Live coverage: FBI director testifies to Congress

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (35 posts)
  1. ptosis profile image66
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu … o-congress

18 minutes from now.   For those who are interested.

FBI Director James Comey and National Security Agency head Adm. Michael Rogers on Monday will break their public silence in the House Intelligence Committee's investigation into Russian interference in the U.S. election.

Remember the tweet and remember what DJT said last week;
    "As far as wiretapping, "we said nothing.  All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on television.  I didn’t make an opinion on it.  That was a statement made by a very talented lawyer on Fox.  And so you shouldn’t be talking to me, you should be talking to Fox, okay?"

This guy never take responsibility for anything he does or says.
    https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13454748.jpg

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, maybe now we can get some answers.....

ptosisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I missed the live but have transcript of the first part located here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos … 6a94a9c46d

Some excerpts below (In order)

SCHIFF: Ambassador Kislyac also meets with Trump national campaign chair, National Security Campaign Chair and now attorney general, Jeff Sessions. Sessions would later deny meeting with Russian officials during his Senate confirmation hearing. Just prior to the convention, the Republican Party platform is changed, removing a section that supports the provision of lethal defensive weapons to Ukraine, an action that would be contrary to Russian interests.

Manafort categorically denies involvement by the Trump campaign and altering the platform, but the Republican Party delegate who offered the language in support of providing defensive weapons to Ukraine states it was removed at the insistence of the Trump campaign"

On August 8th, Roger Stone, a long time Trump political advisor and self-proclaimed political dirty trickster, boasts in his speech that he has communicated with Assange and that more documents would be coming, including an October surprise. In the middle of August, he also communicates with the Russian cut out Guccifer 2.0 and authors a Breitbart piece denying Guccifer's links to Russian intelligence.

I have total confidence that WikiLeaks and my hero, Julian Assange will educate the American people soon, he says, #LockHerUp. Payload coming, he predicts and two days later it does.

In December, Michael Flynn has a secret conversation with Ambassador Kislyak, about sanctions imposed by President Obama on Russia over attacking designed to help the Trump campaign. Michael Flynn lies about the secret conversation.

COMEY: With respect to the president's tweets about alleged wiretapping directed at him by the prior administration, I have no information that supports those tweets and we have looked carefully inside the FBI. The Department of Justice has asked me to share with you that the answer is the same for the Department of Justice and all its components. The department has no information that supports those tweets.

SCHIFF: Did you ever request that your counterparts in GCHQ should wiretap Mr. Trump on behalf of President Obama?

ROGERS: No sir, nor would I, that would be expressly against the construct of the Five Eyes agreement that's been in place for decades.

SCHIFF: I would like to ask you whether the Snowden disclosures did damage to our relationship with our German ally and whether the Chancellor herself expressed her concern at the time.

ROGERS: Yes, sir.

SCHIFF: In light of this, is it helpful to our relationship with the Chancellor or our relationship with German intelligence, to bring this up again in a public forum?

ROGERS: It certainly complicates things.

COMEY: Well all I can tell you is what we're investigating which includes whether there was any coordination between people associated with the Trump campaign and the Russians.

HIMES: the people around the president, Michael Flynn, Jeff Sessions, Carter Page, Paul Manafort, have an odd connection to Russia.

SEWELL: I ask these questions because on at least four occasions that I can count, Mr. Flynn, a three-star general and a former intelligence officer, someone with influence over the U.S. policy and someone with knowledge of state secrets and the incoming national security advisor, communicated with and met with the Russian ambassador and failed to disclose it.

SCHIFF: It wasn't simply that the Russians had a negative preference against Secretary Clinton, they also had a positive preference for Donald Trump, isn't that correct?

COMEY: Correct.

SEWELL: Mr. Flynn lied about his communication with the -- with the Russian ambassador.

Secondly, That Mr. Flynn lied about taking money from the Russian government and thirdly, that Mr. Flynn at a minimum did not disclose work as an agent of a foreign -- of a foreign power and that the White House did not help in this concern.

So gentlemen, it's clear to me that Mr. Flynn should be under criminal investigation. And I know you cannot comment but I believe it is my duty as a member of this committee to comment to the American people that this -- that his engagement of lying and failure to disclose really important information and contacts with a foreign ambassador do rise to the level of -- of disclosure and to me, criminal intent.

IMHO seems like TrumpGate to me. a swirling mass of something smelly.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13455884.jpg

2. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

"James Clapper and others stated that there is no evidence POTUS colluded with Russia. This story is FAKE NEWS and everyone knows it!
    The Democrats made up and pushed the Russian story as an excuse for running a terrible campaign. Big advantage in Electoral College and lost!"

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13455920.png

I like memes!  smile

I think you're kidding me yes? You must me joking.
      How can Congressional testimony be 'fake news'? Clapper said "no comment" please refer to link.

jeez, you are kidding,  - my bad, I didn't know you had cut and pasted Trump tweet, (sheepish look)

James Clapper and others stated that there is no evidence Potus colluded with Russia. This story is FAKE NEWS and everyone knows it!
          — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 20, 2017

The Democrats made up and pushed the Russian story as an excuse for running a terrible campaign. Big advantage in Electoral College & lost!
          — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 20, 2017

http://images.memes.com/meme/948529
      https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder316/400x/74539316.jpg

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Its really funny that on Hub--Pages even  R-Rated political discussion is acceptable .  Or is it only acceptable from the left Hub-Pages ?

