Did You Know that There is Only One Way to Get to Heaven?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (54 posts)
  1. Reluctant Revival profile image57
    Reluctant Revivalposted 7 years ago

I don't know if you know this or not, but there is only one way to get to Heaven - through Jesus Christ!

1. GA Anderson profile image89
      GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is what you believe, but you have no proof that what you believe is the only truth. Your  biblical proofs are easily contested by other's truths.

So how can you prove that your beliefs are the right ones?
      GA

Reluctant Revivalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It is the only religion that is backed by tons and tons of archaeological finds, to start with.

1. WiccanSage profile image92
          WiccanSageposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The archeological finds only show that people wrote about it and practiced it long ago. It doesn't  prove any of the supernatural things actually happened.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
            Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Think about it. If archeological evidence proves the writings are historically accurate again, and again and again. Slowly pushing the accuracy back further and further there will come a time where the question must be asked by even those outside of the faith. Are any of the supernatural claims true?

We haven't reached that point with the Old Testament. I think they have only shown evidence back to the reign of King David. But the New Testament lends credence to the claims. Too many people converted too quickly to be simply due to a couple of uneducated guys and an ex priest wandering around sharing the tale of a risen Messiah.

Why no outside verification within Roman writings? It could be as simple as the old adage history is written by the victors. But, we have two histories of that area so whose is right, on that particular point? Maybe Roman writings details the final gasping breaths of the history of man after man crucified Christ and the New Testament details the beginning of a new history. Man, of the old religions wouldn't be privy to the miracles of the new. There were no news agencies and most of the converts were either outside of the ruling class or women who by virtue of the customs of society were outside also. No documentation from any of them would be incorporated into official documents.

Someday we may find out, unequivocally, who the victor was.

1. WiccanSage profile image92

I have thought about it... the archeological evidence for Christianity only proves people believed certain things. It doesn't prove those things happened... like Mt. Olympus is there, plain as day, but that doesn't prove Zeus is living on it.

We also have a lot of archeological and scientific evidence proving the Bible wrong. So any hit-or-miss book like that is clearly not  to be trusted anymore than historic fiction.

Can you give me an example of archeological and scientific evidence that proves that the Bible is wrong?

1. wilderness profile image94
                  wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There has never been a world wide flood.

Birds did not fly before land animals came into being.

There was no light before stars.

There was no mass extinction in the last million years, let alone in the last few thousand.

As far as the World wide flood misunderstanding, there has been a few historical accounts of a world wide flood.

As far as the birds issue, you are only going by Darwinian evolution theory - not proof.

We already covered the light issue.

there is no proof to support the "no" mass extinction theory - only speculation.

2. WiccanSage profile image92

RR there was not ever a world-wide flood, period. That matter has been settled by facts, it would have been a geological impossibility.

There was likely never a mass exodus. There was no census anytime around the time Jesus was supposedly born. There's just so much, no matter how generous one is with possibilities. That doesn't even touch on the scientific errors.

Here's the problem with how Christians interpret archeological 'evidence': I went to an evangelical church once and they were raving about how the crumbled walls of what could have been Jericho were found. They said it proved the trumpet brought the walls down.... that's stupid. Crumbled walls are not evidence an angel's trumpet made them fall... it's only proof walls fell (perhaps from an earthquake or something), and the gullible, superstitious individuals believed that it was an act of God and wrote it down that way.

Like I said, that's like someone pointing at Mt. Olympus and saying the mountain exists, and lightning exists, so Zeus must exist.

You need refraise your statement......There was not ever a world-wide flood that you are willing to accept, period.

2. Oztinato profile image75
      Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

As soon as we starting raising "one" finger we should be very concerned about ourselves. Look at the current group in Syria who are always raising "one" finger.
      The mountain has many paths that all lead to the summit.

So, you are a universalist....interesting......God sent Jesus to earth to let everyone know that Jesus Chris is the Truth, the Life, and The Way......Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
          Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

C h r i s t  C o n s c i o u s n e s s   
          How do we gain this?
          Every religious path leads upward to Mighty Triple O.
          Prayer/Meditation, Good Karma and Service to Fellow Man through Love are what true religions encourage. Those that force, lie and indoctrinate are not leading their followers up the mountain toward Christ Consciousness but downward, the other direction.

