Dream Interpretation

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Sue B. profile image93
    Sue B.posted 12 years ago

First some background, I joined hubpages because I have a passion for dream interpretation and wanted to write hubs about dreams, dream interpretation, and common dream symbols.  I ended up also writing about other typics I know well such as employment and business, psychology, self-help, etc.

I am looking for discussion with others about dreams.  Although it is interesting to discuss dreams with someone who shares my perspective, another very different perspective is even more exciting.

If you are interested in dreams, come and find me!

1. carolp profile image78
      carolpposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Glad to fnd you in Hubpages!! Yes i had ask a question in here about this:
      Have you experienced dreaming the same thing all over again, every night?

>I did have, and this I cannot forget, My dream was...i am in the church entrance door...i want to go to the altar but I can't because I am afraid of the floor covered with snakes from the entrance to the altar...does this mean something?
      So i hope you can interpret this dream. Thanks.

Sue B.posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I already posted ideas but now I am thinking this dream could be about you not feeling worthy or special enough to be permitted by the altar-- literally (I don't know your experiences at church) or it could be a metaphor for another part of your life-- I would think something spiritual or associated with a congregation of people or a hierarchy.

2. Spirit Whisperer profile image73
        Spirit Whispererposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is very difficult to ask someone else to interpret your dream because each person's dream language is different. Each symbol has a unique association for each person. The symbol of the church in your dream has a specific association for you and will be different for each person. I would suggest you question each symbol and see what emerges in your mind as an association for each. Your dreams are quite personal and the messages are for you. Telling your dreams on the internet can be like revealing things about yourself that you may not wish people to know especially people who are experienced in this field.

It is true that sharing a dream may be a way we unknowingly share very personal information with the world but then-- so is writing a hub and sharing an opinion on a forum!

Dreams are personal and contain special information specifically crafted for the dreamer. I personally find it useful to share dreams with others.  It helps me understand the meaning of the dream by bouncing ideas off of others and hearing a few different perspectives before I find the one that resonates.

2. CMCastro profile image71
      CMCastroposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe that true dream interpretation is a spiritual gift. Only God really knows what is tucked inside a subconscious mind, and the period of sleep is the time when your mind makes a choice, to either rest or unload. If you so desire, you can channel your own dream. For example, I ask God to answer a certain question I have by giving the answer in the morning, and sometimes I will dream of the answer to the question I was having in my mind before I fell into rest, or I will have a bizarre dream, and I ask God when I recall it to give me the interpretation. Sometimes my interpretation comes right away, or it can take time. The longest it ever took for a personal dream interpretation was three years. Anyway, I have a gift to interpret dreams so perhaps I will follow your hubs and we can go from there.

I also believe dreams can be very spiritual.  It really is just fascinating because there is so much we don't know but a dream may help us understand one small thing that was just out of reach for us.
        I'm happy to have  encountered someone else also interested in dreams!

3. profile image50
      Paige Tposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interpretation of dreams are really interesting. Dreams are the nothing but your suppressed feeling and desires which you see as dreams. The feeling or incident which is troubling you very much will come out as dream.

4. deblipp profile image61
      deblippposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am a big fan of mixing techniques of dream interpretation. It's like, sometimes you have a Jungian dream, sometimes a Freudian dream, sometimes a true psychic dream, etc.

The great Jungian writer Robert A. Johnson talked about how cars and machines in dreams mean artifice -- the things in life we're faking.

This fascinated me. For years & years, I had a recurring dream that my car had no breaks but I couldn't get it fixed. A mechanic would tell me it was fine but then I'd be driving and couldn't stop and it would be terrifying. It got to the point where I was afraid to go to sleep.

This wasn't a recurring dream, per se, it was a recurring event that would happen during any and every dream.

Then when I read Johnson, I realized I stopped having the dream when I got divorced. The "artifice" was the idea that I was happily married and there was nothing wrong with my marriage.

I loved my ex but we were not a perfect match!

