are domineering.  Likewise, I believe that younger men who marry women a decade or so their senior have an Oedipus complex.  In other words, they have a mommy fixation.

8. pertibha321 profile image39
      pertibha321posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey dear as much i know love is not related to the age .A young girl can fall in love with a man older then him and the same a young man can fall in love with elder women.I got many purpose from guys younger then me and also from guys older then me.
      But what i feel is when it comes to marriage if the gap is too much like more then 30-40 years then its just about money not about love mostly.
      If a guy who is of 20 years marry a lady of 60 years i am sure its not true love but there are some other selfish reasons.There is nothing bad an old man dating younger girls or an old woman dating a young guy but still he or she should sea how much age gap is there and is it the real love .

2. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

Older guys have been doing this for eons and I see no reason why women should not do it.  I think it's a great idea and a lot of younger guys could benefit from the experiences of older women.  Go Girls!!!!!

3. tysanders profile image61
    tysandersposted 13 years ago

I like to think that when you fall in love with someone their age becomes less important. I personally am not into younger guys. Usually they are not financially stable and a bit immature for my taste but I don't see anything wrong with a woman dating a man who is younger than she is. To each it's own, just be happy.

4. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 13 years ago

Great!! I'd love to have a sexy strong 'so-into-me' boyfriend half my age at the ripe age of 50!! All-power to the 'trend'.

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...i don't know...once the lust wore off...i figure the younger guy would have his own set of baggage that i don't think i really have the time for...figure he'd have too many needs....

6. dianne143 profile image40
    dianne143posted 13 years ago

For my own opinion it is not good too see a woman who dates with a younger man why? older woman is like his mother and it is very hard sometimes it can cause a problem due to younger guys are not emotionally stable and some wants to have fun, others only for an experienced, some just felt infatuated cos of mother image role of the older woman. Guys always wants to be pampered emotionally. So its hard to predict if their relationship will last maybe as of today they are still enjoying due to the fact that they are in the stage of getting along with each other, having some fun. But there are lots of consequence when time comes they will live in same house that is very challenging where they can discover more of their differences and likeness more than they knew each other.

7. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I loved dating old women when i was younger...

I remember Mildred... 96 years old, blue/grey hair, nurse during the Great War.

We met at the seniors residence, I was running the volunteer Bingo game on Thursday nights.  I cried out 'I 69'.. she giggled, and it was pure romance from then on.

Our days were filled with Price is Right and kntting.. our nights with a heated passion that was as warm as the Ben Gay which covered our bodies.

In the morning, when I would get up to go to work, she would put some hard candy in my pocket.  She said it was the least she could do, figuring I had done the same to her the night before.

Man, i do miss her so

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...i'm right here baby....give it to me one more time....

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Funny/Funny_Face_Old_Woman.jpg

Luv Mildred

NB - luv ya long time baby....

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

damn i miss that tongue!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...i miss you too GO!....the old days...those long walks were a killer...thanks for bringin' back the memories....  xo Mildred

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o69/maharet26/oldwoman.jpg

8. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

I've dated younger guys since I've dated, for years....

I married a younger guy, we divorced but age had nothing to do with it.

I'm currently dating a guy who's 3 years older than me.

Its more about compatibility to me!

But I've heard it said that younger guys like older women because they are calm, cool and better at a lot of stuff... without the drama.

smile  big_smile

1. speedbird profile image60
      speedbirdposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Old women love young men since young men are easy to 'manipulate' , I also believe that young men go for older women for 'financial security'

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)