What is the matter with you people ?

What do you mean by "you people" ?

Reminds me of the "Mars Attacks' Jack Nicholson  Presidential Speech:

If you haven't seen it, it's one of the best scenes  of Jack Nicholson in a very silly movie
          Mars Attacks "Why Can't We All Just Get Along?"
          https://youtu.be/MPMmC0UAnj0

I think you would enjoy it. It'll put a smile on your face and a hearty laugh erupts. smile

2. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well, gee. A filthy poster must mean you have something valid to say. roll

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So your way of refuting Trump's made-up story is to claim other people are making up stories as well, as if that excuses everything. 

That's called changing the subject when you haven't got a leg to stand on.  It's Trump's favourite stance.

1. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Reality check:  Trump is the President of the United States.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13457223.jpg

Fact vs Fantasy!

1. profile image0

++++++++++++++++     How crazy is it that liberals continually hold Conservatives to a higher ethical accountability while totally ignoring the transgressions of their own loser candidate ?

The only thing the Russians MAY have done in regards to our election is reveal to the American public just how corrupt the Democrats are.

"There is no evidence of collusion with Russia. The real issue is the unbelievable amount of classified information that has been illegally leaked, putting our national security at risk – must get to the bottom of it!"  -  President Trump

2. GA Anderson profile image88
            GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

How crazy is it to justify a wrong with previous wrongs?

GA

1. profile image0

G.A,   lets face it , The left woke up in about nineteen sixty six or  having decided to oppose everything traditionally political ,.....for all time .    The moment Trump announced his interest in running America , the left had already compiled an impeachment  schedule .

2. ptosis profile image66

Which make his  constant lying and not taking responsibility  for what he say even that much worse.

President Trump isn't constantly lying...the liberal media and Democrats are constantly lying and spinning what he says, or they are projecting their own crap onto Trump. 

I must agree that Trump is lying about one thing consistently though, but I don't believe you would have a clue as to what that one thing might be.  Even if I told you, you would not be able to grasp and comprehend it because we have all been lied to about that one thing consistently during Obama's two terms, and you probably believed it then every single time.

1. Live to Learn profile image60

Oh please, do share.What is the one thing he has lied about?

3. profile image0
          jonnycomelatelyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Don't you mean "President of the un-unite people of the un-Unite States of America?

No one means that because it isn't true. That's the beauty of being an American.

1. profile image0
              jonnycomelatelyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well - if you say so.

Since I'm an American and you aren't....I would probably be in a better position to judge.

1. profile image0

Its always interesting to see what outsiders have to say about America  and I welcome that , yet I immediately question the motives and perhaps why their own national ,political shortcomings aren't more important to them .

Yes, I agree that it is interesting they don't discuss their national shortcomings. I've noticed when I have brought anything up concerning problems within their borders it appears to irritate the person I am speaking to, to no end.

But we are, and have always been, a leader. We are perceived as a beacon of light in a dark world. I suppose it is frustrating to be a foreigner and see us with our pants down. I'm sure they'd like to see us step up to the plate and bring our government back in line with the ideals we were founded on.

3. Don W profile image82
      Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Let's look at what Clapper actually said:

James Clapper: "We did not include any evidence in our report, and I say our, that's NSA, FBI and CIA with my office as Director of National Intelligence, that had any reflection of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. There was no evidence of that included in our report".

Chuck Todd: "I understand that, but does it exist?"

James Clapper "Not to my knowledge. This could have become available in the time since I left the government, but at the time, we had no evidence of such collusion.(my emphasis)(1)

Clearly he not say "there is no evidence". If there is another interview Trump is referring to where Clapper says that, please provide a link.

(1) http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/v … 0509379597

3. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

I'm not a big advocate of legal action against political players or the wealthy, as individuals. If the powerful become desperate they are a menace to everyone. It is best to let them win or lose their power struggles without threats of death or imprisonment entering the equation.

Having said that, a trial of Flynn could shed some light on the weirdness of the whole Russia/Republican thing.

4. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Today the House Intelligence Committee  Chairman announced that YES    people in the Obama administration  openly  spied on the Trump transition team  AFTER the election  !

Any comments ?

Well good news!   Just read about it on Breitbart.  Devin Nunes dropped a bomb on Obama team's potential crimes in abusing Intel. 

"The result is a vindication of Trump’s controversial claims. Questions remain about whether President Obama himself knew of the surveillance, which other Obama administration officials were involved, and whether Trump was monitored directly."
      http://www.breitbart.com/big-government … veillance/ 

I believed that President Trump wouldn't have tweeted about that unless he could back it up.  He sure is good at getting discussions going and bringing things to light.

1. profile image0

House intelligence committee says it happened ,  actually they are of both parties and torn down the middle ?   We'll see though ,  ...........

Well, Lets impeach Obama !

So far, the President is making good on a lot of his promises.  He must be breaking some historical records there.  I'm waiting for more of the swamp to get drained. Some indictments would be fine.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)