Wow! That is interesting. I have never interpretted machines that way. That definitely adds a layer to interpretation. Perhaps you will inspire a hub about the meaning of machines in dreams!
        To me, modes of transportation but mostly cars related to the path we are taking in life and the level of control we felt we had over ourlives.  I probably would have interpretted your dream as if you felt your marriage was a path you cannot stop- as if it was too late to make a choice.  That is so interesting how it was the concept of artifice that grabbed you.  Thanks for sharing!

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Dream interpretation: The subconscious mind attempting to sort out and understand past experiences.

Thanks for posting!!! I am so excited to start a discussion about dreams!
      I do think the majority of our dreams are our subconscioius mind attempting to sort out and understand our past (far past and recent past) experiences.
      The subconscious is so interesting though- how do we really know what it is and what ours consists of since it could not be subconscious if we were completely conscious of it.  I suppose it's one of those words that creates paradoxes-- if you know the subconscious or unconscious, it is now conscious.  How frustrating, we continue to work things out, discover things that were always within us only to find out there is a whole new bag of mysterious items we don't know about yet that need exploring.

3. paradigmsearch profile image60

Anybody out there have any interesting dreams to share? smile

1. profile image53
      Eighty8-posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I dont know, I been having these dreams that makes me wake up from my sleeps, Its been goin on for 2 days and has happen 4 times in the past 2 days. i wake up with my body all sweating. My dreams are never the same but it always have the same person. Got any answers?

2. profile image53
      Eighty8-posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I dont know, I been having these dreams that makes me wake up from my sleeps, Its been goin on for 2 days and has happen 4 times in the past 2 days. i wake up with my body all sweating. My dreams are never the same but it always have the same person. Got any answers?

I would have almost asked you how our sleeping habits were, diet, etc. except you clued us in that these dreams are about the same person.  What exactly are these dreams about?
        If you think your sleeplessness and your awakening from sleep in a sweat is related to these dreams, I think it is important you explore them and attempt to understand them.  You seem to really be having a strong reaction.  You may be reacting to this person but you may also be reacting to what this person represents for you.  This sounds like you may be dealing with a core emotion.  I would say, try to painfully face what your dream is showing you and attempt to resolve the issues presented.  There is no face way to do this but if you chip away at it slowly, you will make progress.

4. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

I dream every night with a dream every time I wake up. I don't try to interpret them.
    I tend to view them as a problem solving technique. I review my current intellectual problems, and if something new, will come into my consciousness.

5. knolyourself profile image61

"Anybody out there have any interesting dreams to share?" OK. Recurring dream haven't had for quite awhile now though.
    Lost in the city, have to back home. Lost in the maze streets, houses, buildings even going thru strange apartments but can't find the way. Got an interpretation?

Wow! Didn't realize you replied.  This is great!!!
      This dream about being lost in a city especially if reoccurring probably symbolizes a state of mind and situation you find yourself in ongoing.  I have similar dreams about trying to get somewhere and seeing towns, cities, houses, buildings, etc.
      To me, I see the dream as reflecting how I think I am doing and what I am feeling as I attempt to get to where I am going- achieving a goal, being satisfied with my life, etc.
      The actual structures I see as symbolizing both my current environment (what is around me day to day, etc.) and also the structures I have within me from a psychological or spiritual standpoint.
      Houses tend to symbolize me, the rooms each reflecting my current thoughts, feelings and development of a specific part of who I am.
      Other structures like buildings, etc. I see as symbols associated with consciousness (the basement is the unconscious or subconscious) and I typically dream of buildings when I feel as though gaining insight into myself or a situation is getting more complicated.
      Not being able to find my way means literally I feel lost.  Feeling as though these structures are strange or foreign mean to me that I feel unfamiliar with a part of myself, that I am either not in touch with parts of who I am or I am growing into something new and different and I need to get to know it.

