Do you believe there is a hell?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. juliehess profile image60
    juliehessposted 14 years ago

Do you believe there is a hell?

2. Wealthmadehealthy profile image60
    Wealthmadehealthyposted 14 years ago

Of couse I believe in hell.  The Bible plainly states there is one and I am sure that I would not want to go there at all  !!!    In fact, in the very end, when it all comes down, and the Lord has come his final time, he will cast the Antichrist into the very depths of it.   

I have read Revelations, and have also read multiple books on the end times.  I do not stress over what is going on right now, it is all written and will play out the way the Bible says it will.   The whole challenge, problem and what disgusts me most of all (am I supposed to be disgusted)  is that all anyone in this world that I do not live in would have had to do was to follow the Ten Commandments, but man being the sinners we are, would not follow ten simple commands.   As I reacll, this is why the Israelites wandered for 40 years in the desert..they just couldn't get it.   

It also plainly states in the Bible exactly who will go to hell.  All of the idolaters, liars, aldulterers, whoremongers, thieves, and a few others- most of all, the people who refuse to keep the Lords day holy.

Anyone who does not believe in hell  LOL  will probaly end up there for lack of knowledge........

3. elisabethkcmo profile image78
    elisabethkcmoposted 14 years ago

no,  I believe in a loving higher power, there is no revenge or retribution for our lives here, just the opportunity to return and improve our character and live our best life , when we are done with our journey, then we are able to reach our heaven, or Nirvanna or whatever you believe

4. Valerie F profile image61
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

I believe in Hell. I also believe that God doesn't send anyone to Hell. We're quite capable of doing that ourselves by estranging ourselves from God.

5. Illuminatii profile image61
    Illuminatiiposted 14 years ago

According to the bible, there is a hell, but not like you think or have been led to believe. Hell is not a pit of fire or torture chamber for men's souls after a life of sin. Nowhere in the in the bible is this said.

It DOES say the false profit and the Beast will be thrown into the pit of fire for all eternity, That it does say.  But what about us? It is clear there is to be some serious consequence for the human soul. In my opinion, and from what I have taken from the bible, is that "Hell" is the complete and utter separation from God forever. A soul in heaven is rewarded, by being in perfect peace with God, there is no sadness or fear or regret.

If your earthy death was painful or traumatic, the soul would not remember, as this would cause distress.  A soul in hell would not be afforded this, and would spend eternity searching for peace, and never find it.  God gave us a choice, to be with Him forever or be separated from Him forever, lost in a void.

This is my personal belief from my reading and study.  In the end, it comes down to a very simple choice. What Hell really is aside, there are 2 roads.  One with a good outcome at the end, and one with a not so good outcome.  What will you choose?

6. Precious Pearl profile image75
    Precious Pearlposted 14 years ago

Absolutely, I believe in Hell and I thank God  He gave me the choice not to go there.  We will all be spending eternity somewhere.  He is very straight forward in His Word when He tells us to choose between life and death.  And then He gives us the right answer ... choose life. Why is it His fault if you make the wrong choice?

7. Born Again 05 profile image79
    Born Again 05posted 14 years ago

Hell is real...no doubt about it. There are two possible eternities; one spent with the Lord or the other total separation from God spent in hell. Revelation 20:13 tells us, "The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them.  And they were judged each one according to his works.  Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire.This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire."  Believers having repented of their sin and trusting In the finished work of Christ on the cross for their salvation, are found written in the Book of Life.

8. HOOWANTSTONO profile image60
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 14 years ago

There are 3 hells translated as a single word hell, but the Greek and Hebrew words are these
    The word Hell is translated in three ways :-

HEBREW
    Sheol....grave
    Gehenna…..Lake of fire

GREEK
    Hades……grave
    Geena…..Lake of fire

Tartaroo .......the bottomless pit reserved for the Demons

Sheol (Hebrew) and Hades (Greek) means GRAVE or STATE OF THE DEAD - THE PLACE OF THE DEAD.

Gehenna (Hebrew) and Geena (Greek) means PLACE OF THE UNWANTED, PLACE OF WHERE RUBBISH IS BURNT OR DISCARDED .

Jesus did not go to Hell the fire (Geena/ Gehenna) but to Hell the grave (Sheol/Hades), the place where all the dead go.

In Hades the grave, there are no living souls, there is no fire and no spirits or the demons as we have incorrectly been taught.

9. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

I used to because I was told that there was when I was just 5 years old, you know, those times when you were intelectually defenseless that you would believe anything you were told regardless of how silly it is=)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)