The Way I See It

Take a deep breath and think about it: you are metaphorically raising "one" finger.
          JC accepted all religions as the very detailed story of the Good Samaritan shows. Samaritan equals a different religion.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
            Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think the problem is the concept of God loving humanity is so difficult that we have to set parameters in order to believe it. We can see how we (and people like us) might squeak through but certainly not others.

The only way the story of Jesus can be classified as good news is if your take on it is closer to the truth than the standard cookie cutter Christian take on it. Otherwise, it's kind of crappy news for the majority of humanity.

1. Oztinato profile image75

I'm agreeing that there is no way anyone could misconstrue JCs message of love and tolerance: including towards all religions.
              I mean someone has to really try hard to get it wrong!

2. Reluctant Revival profile image57

Jesus understands other religions and respects them, like the Samaritans, but He did let them know that there is only one way to Heaven - it i s through Him.

1. PhoenixV profile image63
              PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

All compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give and take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender. For it is all give and no take.  Gandhi

~~~> but one must understand the fundamentals and not misinterpret them.

But Im afraid that Mr. Revivalist will be converted to a watered down candy coated hippy version. Of JC . that does not hold up to the scrutiny of actual scripture.

More power to you if you can accurately discern the meaning of actual Scripture. Usually, intuition is the best guide as opposed to intellctual surmising. Heaven help those who deny the intuitive ability of man, (who is made in Mighty Triple O's image.)

By "Him" we mean kindness and compassion. It's His inner meaning that defines a real religion or a real religious person.
              There's no guy standing at heavenly turnstiles who wears a robe and a crown of thorns holding up one finger like a Daesh nut from Syria!

3. PhoenixV profile image63

How does showing kindness and mercy to a fellow human being in dire straights equate to : Jesus accepts all religion? There is no relation there whatsoever. Jesus accepted moloch.?  The Samaritans would also disagree with them being some different religion as well, because they claim legitimacy and I agree.

All religions can benefit by applying the precepts of Jesus.

Of course!

The point of the story of the Good Samaritan is that kindness and compassion is the true meaning of religion. If a "religion" doesn't have that it's not really a religion.
              This basic message of the story can't be misunderstood unless you really try hard to misunderstand it!
              Let's all put out thinking caps on.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

Christ consciousness is Bliss. We can all attain it, as we have all come from it.
    Heaven is within according to Jesus.

That is deep, but not publicly accurate...

I meant not Biblically accurate

Oh. Not accurate according to you. However, The Bible was recorded throughout eons of time by men and is interpreted / mis-interpreted willy nilly by men. They are guessing as to its meaning in every account.
          Are You Guessing?

3. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 7 years ago

Aaaaand which way would that be?I'm betting it's behind Mc Donalds where they keep the Mc Rib women stashed...cause I guaranty you it's not through Africa where thirty thousand kids die from preventable disease EVERY day...or Bangladesh where people sell one of their little daughters to brothels so they can feed their other ten children...or how about the slums of Mumbai...or Brazil...and then there's Aid's,Zeka,Ebola,and micro penis syndrome...so we can get to heaven faster...Oh,and war...cant forget about good old religion inspired war can we;that'll get you to heaven REAL fast!

You see the negative impact on the world and blame God. But what about all the good things that come from it? Like the humanitarian efforts resulting from it? God's plan for the world goes too deep for you to understand...

1. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So it's OK for innocents to die as long as others benefit?You religionists present god as this Perfect,,All powerful,All Good,loving,cry for you when you hurt ultimate creator of ALL things...then Immediately blame all the shitty stuff that happens on the Devil who he created,people who he created,or the environment which he created;And ultimately you demean,diminish and attack as not smart enough anyone who points out the Glaring Hippocracy of your delusions!   LOFL...get some help.

Jesus loves you......I think you might have been hurt by Christians when you were younger, and that is the reason why you are lashing out at them....Am I correct?

Why are you not addressing the post?
            Instead you want to now talk to me as if I'm an angry offended child.
            Christians have never hurt me;they must have been to busy hurting,torturing,and murdering the millions of other people who do not share their delusion.
            Please address my post.

4. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

And since Christ died for the sins of all of humanity then that means it's god news for all. Not simply those who accept it.

Jesus died on the cross for all, but only those who accept Him as Lord and Savior will receive the Lord's grace and will be saved from eternal punishment.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

"McRib Women" would be a great name for a band.

Yeah, that's all I've got. I'll show myself out. (exits)

Religious bullshit aside,That is a Glaringly Excellent Reply!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)