1. Laura LaRue profile image57
        Laura LaRueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am brand new here, however I also have had some major different re-occurring dreams. They scare the living day lights out of me for very good reasons. When I was 10 years old I had a  nightmarish re-occurring dream about walking down the sidewalk near a little store , I looked both ways to cross and no traffic. Then all of a sudden when I was mid way of crossing the street I fell in the middle of the street and had blood all over me with two semi's coming barreling full speed down the road unable to stop. For some reason I was frozen solid and could not move out of the way to save my life.  Then I would awaken feeling like it had all really just taken place. I would be sweating profusely with my heart racing so fast I would swear it was going to stop beating .  I had that dream several times over and over again and was totally terrified by it.
             Lo and behold , about 6 months after having it repeatedly, Back when soda bottles had a $.05 refund at almost all local stores, I  was walking across a street to meet some friends at the store carrying a bunch of glass soda bottles in my arms.  When all of a sudden my flip flops front half scraped the pavement, which in turn grabbed the bottom of my jeans and sent me sailing downward into the middle of the road. I was covered in blood and broken glass from landing on the broken bottles. I heard some really loud horns and immediately I looked up to see a semi coming from both direction barreling down the road honking for me to get up out of the way. Just like in my dream I was frozen solid and almost could not move. I got really angry and scared all at once, since I had  priorly seen it all happen . I heard my friends on the other side SCREAMING " NOOOOOOO!!!!" Then I  SCREAMED OUT " GOD NOOOOOOOO!!!" and just rolled over into one of the lanes while the truck went barreling over me . My friends and one of the truck drivers screaching his breaks all the way down the road afterwards were mortified till they saw I was still alive.  Crazily enough the other driver just continued on down the road like nothing ever happened and never even bothered to even try to stop . I positively can not stand having reoccurring dreams.  I have had a few others that have come true too. To me they are really kinda spooky because it is always the bad ones that come true.

6. knolyourself profile image61

"I am afraid of the floor covered with snakes from the entrance to the altar" Sounds like something to do with getting married, and the snakes represent male genitalia.

1. carolp profile image78
      carolpposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, but i was not getting married at that time, no plans either.

2. Sue B. profile image93

If I dreamt of a floor covered with snakes from the entrance to the altar I think that dream would be associated with the  mystery, fear of the unknown I may associate with spirituality and the depths of who I am that I have not uncovered yet (subconscious).  Snakes can mean a lot.  I did write a hub about it since it is fascinating that every culture has a different interpretation of snakes as a symbol yet they seem like a very strong symbol across all cultures which is fascinating.
      The snakes could also represent obstacles in between you and an altar which I would still associate with spirituality.

7. paradigmsearch profile image60

@OP

Alright, Sue. Get busy. smile

8. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 12 years ago

I have this one Allot.Walking down a narrow cement path,nothing else visible.Low iron railing with one strand of ivy riding along it to my right.Come to a spur pathway.Start running down it.Flying jump into a Huge cement mixer.Just as my head enters it...I wake up in a cold sweat...What a sh#t dream, had it since I was a kid.No joke.

Wow, dreams that make you sweat and are reoccurring have the most meaning to the dreamer.  This one is interesting. I would love to know what meaning you feel it has for you.
      Here are my thoughts:
      I actually do somewhat agree with knolyourself- there is a bit of a birth symbol in the dream but I'll get to that later.
      This sounds like a dream about how you approach life.  Walking down a cement path sounds like a rigid, inflexible, narrow path you feel you need to take.  The ivy to your right could represent what you consider the "right" way, the ivy could represent life within a harsh metal/concrete urban setting and gives you that feel of beating the odds, or it could represent what you cling to since ivy tends to cling to walls.
      Running could represent your tendency to rush, avoid something or not remain fully conscious of your surroundings.  The jump into the huge cement mixer seems to be the most important symbol in the dream.  The cement mixer to me seems like a place of potential- churning around thoughts, plans and ideas with the possibility of creating something. I would think your associations of what could be created with cement are negative.  The iron and cement within the dream appear to be void of life and restricting for you.  I could throw out a generic "fear of commitment" to explain the cement mixer and your reaction but I think it is more than that.  It sounds as though you have a fear of being swallowed up in something- perhaps part of that is being swallowed up in commitment-- but I think it could also mean conforming to what is around you, either presently or what you were raised with as a child.  The dream almost hints at a resistance to conform but such a strong resistance that it actually has the opposite effect (ironically).  Your over reaction to avoid something has the potential of landing you right in it.
      What do you think?

