jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Do you feel sorry for Melania Trump?

1. Sadia Mushtaq profile image60
    Sadia Mushtaqposted 14 months ago

Do you feel sorry for Melania Trump?

2. Luke Holm profile image95
    Luke Holmposted 14 months ago

Feel sorrow for no one, for they have chosen what their soul must endure throughout this lifetime.  Each life is a different perspective of a unified consciousness.  In order to grow and expand, this consciousness divides and experiences maya, the veil of space and time.  We must travel through thick and thin, to various degrees, in order to find our purpose and understand the meaning of it all.

3. Dean Traylor profile image94
    Dean Traylorposted 14 months ago

In the immortal words of Super Chicken, "you knew the job was dangerous when you took it." Melania should have known what she was getting involved with the Donald.

1. gregas profile image82
      gregasposted 14 months agoin reply to this

"Super Chicken", good liberal entertainer to quote.

2. Dean Traylor profile image94
      Dean Traylorposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Where did you get "liberal" out of that?

4. Aime F profile image83
    Aime Fposted 14 months ago

I do actually.

I think she looks very uncomfortable most of the time, whether it's because of her new role as First Lady or because of her husband... I don't know.  She's much older now than when she first got together with him, I believe in your 20s it's a bit easier to get caught up in the glamour and the lavishness but I imagine after so long when you realize you're stuck with a dude who speaks about women like they're objects, who can't even wait for you to get out of a car and walk with you as a pair to one of the most important events in his lifetime, who quite clearly has cheated (or tried very hard to cheat) on you... it's probably a bit tiring and you probably grow to resent that.

Anyway, I actually think she presents herself pretty well and I think there's a smart lady inside of her somewhere.  If ever she even thought about high-tailing it out of there, it just became a lot more difficult for her, so I do feel sorry for her if that's where she's at.

If she loves him and is just handling the transition to FLOTUS poorly (which is okay, she didn't ask for it) then there is nothing to feel sorry for and I hope she comes into her own and is happy in her new life.