Trump - It Just Gets Worse

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago
    1. PhoenixV profile image63
      PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"....but the constant feed of confected scares about unions, tax and regulation drummed up by groups that won’t reveal their interests..."

Thats just crazy. When the IRS, some guy that looks like Jimmy Hoffa, and the EPA knocks on your door, who wouldn't automatically think of good times, or the party's on?

2. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

I've read all of the doomsday projections when the left was in power. I suppose it is only right that the left have its day now that the right is in power.

Conspiracy theorists are going to have a lot of fun over the next four years.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I suppose those mushrooms really help too !

1. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I love conspiracy theories. I think they are what make us human.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

There are about three folks you can always count on to respond to information like this.  I think they can rest assured that most hubbers know their point of view by now.  If they would restrain themselves for a while, we might hear other points of view on these political issues.  I'd be interested to read some new ideas and am trying only to respond with documented information like was posted here.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps what you really want to see is the impression , opinion that matches your own, that happens a lot  ?

1. Live to Learn profile image61

Yes, the left and the right enjoy their cheering sections. Heaven forbid have respect for an opposing point of view.

2. Live to Learn profile image61

And, one can always count on this type of response from you. Thanks. smile

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
        Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, LtL, you certainly can.

4. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

I remember some guy posted in the forums once linking to a site that had a mountain of evidence that global warming was a conspiracy. It was interesting reading. There were some truths, some half truths and some outright lies.

I checked out the name of the sites editor and he turned out to be a disgraced scientist from the University of Chicago, who happened to be employed by the Koch brothers. The Koch brothers are big in coal, oil and transportation. A switch to a sustainable economy will hurt their pockets.

That site and thousands of others pump out false information on a daily basis and unless you are familiar with the subject or know how to check facts, you will be fooled.

Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Indeed.   It is very difficult to sort fact from fiction these days.

The way I do it, is to consider who stands to gain.   I am always astonished at how many people are suspicious of scientists now, but they're not suspicious of the corporate-sponsored bodies that attack them.  It's like they think companies must be the good guys.

But I think about the petrol companies who fought hard to discredit scientists over lead poisoning, even while their employees were dying, and the pollution was damaging their health and their own children's health.

I think about the cigarette companies who fought hard  to discredit scientists over tobacco, even while it was damaging their health and their own children's health.

I think about the asbestos and coal companies who fought hard  to discredit scientists over asbestos and coal, even while their own employees and people living round the mines were dying.

And I think about the coal and energy companies who are spending millions to discredit scientists over global warming.

It's a clear pattern and I don't know why people can't see it.

1. Will Apse profile image89
        Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

One of the reasons that the West has achieved so much is that it has developed multiple ways of finding, checking and rechecking facts. If you know what is true, you can make a pretty good judgement of what course of action is most desirable.

In the US, most of the practices that lead to a clear picture of reality are under attack. Science and professional journalism are top of the list.

This has allowed many deliberate inversions. Here are just a few:

Academics are a powerful elite with a vested interest in spreading misinformation
        Scientists are the last people to trust when it comes to climate change.
        At journalism college, you learn how to deceive the masses
        Amateurs are more trustworthy than professionals (especially in politics)

I reckon the Chinese idea that wealth flows to those whom the gods favor should get into that list.

Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You've summed it up in a nutshell.

5. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 7 years ago

Like Bush Corporatism selected him, now many unacceptable groups must live with him. I was living in western Canada then recently Trump made a deal to destroy the environment there more so. Just when we were reversing it to healthier conditions. Money for the rich is much more important than our own vital health. When is the abuse too much?

Freak show report.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

so, what was the deal?

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Remember the world record snowman I built in Ft McMurray Aberta. I had a hard time keeping it looking white. The water taps are no good to drink and wash your body with gas in it. Aberta and Saskatchewan (coal/oil) are the worst air and water quantity in Canada.

I was coughing every day and envision in my dreams mid size city Ft. McMurray would be on fire like hell. Got out of there in time before 1/3 to half of everything burnt to the ground because oil spills are everywhere. Trump brings back this black death to Canada and that fracking ##@$!! to US because he dose not like Saudi now.  Can anyone name a heathy product that Trump likes, that can given to everyone.

WHAT are you talking about?

USA is planning on being the number 1 exporter of oil in the World. Since US dose not know how to complete in real healthy products anymore. US at all cost will rush to war fighting all the oil countries like Iran, Saudi, and Russia.

Canada was third largest oil producer up to Saudi flooding the market and natural environment pointing all the huge health issues in western Canada. Our Prime Minister is a trader he lied about environment issues and held off legalized cannabis that could replace oil and fuel.

Your Trump is a trader too, toward the health and safety to Americans. Now Trump will be fracking 21 US states and oil pipelines mixed up with our waterways and air and set it all on fire too. Canada oil setup is already in place they will be using us until they eitber dump us or buy us out at an offer we can't refuse..

At all cost I must find a way to rebuild this back into a healthy green world.

links, proof and everything and anything else available to prove the accuracy of this information, please and pretty please with real Canadian maple syrup on top.
              That would really and truly be greatly and hugely appreciated, Castlepaloma.
              Not that I don't believe you or anything … I just like to know where to get this info so I can read up and be an intelligent informed citizen of America.
              Thank You and Gracious in advance.

or did Donal Trump tell you in person one day. And you saw this fracking going on under your very nose there in Ft McMurray Alberta, Canada.
              ?

If you Youtube the Grand chess game that Apse gave me. Great resume of an insider of  the NWO game. It's new too me yet bang on so far.

Eustace Mullins best historian I have ever heard  and one of the most controversial too. He can never go on mainstream media, so he has lots on YouTube.

okay. Thank you.

6. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

Marisa:  I've approached sorting fact from fiction the same way, especially when the assaults keep coming from the same sources.  The only reason I think some people don't see the pattern is when the fiction is what those people wanted to believe anyway.

In my experience, the people who are most certain they are right about something, are the people who are the least knowledgeable on the subject.  They are just certain about what they believe - whether it is fact or fiction.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)