i have a blog from there i am copying content and pasting here

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. snehamadhuri profile image58
    snehamadhuriposted 14 years ago

i have a blog from there i am copying content and pasting here , then in my account tab it is showing that it is a duplicate hub so is there any problem exists because of this duplicate hubs

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, there is a problem!  No one will stop you copying your blog posts here if that's what you want to do, but you won't make very much money.  Search engines don't like duplicated content and will ignore it.  If people can't find your Hubs by using a search engine, you won't get any visitors and you won't make any money.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Avoid doing that as duplicate content won't earn you anything but pennies.
      It obviously is a duplicate to your blog posts which is disallowed.

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not disallowed, it's just going to hurt you in terms of score.  HubPages will let you do whatever you want with your writing, but they favor fresh, original and good content.

If you post duplicate content here, your HubScores will be penalized.

3. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! considering the poor command of english shown by your question, compared to the language used in your hubs (except for the titles, which you wrote...badly)

Im pretty sure  "there" is not your own blog therefore "here" you do not belong.

Yes, Google duplicate content penalties are a myth, as should be obvious by the popular and high SERPs of many aggregator sites that use nothing but pre-existing content...But it is a great myth that should continue to proliferate.

2. anujagarwal profile image57
    anujagarwalposted 14 years ago

If you really want to put the content on the same topic, better you rewrite your article and modify your content so it wont appear as a duplicate.

3. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Hi Guys,

Google DOES NOT penalise duplicate content of the type you mention.

It's one of the big, hairy internet myths that everyone repeats because everyone else repeats it.

Here's what Google themselves say.
    http://www.google.com/support/webmaster … swer=66359

cheers, Eric G.

1. dingdong profile image57
      dingdongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's really good, useful information. Thanks for sharing!

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Having read this, Eric, I don't think it dispels the myth at all.

If I'm reading it correctly, what it says is that, faced with two or more identical web pages, Google will choose ONE version and ignore the rest.  Which, effectively, means that all the "rest" are penalized because they won't make it on to the search results.

The link is all about how to tell Google which version to pick, if you have duplicate content on different pages on your own site.

Interestingly, they don't say HOW they decide which version to feature. On the other hand, they also say that if someone scrapes your content on another site, it's unlikely to hurt your original site - which suggests they do give some kind of preference based on which one was there first.

Let me know if I've misunderstood.

3. Don Simkovich profile image60
      Don Simkovichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A blog is typically about 200 or so words . . . quality Hubpages are 400+ . . . so if you want to do both, then use your blog to write more abbreviated versions and use Hubpages to provide more how to information . . .

hmm, hope this helps.

Thanks Eric for providing the Google link.

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
        Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would argue that it's better to do it the other way round.

There's no problem with having the longer posts on your own blog, and linking to them from shorter summaries at other sites.

This increases the backlinks to your site, and keeps you in control. If all your main content is on a site you do not own - ie Hubpages, Blogger, etc, then it could all disappear if your account is shut down for some reason.

If you have a network of articles, etc. pointing to YOUR own website, then the loss of some of them will have little or no effect.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Of course, when you asked this question we assumed it was your own blog you were copying from.

1. White Teeth profile image61
      White Teethposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

1. NZUNG SERAPHINE profile image60
        NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think its better to rewrite and change certain words or phrases to make it new and fresh than to just copy and paste.

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
          Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't.
          I think that it's better to write new and fresh content right out of your head.

The mountains of readily available PLR material, and all of the fancy tricks for scraping content from other sites is the reason why 95% or more of the internet contains total garbage, published by people who don't know  the first thing about what they are "writing" about.

@Marisa:
          My comments were directed to precisely the situation mentioned by the OP, where you publish material on your own website which also appears on another website.

Google will RARELY penalise your site in this situation, and only if you are doing it for purposes of gaming the search engines. (Please reread the relevant section in my link)

As you have correctly pointed out, the duplicate content Google is concerned about is where the same content is published on many pages of the one domain, and google will choose one of them to display if you do not specify which page you want them to display.

To put this more clearly, the duplicate content that Google is concerned about relates to the same content on multiple pages of the same domain.

It is NOT really concerned with the same content which appears on two or more different websites. That's the duplicate content myth that everyone is spouting.
          As darkside has correctly pointed out, if you have a page with the same content as another website, there are other factors besides the content which will determine the ranking of that page in the SERPS.

Anyway, I'm not advocating duplicate content. Be original. Write your own stuff on topics about which you have researched, or have knowledge.
          (But I know I'm in the minority here, and that most people see anything published on the internet as fair game for them to copy and use as they wish.)

5. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Stolen/duplicate content can still get indexed, but... it won't rank as high as the original. If you went and copied and pasted an article from Wikipedia onto a hub and published it, and if someone did a search for a phrase, I'd bet money on it that Wikipedia would rank better. Probably first. And the duplicate article may make it onto the first page of results. For a specific keyword that is popular, Wikipedia could take first place and the rest will be crowded out by other original articles all dealing with the same specific keyword. So why spend time posting duplicate content when that time could best be invested in writing something original and unique?

Stolen/duplicate content can still make money but... if it's not coming up high in the SERPs then that means not many people are finding the page, and therefore less chance of traffic. Less traffic means less money. In fact it could feel like the Search Engines are ignoring your article completely, but that's because people aren't digging that far down in the search results to find a page that the search engine knows full well is duplicate, which is why it didn't beat the article it copied.

A person could get some traffic, if they promote it heavily enough, and it might get a few visitors and the odd click on an ad. But that requires a lot more effort than having written an original and unique article which the search engines will favour.

But that's just my take on it.

6. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Why does hubpages attract so many dumb spammers?

"This is the most powerful way of making money through your blog some one says that niche content will make you billion hunk then you just write niche content then everyone will visit your blog and you will get money for that content if the advertiser uses your niche."

excerpt from challenged OP's hub...which apparently is stolen (according to comments) ...if your gonna scrape something, why pick something so poorly written?

Why bring attention to yourself by posting in forums.

Find a new hobby, your not gonna make it in this field

7. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

You are a cheat, you have already been reported by me and many others, and one of your articles appears OVER 150 TIMES ON THE INTERNET.

Now p*ss off you lazy cheating scumbag and come back when you have some backbone, some desire to achieve something positive with your life and some literacy.

Aaarrrrrggghhhhh...... these b*stards make me angry, I have just spent 3 hours on a hub and d*ckheads like you can rip it off in 30 seconds.

God knows why hubpages haven't banned you, at least 3 of us reported your content. It makes me doubt hubpages a bit for the very first time.

8. wesleycox profile image71
    wesleycoxposted 14 years ago

I believe hubpages just took care of this scoundrel.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)