Can't Edit Text Capsule

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (20 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12485373.jpg
    I can't edit nor change text capsules.   Each time I try to edit text capsules,  the text freezes.  The cursor for text doesn't work.  Please change to the previous hubtool writing capsules where things worked.  This new hubtool capsule is beyond ridiculous.   If this hubtool writing capsule is retained, less people will write for HubPages.  Please revert back to the previous writing capsule where things were much easier & WORKABLE, THANK YOU!

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Have you tried emptying your browser cache or using a different browser? If you have the Grammarly add-on activated that can also cause problems.

gmwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes I have but I still can't edit my text capsule.  Tried using Google, nothing works.  Had to delete 3 draft articles because I can't edit text capsules.  Tried to clear browser & restarted several times but to no avail! Now, I can't even delete drafts- THIS IS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS, revert back to the OLD HUBTOOL WRITING MODULE!

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
          Glenn Stokposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There is nothing wrong with the hubtool. There MUST be something on your end that’s causing the problem. If it’s not Grammarly (which is known to cause problems) then it could be anything else. I would suggest you disable all add-on modules you may have installed on your browser and try again. Then when you get it working, add things back one at a time until you find the problem.

Thank you!

2. weezyschannel profile image87
      weezyschannelposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm having exact same problem! Or the edit pencil is red I can't do anything except write the title of the text box but I can't write where the source is from or any comments I can't do anything

3. Nancy Owens profile image80
      Nancy Owensposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Two things could be contributing to the problem. (One) In regard to older articles that can't be edited, check to see if you have the boxes of both photos and text in a right justified position. If so, make your pictures full size instead of the right justification position. Then check your text boxes for the same thing. Once you have everything full width, try editing again and see if it works.

(Two) If you have add on's, it will take your screens longer to load. If you have problems with your browser, you will most likely experience a delay in your page being "ready" to execute your commands. Instead of continuing to click and give even more commands, try waiting a few minutes. If it works after waiting a while, then it is probably your browser that is not functioning well.

Thank you all, my text capsule problem has been solved.  I now CAN EDIT TEX CAPSULES.  However, there are others who STILL have that problem.

How did you solve it?  Was it what I said about the right floating capsules interfering?

No, I cleared my browser and restarted my computer, PROBLEM SOLVED.

Good you found the problem.

2. Athlyn Green profile image83
    Athlyn Greenposted 6 years ago

I'm finding that the text capsule on older articles doesn't allow me to make edits and it only partially shows. Very frustrating.

3. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 6 years ago

I had the same exact problems, apparently several of us have. It can't be that all of us have browser issues. See this forum thread:
    https://hubpages.com/community/forum/14 … -a-new-hub

Because new forums are still popping up about this issue, it probably needs to be addressed by technical staff. It is indeed very frustrating. Just yesterday I could not edit caption text in a photo capsule. But I was able to do some editing in text capsules a few days ago. This is clearly a glitch that comes and goes. hmm

My prior post still applies to everyone who still says they have problems... Did you disable all add-on modules you may have installed on your browser?

1. weezyschannel profile image87

Glen: I have disabled all add-ons and I have tried four different browsers and I still cannot edit... I'm glad you are not having the problem, but evidently a lot of us are.

2. gmwilliams profile image84

It does come and go.  What I do is RESTART my computer and the problem is SOLVED.

I have cleared my cache, cookies, all site data, I have restarted my computer, I have used four different browsers and I still cannot edit my capsules... I'm at a loss

Not to mention the fact that I have even used two different computers I used my laptop and a desktop and it still does not work

I looked at your hub that you edited two days ago. Not sure if that’s the one you are having trouble with, but if it is, I wonder if there is some conflict developing with the fact that you still have image capsules in the right column. It’s just a guess, but I’m trying to help rule out all other possibilities.

Try centering those right floating capsules and then see if you can edit the text capsules.

We’re getting just days away from the deadline when HubPages will no longer allow right floating capsules. So I’m wondering if some code has already been put in that might be interfering when anything is remaining right-floating. 

So go ahead and try what I said. No more floating right capsules. You’ll need to do it on all your hubs anyway by the end of the month, otherwise it will be done automatically. But then your text may not relate properly to the positioning if you don’t check it yourself. So do it now. It may just solve your problem. It’s worth a shot.

Ok thanks. I will try this and let you know... I hope if they are not making right hand photo and text boxes available any longer, that they will make the pictures size to fit properly in the page because some pictures are larger than others

4. snakeslane profile image80
    snakeslaneposted 6 years ago

I just had same problem a moment ago, trying to edit my comment on a story I was reading.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)