NBC is bringing wonder woman back to prime time live action tv

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

in the latest edition of entertainment weekly, nbc has just picked up the pilot of WB's planned Wonder Woman live action tv show reboot.  Therefore, you can expect a live action tv series of Wonder Woman coming soon.  what are your thoughts on this?

1. ByChanceTV profile image59
      ByChanceTVposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can Linda Carter Still Fit into that suit?

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean Lynda Carter?  I'm sure she can, but the last time I checked, they're looking for someone younger right now.  However, there is speculation that they will give her a part on the show in some capacity; just not as wonder woman again.

2. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Wonder Woman is back on TV cool!  Who are they thinking of casting to play her?  I wish they would update her costume.  It looks so corny.

1. profile image0

they haven't casted her yet, as nbc just barely approved the pilot.  however, im sure they'll announce it soon though.  as for her costume, i don't disagree, as i can't imagine her outfit possibly working in a live action incarnation without it coming off as a bit campy.  however, when i was researching this to update my "superheroes assemble" hubs based on tv and live action future adaptations, it seems they tried to give her a more reasonable costume in the comics.  however, most fans went crazy and got mad over the changes.  they originally wanted replace wonder woman's patented star spangled panties for pants instead, and having her don a black jacket; while keeping the rest relatively the same. however, fans don't seem to like the changes too much though.  therefore, we'll have to wait and see if nbc decides to go with Dc's more plausible look for wonder woman or her classic look again.

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Practically every major superhero got a costume update.  Batman has had several.  Superman had a major one.  They should be able to change Wonder Woman's.  Something like a cool unitard and cute thin belt with thigh high boots.  The picture above is too nerdy, i don't like the jacket and pants.  The ankle boots make her look clunky.  And what happened to her stars and headband?

1. profile image0

As I said before, it's just a rumor right now at this point.  I just know that this is wonder woman's current look in the comics.  however, they have yet to officially announce what she'll actually look like in the tv series though, so there's still a possibility that they could end up going with what you suggested.  however, i know the story should be good, as i heard David Kelley, the writer from "ally mcbeal" and "boston legal, is supposedly penning the script for the tv series.

3. profile image0

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4476237_f248.jpg

this is wonder woman's current costume that many fans are upset about right now, that's highly rumored to be the costume of the new show.

1. profile image52
      NoPANTSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

While Wonder Womans costume could use an update, the pants and jacket have got to go!

It may look more "plausible", but who wants plausible?
      Who wants to see Wonder Woman dressed as a man?
      Its blasphemy.

The real fans HATE the costume change, and those are the fans waiting to watch the show. If they put her in pants the show will never make it past the pilot.

Campy with a 1 piece swimsuit would be better than plausible with a  drab boring outfit that covers every inch of skin. We want to see her legs, not just a halter top under a lame leather jacket.

1. profile image0

lol you know you reminded me of that scene in "that 70's show" where Hyde says to Kelso why they're against him when he tells Jackie to keep her shirt on.  Hyde says, "That's because your telling a chick to keep her clothes on."  lol sorry, you just reminded me of that show for a minute. lol

4. Flightkeeper profile image67

Oh no, not Ally McBeal.  That woman had so much angst even when things were going well she focused on the bad things.  I can't imagine the writers of Ally McBeal writing Wonder Woman.  I think the writers of Nikita would do better.  Way more edgy.

5. profile image0

Well I can't speak for "Ally McBeal" as I never seen an episode of it before.  However, I thought "Boston Legal" was a good series.  Although from looking at David's resume, it doesn't look like he has any experience writing action packed stories, so it'll be interesting to see if he can make the transition or not.  For his sake though, I hope he can because from what I heard, Warner Bros. has a lot riding on this series becoming a hit on tv....

6. Flightkeeper profile image67

I don't think you missed much.  I saw episodes of it in college and I found her annoying.  If Wonder Woman is going to be like Ally, she'll be obsessing over bad guys instead of fighting them.

1. profile image0

Wow, I hope that's not the case then, as that would be kind of weird to see Wonder Woman trying to date her own male enemies rather than trying to beat them up.  that would be just be terrible.  i guess we'll have to wait and see then.

7. Hugh Williamson profile image76
    Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years ago

Maybe Wonder Woman is going to wear a business suit and take Keith Olberman's place? smile

1. profile image0

lol maybe.  wink lol

8. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

They tried that with the bionic woman and it was a huge flop.

1. profile image0

Well it looks like we could have another flop on our hands then if the producers, writers and director of this aren't careful.  Personally, I'd rather see a Wonder Woman movie myself, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm starting to have doubts now that I hear that McG, the director of those god awful "Charlie's Angels" films, is even being considered to direct the series.  Give me a break.  I know there's a lot of better directors out there than him.

9. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I heard Snooki is going to play Wonder Woman

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...who the heck is Snooki anyway?...i guess i could google it....

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You don't know of Snooki?  where have you been?

...i don't know....now i guess i really have to google it.....

...okay....now i know who Snooki is....i'm not up on some things....oh no..i think i'll go back to not knowing who certain folks are now........i like being there...........   smile

10. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...oh gee....i'm so glad to hear she's back.....

11. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

i think they should bring back the 6 million dollar man...

which in today's dollars could buy a hip replacement, a hair weave and enlarged breasts

Now THAT would be a super hero!

1. profile image0

lollol

12. profile image0

anyone else got something say on this?

13. profile image0

hey guys in recent news, it looks like mcg is signed on to direct the tv pilot.

1. profile image0

sorry, i was half awake when i posted this.  it's rumored that mcg is signed on to direct the series, but its not confirmed yet.  sorry about the mistake folks.

14. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

And there remaking Charlie's Angels and having a sequel to Dallas. Are there no original ideas in Hollywood at all?

1. profile image0

lol apparently not. lol  then again, whenever Hollywood does come up with something original, people rarely ever support it though in massive numbers, so i guess we can only blame ourselves.  oh well.  i don't know about you uw, but i'm still going to see the pilot anyways.

15. Megavitamin profile image69
    Megavitaminposted 13 years ago

They've tried to put Wonder Woman back on TV (and in movies, for that matter) for years but it always falls through.  I'm not holding my breath for NBC--the lowest-rated network--to pull it off.  We'll see!

1. profile image0

Well to be honest, i have my doubts about the show as well, but I hope it works out for the best. i just know that DC has already pulled the plug on making anymore direct to dvd movies starring female characters, since the animated film of Wonder Woman didn't do that well.  therefore, if this show bombs, then who knows what will happen to the character.

1. limpet profile image61
        limpetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

With a new Wonder Woman movie due for release mid 2017 it would be a good idea to keep the W.W. hub page current. I've viewed the trailer and it promises to be an exiting tale.

1. limpet profile image61
          limpetposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Have seen the new Wonder Woman costume. WOW!

16. limpet profile image61
    limpetposted 6 years ago

Functional, stylish, bold AND SASSY!

17. limpet profile image61
    limpetposted 6 years ago

Wonders never cease!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)