Is Bubblews being resurrected?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (24 posts)
  1. RonElFran profile image95
    RonElFranposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13761912_f520.jpg
    For all of you who were heartbroken when Bubblews died, there may be hope... or is the word fear?

1. Dean Traylor profile image93
      Dean Traylorposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh Boy, does this mean we'll be getting people writing: "I like your post. Follow me (in broken English), if we dare rejoin this site?

1. Dean Traylor profile image93
        Dean Traylorposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Come think about it, they owe me a whopping $.90. Gee, think of the soda I could've purchased from my worksite's vending machine with that grand total.

1. peachpurple profile image83
          peachpurpleposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Bubblews owed me USD$400, I could use this money on Black friday shopping

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
            FatFreddysCatposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Don't get your hopes up for any kind of resurrection.

For giggles I visited bubblews.com just now and all I got was a plain white screen that sez "403 Forbidden."

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

Stop it! Stop it!! Stop it!!!
    STOP IIIIIIIIIIIT!!!
    https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13761917_f1024.jpg

(bonus style points to anyone who gets this reference.)

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Nobody, huh?? Geez, tough room.

I thought it would be a gimme, considering what day it is today. (shrugs)

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Not going there just yet. Absolutely anything could be there, if you know what I mean.

Owner unknown, https://www.whois.com/whois/bubblews.com

Registrar and server farm may have questionable reputations? Do search for: 2635 walnut street denver colorado

It all seems just a little off and a little odd.

1. Gloriousconfusion profile image91
      Gloriousconfusionposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for the warning - I would think of going back, but it hardly seems worth it

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

'
      An Update.

I see that others have basically repeatedly repeated what I have said and implied.

I also see that others are getting tired of a certain person.

That person needs to be the kinder, gentler person I knew years ago.

I realize there are two potential suspects here, but I am only speaking to one. As to the other, you know I am not referring to you. big_smile

4. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 6 years ago

No way! I won´t join again!

5. Coffeequeeen profile image83
    Coffeequeeenposted 6 years ago

I wasn't a member of Bubblews for too long before it closed down.  I got a couple of payouts from it though.  Will have to see what it's like if and when it returns.

1. profile image60
      Mills Pposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I might visit and see if the old pieces reappear, but I hope and suspect the old Bubblews leadership isn't as brazen as that.

6. Solaras profile image93
    Solarasposted 6 years ago

LOL via the links to old threads that showed up for me below, I took a fond trip down memory lane, the Arvind apologizes thread.  Reading back on what people were posting on B back then gave me a good chuckle.
    https://hubpages.com/community/forum/12 … apologises

7. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Before everyone gets too excited - all this means is that someone has bought the Bubblews.com domain name and is going to create a site using that name.

8. Missing Link profile image69
    Missing Linkposted 6 years ago

I would not go there again.  Last time, they shut down with no warning and if I had not made copies of my content I would have lost everything.   I recall when they shut down  I tried to contact them to ask about my content and they did not respond.  They just didn't seem to care about all the members-participants.  They didn't care about me.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't know why you imagined they ever cared, Missing Link.   Many of us warned, right at the start, the Bubblews was bound to fail.  Its business model was fatally flawed.  They were paying out money the site wasn't earning, in a (doomed) attempt to build the site's reputation.  It was never going to work and anyone with half an idea how the internet works knew that.

1. Missing Link profile image69
        Missing Linkposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, yes--you know everything about everything---don't you think I've seen this kind of personality profile before?  I wish you would quit hounding me with your I know everything about everything all of the time presentation.  Some stuff you conveyed to me recently, as but one of many examples, was just dead wrong.

9. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

I suspect this just relates to the url passing out of Bubblews's ownership to some holding company.

10. Chriswillman90 profile image91
    Chriswillman90posted 6 years ago

That site was criminal, I hated it with a passion and for everything they did. Those people should be in jail for cheating all those members!

11. profile image60
    Mills Pposted 6 years ago

It doesn't matter to me whether Arvind Dixit is reviving Bubblews or not. One stint on that site was enough for me. I liked the members who wanted to make the effort to write and comment, but I can do without those who were there for the payouts. As I have stated in pieces about the old Bubblews here, I hope they can never profit from the works that were there when Arvind pulled the plug. Had I the opportunity to do things over again, I would have gone from Epinions directly to this site.

12. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image95
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 6 years ago

I have this hinky feeling that Bubblews is either a super hipstery bar or a fad toy now...

13. Paul Kuehn profile image94
    Paul Kuehnposted 6 years ago

Bubblews will have to first give me the $300 they owe me before I ever join again.

14. john000 profile image92
    john000posted 6 years ago

Amen

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)