9. knolyourself profile image61

"Flying jump into a Huge cement mixer." Would seem to me a birth dream. Don't usually do this stuff, but since no one else, what the heck.

10. knolyourself profile image61

"The snakes could also represent"
    Agree anything can be anything. Was just throwing out an idea. Thanks.

11. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

I used to have the same dream over and over as a kid, but I finally grew out of it.

I only remember being at school and someone chasing me wearing all black and a theater mask one of those happy, sad masks then cornering me in the locker room then just before he grabs me I wake up. That went on for years but I finally outgrew it.

Thanks for writing, Diane
      I feel like your dream pretty much summed up high school!
      I associate black with the unknown, mystery, danger, darkness, negative emotions, etc.  The happy and sad mask is interesting.  Perhaps when you had this dream you were working on developing your social self and were not sure how to "act" or what face to show the world.  I think most people work this type of thing out during high school since we are normally only beginning to filter what we say and do, we need to resolve the feeling of being two-faced and the need to be geniune without being socially astrocized.

1. Diane Inside profile image72
        Diane Insideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thanks for your reply on this it as always been on my mind at one time or another and your interpretation makes alot of sense.  Thanks it kind of helps putting a little bit sense to this since have always wondered why it was recurring .

12. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

Well lets see now....
    I have many dreams that I've gone back to Jr. High just to retake some things in hopes it will help me gain knowledge. I pick 4 classes, then realize I cannot handle going to all of them. I only finish one class, forget the others, then can never remember where my locker is.

I never can find a clean restroom, they are all full of foulness with no suitable toilets. I'm like having to pee really bad....looking everywhere for a restroom. All toilets either overflowed or full of $#@^&*. 

Then I can't find my car. So it's after dark and I'm still looking.

How's that for weirdness?

donotfear, I unfortunately have had similar dreams- poor us!

For me, those types of dreams were reflecting feelings overwhelm and anxiety.  For me, that type of dream also meant that I take on too much, I have a fear of failure, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to do everything I should.
      The restroom dream is so common.  How gross! The part of the dream is reflecting your need for release (I would assume emotions) and not having an outlet.  I would say the feelings contributing to your dream are not being expressed- perhaps because you don't have time or you haven't found the right person to speak with or the right activity to release them to.
      Not being able to find your car in the dark could mean you feel unclear in general, you are in dark about something, and you are unable to get where you need to go because you don't have the tools to get you there-- that could be just because you are running out of steam after all of this stress within the dream prior.  I find cars to be very symbolic in dreams I suppose because we rely on them so much and most people own one.  Cars to me usually symbolize how much control we feel we have over our lives and show us how we are traveling within our own personal journey.  Not being able to find the car at all could show anxiety, fears of not being able to do things, and not having control over situations.
      That dream in general gives me a feeling of being stuck and not knowing where to start.

13. Sue B. profile image93
    Sue B.posted 12 years ago

I am hoping more people add to this thread! I am happy to meet you guys. Let's keep the dreams rolling!

14. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

I also remember dreaming once that I was carrying a baby in a pumpkin seat into the house and set it down on the porch to unlock the door. I then proceeded to go inside and do general cleaning stuff around the house, laundry, make the bed etc.

I then realized that I had left the baby outside on the porch, and it was cold and snowing.

I was of course mortified and went to get him and hoping and praying he was still there and alright. As I reached the pumpkin seat to see him I woke up.

I don't have children and have never had any so I don't know whos baby it was. That dream always has bothered me.

Wow! sounds like it was vivid.

My guess would be that the baby represents your inner child, your inner potential, something important to you that you are nurturing but have not always had enough time to fully develop.  This could be a dream, a goal, a craft, something spiritual, etc.
      I would think you feel as though you get caught up with things you need to do and get bogged down with day to day responsibilities that you do not have time or forget to really think about this important part.
      Leaving the baby out in the cold is forgetting about this important part of your life or potential to your life that needs your attention.  It's put on hold or frozen.  You worry that by not attending to this important aspect you are losing the opportunity.

