Are there any good free website hosting sites other than social networking? ex:

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)
  1. DedrickS profile image60
    DedrickSposted 14 years ago

Are there any good free website hosting sites other than social networking? ex: Small busi.

I have searched all over for good web hosting sites and the only thing that I can find are web sites offering free trials and others that are way too complicated.

2. profile image0
    mattcarpetposted 14 years ago

If your actually looking for a hosting for a small business you shouldn't go with free hosting, but since it is what you asked for check out ecrater.com they offer a free store front, though you can't do too much in the way of customization. Also if you're looking for a blog style site and don't mind templates blogger and wordpress are hosted free.

3. P.D. Smart profile image61
    P.D. Smartposted 14 years ago

I agree with mattcarpet, for a small business you are probably better off paying for webspace. However, many individual internet plans include some "free" webspace. For instance Earthlink offers 10 GB per email address as part of an email hosting service. ATT  and others offers similar plans.

4. Working-At-Home profile image61
    Working-At-Homeposted 14 years ago

Web hosting doesn't really cost that much. You can get some decent plans for around $6 to $12 per month. If you are serious about a small business web site, pay for a hosting plan. It is much more professional and it is much better for search engine optimization.

1and1.com and HostGator.com have some pretty good plans and are worth checking out.

5. profile image56
    Kevin Bevanposted 14 years ago

I use GVO who are in association with wwKiosk. $44 dollars a month inclusive of autrepsonder, conferencing software and more seems a good package.

If you want web presence with SEO try Wordpress for free.

6. george6928 profile image58
    george6928posted 14 years ago

You get what you pay for. If you really want a web presence dont underdo, overdo, look for a provider with unlimited domains, you will have more and ftp,php as well as blog platforms. you may not be into all of this now but you will be soon. A good web host with all of this as well as good uptime and bandwidth can be as little as 6-10 bucks per month. If you dont need a lot of high end stuff I use just Host, sister company of host gator.

If you want a pure blog I use wordpress for free but you cannot use it as a sales or affiliate site.Wordpress is one of the most Google recognized blog sites on the web.   
    Best regards

7. Entrepreneurist profile image60
    Entrepreneuristposted 14 years ago

Hi, I'm very glad to be able to inform you that you should definitely check out 110mb.com! I've been using this one for about two or three weeks now constructing my website. If you need any help with it I'll do the best I can to assist you. For free. Just know I haven't mastered it yet, but it's easy if you're the least bit computer savvy. Well, good luck. Oh, stay in touch and watch out for my announcement about my web site grand opening.

8. jtgoodgame profile image60
    jtgoodgameposted 14 years ago

Avoid free hosting if you can.  There is always slow speeds and downtime.  Something you cannot afford in a business.

9. liuwenhua profile image60
    liuwenhuaposted 14 years ago

Paid hosting doesn't cost alot. Looks more professional using it. Try hostgator.com, they have various packages to choose from.

10. linquish profile image61
    linquishposted 14 years ago

running a new website takes time to build credibility.If you seek a fast way to promote your business,i suggest to promote it on hubpages.com,squidoo.com or ezinearticle.com.Google like and trust these websites and your content will easily get rank.For driving traffic to your website,please check put
    http://hubpages.com/hub/how-to-drive-tr … my-website

11. Coach Cubas profile image62
    Coach Cubasposted 14 years ago

HI, DedrickS,

GoDaddy.com and Domaindo.com offer free hosting programs. The downside is all the ads that come along with "FREE." They can be distracting and perceived as unprofessional depending on the content of your site.

What is the nature of your website? This key question can move you in a direction of free vs. paid.

12. kingmee profile image57
    kingmeeposted 14 years ago

I was once like you looking for free services until I found out it gets you nowhere in internetmarketing. I spent years on the net trying to make money - never did make enough to justify the hours I spent clicking the mouse and tapping the keyboard. I learned the hard way, a domain name and a reliable web hosting is a necessary expenditure in any form of online business. You give nothing you get nothing.

Good luck.

13. Danny Denney profile image60
    Danny Denneyposted 14 years ago

GVO - Global Virtual Opportunities

I use and recommend GVO.

14. content profile image59
    contentposted 13 years ago

You absolutely do get what you pay for.  Good hosting doesn't cost a lot.  As they say, the most expensive price is FREE.  It's just more than what you receive for free, but it's also your mindset and what that is costing you.  What exists in your belief system that you cannot create the funds from whatever you are doing to be able to afford inexpensive hosting.....

15. kristisykes profile image58
    kristisykesposted 13 years ago

I agree with george6928 and liuwenhua as well. In essence nowadays hosting doesn't cost much, and you can get reliable hosting for a price that cost less than a meal at McDonalds.

I have been with HostGator for over a year now and I just signed my friend up and I used coupon code: HOST994HGH for him and saved him close to $10. I have been with at least 5 other companies and HostGator is really one of the best.

16. john_500 profile image58
    john_500posted 13 years ago

Hi there,

I notice you are interested in Free Web Hosting!

Check out this program...

It would really help you.

http://www.makecashonlinetoday.info

17. profile image53
    rbedo57posted 13 years ago

If you are really new at it like me. windows live has a pretty good and easy free website. I mean like everyone says you get what you pay for. I have had a few free websites on with them. The oldest being about 4 to 5 months, and I average about 140 visits per month. I am just now trying to find out if they would be worth paying for hosting. I made the websites, and I'm not really good at it. I have just recently began to sit down and try to read some instructions. But I'm not too good with them because of the terminology they use. It seems if you want to learn something like this you almost have to have a knowledge of it before you can learn it LOL... But you can check out my websites with them to see what you can do with basic computer knowledge. I'll list them below, remember don't laugh, I'm a newbie... http://www.grumpy1.com     http://www.grumpysbooks.com       and    http://www.haarps.com           NO LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)