Why do you think that Melania Trump is still sticking with Trump?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Enoch Kane profile image62
    Enoch Kaneposted 7 years ago

I don't get it. Why is that Melania is still sticking around with Trump?

1. letstalkabouteduc profile image95
      letstalkabouteducposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Money and power.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image93
      Sherry Hewinsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

We can't read her mind. She doesn't give us a lot to go on. I won't assume that I know what she's thinking or feeling.

1. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Melania is currently saving up to buy Panama. So hubby has somewhere to keep his loot.

edit: that is what we call "satire". Not to be confused with false news.

3. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

She has answered that question, in her public opinions of who and what Trump is.  Should you choose to think she was lying it is up to you to make up your own reasons she stays.  Not to present them as true, of course, but you may make up anything you wish.

4. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

One more anti - Trump Fake issue  among hundreds ,you should go to work for the main-stream media !

2. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

"the unique, one-in-a-lifetime opportunity as an extremely famous and well-known person, as well as a former professional model, brand spokesperson and successful businesswoman, to launch a broad-based commercial brand in multiple product categories"

3. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

Fees at Mar-a-Lago golf course, have doubled from $100,000 to $200,000 p.a. since its owner became president.

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13405697.jpg

Overlord Trump is not going to be upstaged by Melania.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

One would think the Liberal-Amundo News Media surely can find a serious  agenda to begin persuing ?

The club has 500 members. The $100,000 price hike is significant cash. Up to $50 million...

Cool return on getting elected. And this is a very small part of Trump's business dealings. Think of the knock on effect of that status boost across all his holdings. His family will be exploiting it the max, regardless of this 'reclusing myself' BS.

Someone, will come up with a figure, soon. Compare it to what you get from his reign.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

Why did Maimie stay with Ike?  Why did Jackie stay with John? Why did Hillary stay with Bill?  When it comes right down to it: it's nobody's business but theirs.

Given that Melania has put a price of $142 million on her stint as First Lady, I don't think this kind of common decency applies.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
        Jean Bakulaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

She says she wants Barron to finish his school term, but he's going to have to switch schools anyway, and he's missing seeing his Father.

I'll venture a guess they were on the verge of separating, and then got distracted and dazzled by the Election and Presidential win. Billions of dollars are nice too.

1. wilderness profile image94

What do you base your guess on?  That you personally hate her husband and therefore she must do the same?

1. Jean Bakula profile image92

I'm tired of being personally attacked by you. I don't personally hate anyone. I've only been married once, so am not an expert on multiple marriages. I took my original vows seriously.

It's strange that the Trumps have made this arrangement "for Barron" and live apart all week. Melania is the First Lady, and normally has to oversee the changes in the family residence at the WH. Barron has to change schools eventually. Plus most First Ladies are on a whirlwind tour of talk shows in the beginning, and she seems to be shunning everything about the WH.

Her husband seems to choose Ivanka to be the hostess of the WH, not his wife. Since Melania is his 3rd wife, beautiful, a seemingly nice person, and a lot younger than him, I would think he would pay more attention to her. Since he isn't, it seems that they were living separate lives before the election, since they have several properties. Just they weren't in the spotlight so much before. Well, he was. I wonder if he's tweeting from a secure phone.

You don't want your nasty assumptions questioned, don't post them.

Yeah, Melania wants her kid to maintain school without switching in the middle of the year.  I did too, when we moved across the country, and did everything in my power to maintain as much continuity for the kids as I possibly could.  Somehow, it never occurred to me that doing so meant our marriage was on the skids.

I don't have a secure phone, and don't see that as having anything to do with my marriage either.  Do you?

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

… cause they had sex (at least once, apparently) and sex can be like a love potion.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

LOL. There must have been a black out that night.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
        Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

maybe $ is a love potion too! Or maybe she likes him.

6. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 7 years ago

Donald Trump has the best marriages. Terrific wives! Look at all the losers commenting on his marriages. So sad!

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

Jean:  Good for you for confronting personal attacks.  This trait in some hubbers lessens this site for all users.  smile

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

+1.

2. Will Apse profile image88

I will say that I do not think Wilderness's attack is personal. I reckon, it is merely asking for evidence, in a rather sharp way.

Since I am guilty of that from time to time, I cannot be condemnatory, lol.

You got it.  Barron has been attacked for being a youth instead of an adult.  Melania has been attacked for being beautiful, for being an immigrant, for being successful in a very difficult business...the list goes on.  Now we hear that her marriage is rocky...apparently because saying it might cause hurt or pain to a Trump family member. 

The open hatred flowing out of some of the people of the US is astounding, and deserving of a very sharp response.  This entire thread deserves nothing else - it belongs in the Enquirer, for those with "inquiring minds" that have nothing better to do than spread malicious and cruel gossip.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
        Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Will  I aspire to your resolve.

3. Jean Bakula profile image92

Thank you Kathleen. I agree with you it's nobody's business but their own. But there is one difference, not many couples get the experience to live in the WH together (though it sounds difficult, having so little privacy).

I think this thread was started in a sort of gossipy spirit of fun, not intended to hurt anyone. I most certainly do not have "open hatred flowing out of me" maybe somebody should take a long look at himself.

Barron is still going to have to change schools and is probably getting teased everyday anyway, that's how 10 year old kids are. (I have a teacher and a psychotherapist in the family, and Barron's age is hard for everyone). He would learn more being with both parents. This is not the same kind of situation as the average couple with kids who makes decisions. Barron has a chance to see the World with his Father. I realize Melania is just being a good Mom and trying to protect her son. I didn't say anything bad about her, I think the whole change is probably very overwhelming.

They way Trump slaps Melania on the behind almost every time we see them get on a plane or have that view, says a lot about their marriage. A huge lack of respect, to treat her that way in public.

8. Aime F profile image69
    Aime Fposted 7 years ago

Obviously no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, though I do feel that there's evidence to suggest it's perhaps not the happiest of relationships.

Why is she still sticking around?  Who knows.  Maybe for the kid.  Maybe because it looks bad on Trump if she leaves now and she doesn't want to deal with that fallout.  Maybe because she does love him and their awkward body language/lack of natural chemistry/long distance thing is just due to nerves being in such a high profile spot now.

Whatever the reasons I hope she's okay.  I do feel bad for her, I think the way he treats her and talks about her is not very genuine or loving, and she gets a lot of crap from the media/people who hate her husband and take it out on her.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)