Of course this could be about your biological clock ticking and your opportunity to have children but I have a feeling it goes a bit deeper into important dreams you have that you have not pursued and have put off.

15. Jonathan Janco profile image59
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

I don't have recurring dreams anymore. But I seem to always have dreams with recurring patterns. The strange city dream interpretaion was helpful bcos I seem to dream a lot where I'm walking through a city I know I havent been to but has familiar aspects I recognize from the different cities I've lived in. Once in a dream I was walking in a busy city with the architecture of Providence, the rough terrain of Scranton and the confusing road patterns of Stamford. I also occasionally have dreams about being in what I am certain is my hometown of Fairfield, CT, except there are no cars, no paved roads and all the buildings are skeletal in design (note: Fairfield was burned to the ground twice by the British during the American Revolution). I also have dreams of Fairfield where everything is filthy and overdeveloped. That must be well into the future.

16. Jonathan Janco profile image59

Then there was another dream I had a few years ago. Still cant make heads or tails of it.
    I'm in my grandmother's house where I currently live. Nothing strange about the house. I know where I am and everything in it is similar or the same as is in reality. I go down to the basement and get halfway down the stairs before I realize there is a white rabbit sitting still and calmly on one the shelves down there. Before I could do anything else a female voice called out to me from the driveway.
    "Jon! Come quick!"
    I go out to the driveway. The woman who is there is one whom I've never dated, was never really friends with and never seriously pursued or got to know. In real life, she's never even been to my house. She is speechless, and when she sees me she just looks at me and points.
    Directly across the street from my house is Southport Swamp, where the Pequot Indians were massacred. It is an overgrown swamp area where no one really goes except for curious young kids trying to recreate the leech scene in Stand By Me.
    Anyway, in this overgrown area stands a MFing GIGANTIC white rabbit. I mean literally the size of an elephant. I was so scared I said I was going to get spear and kill it right before I woke up.
    Any thoughts on that one???

That was... AWESOME.

Your dream first reminded me of Alice in Wonderland. I think a lot of the interpretations of that story could apply to your dream.  In a sense, your dream sounds like it is your personal trip down the rabbit hole- what will you find?
      Your grandmother's house sounds like it is representing you.  The basement, is your subconscious and you were exploring deep down into yourself.  The white rabbit could symbolize a numbe of things- spirituality, mystery, the curiosity within yourself pulling you to continue your self-exploration.  Rabbits in general tend to symbolize rebirth (think of all the Easter symbols- eggs, etc.).  You can figure out what this tends to symbolize for you.  For me, it sounded very much like Alice in Wonderland.
      The rabbit in the shelf is interesting. This is something you have put on the shelf to deal with later.  It's been there all along but you haven't done anything with it and may have even forgotten about it.
      The woman you hardly know sounds like an anima (you may want to look up Carl Jung's theory of anima).  Basically, everyone is androgenous within.  Since we are male or female, we tend to assign our opposite sex type traits to an outside character within our dreams.  Yet- this person is actually us.  They are representing what is within us that we don't quite own.  Within our personal development, we begin to reintegrate back these aspects.  In your dream, your anima is a woman you do not know very well and she is unfamiliar.  This shows you where you are in terms of getting to know this side of yourself.  Right now she is present but very much unknown to you.  This likely relates to your dream of attempting to explore parts of yourself that are not quite conscious for you.
      There's an aspect of fear for you for what you will find.
      As you begin to explore, a part of you is alerting you to your fear.  The swamp is also a typical symbol of the unconscious/subconscious (its murky, unclear, we can't see what is in it).  What you are seeking is exaggerated and appears to be a gigantic scary version of its actual self. I would think your thoughts and feelings are distorting your perception.  Once we discover something for ourselves and face fears, it  often appears to be very plain, nonthreatening and small to us.

17. Jonathan Janco profile image59

Thank you Sue B. That was extremely helpful!

