Switching from Ad Program to Adsense

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. stuff4kids profile image60
    stuff4kidsposted 6 years ago

Hi Folks,

Can anyone make it crystal clear to me, step-by-step, how to switch from the Hubpages Ad Program back to just plain ol' Adsense? I'm showing my aging brain, but I'm not sure what to do, and don't want to mess up.

Many thanks!

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Go to your "My Account" page. Click the "Earnings" tab. It is the second tab from left at the top of the page. Under the HubPages Earnings Program Settings, next to Ad Program, click "configure." Turn off the Ad Program, and you will be on AdSense only.

1. kenneth avery profile image80
        kenneth averyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

@Sherry, did you see the hub that I emailed you about several months ago? I used you as a point of inspiration and to thank you. I did not see your reply--I just hope that for some reason, I did not offend you. If I did, forgive me.
        smile

2. ShailaSheshadri profile image91
        ShailaSheshadriposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sherry, your guidance was helpful for me to deactivate my HP Ad earnings. I didn't touch Google Ad sense column. Right now it says 'configure' and 'active'. Does it mean now my Google Ad sense is active from today? I believe, we can't have both together. If I have to do something more, pl. guide me. Thank you.

2. stuff4kids profile image60
    stuff4kidsposted 6 years ago

AW, thank you so much Sherry! That's exactly what I needed. So helpful. Bless you!  smile

3. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

Kenneth, I commented on your hub a couple of days ago. I enjoyed it very much.

4. NurseFlood profile image88
    NurseFloodposted 6 years ago

Thank you for this!  Have you noticed an increase or decrease in your earnings?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Several people have noticed a major increase.  I've found it works out about the same:  however moving back to Adsense means I get paid in Australian dollars in my bank account, instead of through Paypal, so that works better for me.

1. NurseFlood profile image88
        NurseFloodposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Since it would combine with my regular blog account for Adsense, I would actually hit pay out more frequently.  That is something to think about!

5. KrisMarie29 profile image72
    KrisMarie29posted 6 years ago

What benefit is there in only using Adsense?

Some people find the payout is higher on Adsense alone.  Some people find it's lower. Some people (like me) find it's much the same.  It's impossible to predict.  All you can do is try it for a month and see.

6. ShailaSheshadri profile image91
    ShailaSheshadriposted 6 years ago

Marisa, you always have very good information. Thanks for your help. I have a doubt regarding HP Ad program earnings. I get some amount under HP Ad program.
    Under External Affiliate Settings, status is active. Under Google Ad sense reports, I have no earnings data. Does it show I am not connected to Ad sense? Is it possible to have both?
    If not possible, I want to change to Google Ad sense at least for a month and see what happens to my earnings. Can you pl. guide me how to do that. Thanks.

Read this post for instructions:

http://hubpages.com/community/forum/141 … ost2896977

If you are on the HP Earnings Program, it's possible you haven't earned anything on Adsense yet.

1. ShailaSheshadri profile image91

Marisa, thanks a lot. True, I haven't earned anything from Ad sense yet. Is it mandatory to deactivate HP Earnings before activating Ad sense? Can we have both earnings together?

You cannot deactivate Adsense, it must be active all the time.  You can deactivate HP Ads if you wish.

7. ShailaSheshadri profile image91
    ShailaSheshadriposted 6 years ago

Thank you very much. I have deactivated HP Ads. My earning report says that now I am not earning from Ad program. I should configure it for earning.
    I want to keep my Google Ad sense earnings active for a while.
    My concern is, once I deactivate HP Ads, does the earnings automatically connect  to Google Ad sense? whether we can earn from both at the same time? I should not have deactivated the HP Ads?
    Pl. help me to choose.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Google AdSense HAS to be active for you to earn on the HP Ad Program. So, since you have been earning from HP, that means your AdSense IS active. Since you have deactivated HP Ad Program, all of your earnings will come from AdSense.

AdSense earnings should increase from what they've been, but it may take a little while for you to see results. They may, or may not be more than you were getting from HP. If you want to do this experiment and see how much you can earn from AdSense alone, you will have to be a little bit patient.

If your earnings were low on the HP Ad Program, you are not risking too much by doing this. Some people can't handle seeing low earnings for even a couple of days. Anyway, if you change your mind, just go back to your account and reactivate HP Ad Program.

1. ShailaSheshadri profile image91

Thanks Sherry. Now it's clear to me. Right now I don't want to experiment. Hence, I reactivated my HP Ad program

8. sallybea profile image94
    sallybeaposted 6 years ago

You can change back anytime you like.  Most people earn more from HP Ads.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)