This was a very fun thread! I hope more people post.  I would love to give dream feedback to anyone who wants it.  Feel free to write me or respond to my free dream interpretation hub if you want it to be more public.

Happy dreaming!

18. profile image0
    Marie Brannonposted 12 years ago

Okay, I'll play.  A scenario that often works its way into whatever dream I'm having is...
    I'm shopping, or working, or otherwise out in public, and I realize I'm naked.  This doesn't bother me a bit, I just "notice" and go on about my business.  Seems like nobody else notices either.

Then, sometimes this scene morphs into another one, where I'm trying to find a bathroom/locker room or some place where I might find some clothes.  No hurry or stress or embarrassment, I'm just wanting clothes.  usually wake up before I find any.

Sometimes, instead of being naked, I'm actually sitting on a toilet somewhere in public, dressed normally but with my panties down and doing my business.  I'm not concerned about the fact that there are no stalls, doors, curtains, etc... just a toilet up against a wall. 

Marie

Thanks for playing!
      Dreams of being naked usually relate to vulnerability.  Toilets usually relate to how we "release" emotions, residual thoughts, etc. from the day.
      I think it's interesting these dreams do not evoke emotions.  Most people are panicked by discovering they are nude or cannot find a private toilet.  This is definitely significant to the meaning of your dream.
      I would say your dream sounds like you may not always have enough room to focus on you and you probably spend a lot of time doing things for others.  You seem to function within this though so you probably have been like this for quite awhile- maybe since you had kids?
      it sounds like these dreams show you have not had a lot of time devouted f.or yourself for some time and have adjusted to this and have become accustomed to this yet there is still a need for you to make sure you are taking are of yourself (the clothing is security, making you less vulnerable to the elements) and the need for you to release.
      Are you comfortable expressing  yourself to others and in public? It sounds that way.  Interesting dreams. Thanks for sharing.

1. profile image0
        Marie Brannonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Sue.  You pegged me.  For the past few years I have been a full-time caregiver for my elderly husband, who spent the last nine months of his life on home hospice.  He passed away in February of this year, peacefully in his own bed with me at his side "helping" him cross over. 

So, yes!  I've been functioning within this situation for quite a while.  After he passed away, it was several weeks before I was able to drive into a parking lot, for example, and realize I didn't have to look for the ramp and/or the handicapped parking spot.  Not to mention the walker, the oxygen tanks or the availability of a chair just inside the door.

I'm truly impressed with your interpretation of my dream.  Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback, Marie.

I was going to add but then didn't know what element of the dream was hinting to it but now that you responded it definitely sounds like its the chase that your dream also sounded like it was expressing a routine way of not focusing on your own needs despite the need no longer being present.
          I assumed your kids were grown but you were in a routine of not focusing on you because it was necessary and now-- just a habit.  It makes sense then that it relates to your caregiving for your husband.
          It sounds like you have been through a lot and are adjusting to so much.  I find when I am going through such dramatic changes in my life, my dreams are very meaningful and a little weird!
          I hope you begin to unwind a bit and re-evaluate what you need from your life within this new phase.  I wish you luck and happiness on the way!

19. Ipeoney profile image68
    Ipeoneyposted 12 years ago

This the clue -- If you dream of anything that is so clear to you even after you wake up, it is a warning to you or some kind of energy giving you a premonition of a similar thing about to happen. It may not be exactly the same but maybe a little bit similar situation.

I thought I read from somewhere that if it is a good thing or a good dream you may keep it to your self and don't need to tell to somebody. But if it is a bad dream you have to relate it to someone to counter-effect the bad dream, or tell it to someone to deactivate the bad dream so it will not happen, something like that. I can't remember now where I read this. Just sharing.

20. profile image49
    pleasure11posted 12 years ago

I have a dream every night.The dream is like that-Somebody is cutting my hands and legs with a knife.I am feeling each and every incisions and I am crying ,shouting for help.But I can't,because my voice is choked .I couldn't find the person for some days.I tried,tried very hard to see the face.But when I finally succeeded ,you know what?It was none but me !!!!!!!!! I was cutting myself !!!!

What does it mean?Please help me?

hi pleasure11
      wow! classic dream! I think it's awesome you faced the person and found the person is you.  This means what you are struggling with is self-imposed which is rather typical. We can be our own worst enemy but realizing this is half the battle.
      I would say your dream is presenting your self-sabotage-- something you were doing (or deciding not to do) has been cutting you off resulting in you not being able to do anything or get anywhere.  Its rather literal.  I think its a dream of the need to care for yourself better (emotionally, mentally, physically). You  need to hold yourself in higher regard, improve self-esteem, realize you are worthy of love.

21. NekoPazzta profile image60
    NekoPazztaposted 6 years ago

Hi! I don't know if you still read this thread but I need help with a dream interpretation. Usually, VERY weird and cringy stuff happens when I dream. This dream was one that I had a long while ago but it's been bugging me since. So what happened was: "I was at a water park with my family. We were having fun in the pool and the atmosphere was quite pleasant. A woman who appeared to be in her early thirties came up to me and we chatted for a while. I don't know what the conversation was about though, I couldn't make it out. It was like listening to someone talk through a pillow. Then suddenly, a gigantic wave came and swallowed me in the water. My parents tried to pull me out but I was out of reach. I lost conciousness and I remember just lying in a plain white sea of light. Then after a while, I was at like, a gathering of some sort. My friends, family members and even old friends whom I thought I'd never see again were there. Everyone had grim faces. Something felt off about the gathering. My mother was sobbing hysterically while my uncle and aunt tried to calm her down. My dad was sitting in a chair with his face buried in his hands. He was obviously crying. There was a coffin. Then there was my body. My dead body in it. I realized that when the wave swallowed me, I must have drowned and died. I realized I was a ghost. 'What the hell?' I thought at that time. To see everyone crying over me made me very sad as well. I tried to talk to them, to tell them that I was right here....but they couldn't hear me or even see me. Then all the memories of my life started playing. There were so many things left undone, so many words left unsaid... I even remembered the times I argued with my parents and wished I hadn't at that time. I remembered the times I had thought of killing myself or running away from home... I realized how really precious life was and regretted not making the most of it when I had the chance. If only I could turn back time... The emotions surging through me at this point felt too real. I can still remember them... Then everything around me started to blur and fade away. The voices of my loved ones, the scenario...it was all gone till there was only nothingness left. I almost felt devoid of emotions. Then a bright shining light filled the nothingness. I heard a deep male voice telling me: "I am God..." And he said a lot of other stuff but again, like the conersation with the woman at the pool, it was pretty much like listening to someone talk through a pillow and didn't make much sense. But for some reason, for a moment I felt I understood and that there were no words needed for us to understand each other. He said that he'll console and comfort others in my absence. And that he'll tell the others I am no longer in the lower realm. I don't know what he meant by that. Then the scene changed to my school. I saw everything through a theatre-like experience. 'God' came in the form of my dad and spoke to my school's principal. They had sad faces during the whole conversation. Again, I couldn't make out what they were saying but I did catch a few lines...
    "Yes, it is indeed quite unfortunate..."
    "I'm so sorry to hear that."
    And that's all I heard. Then the scenario faded away as a bright white light took its place. I didn't know what to do and automatically just started walking. I don't know where to. Then the atmosphere became foggy and cold. I realized I was dripping wet and barefoot. The floor or whatever I was standing on, was really cold and I wished I had shoes on. I was confused and felt lonely. 'What do I do now? Where do I go? How will I continue?' Those thoughts kept coming to my head as I walked on and fear kept growing in my heart." Then I snapped back to reality amd woke up in time for school. I remember though, that I was half-concious throughout this whole dream. I was awake, yet dreaming. I know because I kept looking around in my own room and I could hear my mother cooking breakfast in the kitchen. I remember getting a sniff of the pancakes my mom was cooking.
    This last bit might not be relevant though, haha. Anyhow, that's as specific as I can recall and sorry for my bad english.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)