Please help! Ebay has highjacked one of my hubs!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)
  1. wrenfrost56 profile image58
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I do not have an account set up with ebay, yet I have just found one of there ads on one of my hubs? What can I do and is that allowed and why? Any help would be greatly appreciatd much thanks in advance.

2. Michael Willis profile image66
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

I would be interested in this question also. If EBay refuses you as a partner in the money part of it, how can they be on your hub if you do not add their capsule?

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

perhaps its under the Hubpages ID, when it's their impression.

4. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 14 years ago

Most likely what you are seeing is an eBay advertisement that is run through Google as part of AdSense.  You'll be paid for clicks on that ad by Google.

5. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 14 years ago

eBay cannot hijack a Hub. 

You are aware that HubPages runs general ads on the site to pay for all of this, right?  If it was a sponsored ad, that's how those get there.

You can add eBay capsules and sell things even if you haven't joined eBay's affiliate program, it's just that HubPages would get all the earnings in that case.

I suggest you read the entire FAQ as you seem to be unclear on some of the finer details of how HubPages operates.

1. Michael Willis profile image66
      Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have read the FAQ and did again just to be sure I did not miss it. It says after you sign up with the affiliates. Not just one affiliate that all can post on your site.
      If it is through Google, then fine. Just say that. No need to sound patronizing.

1. relache profile image71
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

IMO, I wasn't being patronizing, I was doing some friendly teasing.  What my "voice" sounds to me in my head as I type and what you "hear" as you read can't be correlated.  If I decide to be patronizing, you'll know...

1. Michael Willis profile image66
          Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for explaining.
          I hope you can see in the FAQ why the info there about the original post can lead to a question though. It is really not that clear to what was being asked.
          For those who have been here for a long time they may have figured this out already or have been told.
          Sometimes the members of longevity may need to add a little help to those of us who are not as informed on some issues.

2. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hate to say it, but she always sounds like that, but usually when the answer is simple and a simple read of the FAQs could answer. Relache is very blunt and to the point.

No offense to you or anything, but I think this question has been answered before.

But like what has been said, you're probably seeing a google add, and yes you can still add ebay capsules and HP would just profit since you were denied. I'd suggest trying ebay again though, you never know since HP has spoken with ebay and they have the new verification feature thing, you never know, you may be approved. If you want to that is.

6. wrenfrost56 profile image58
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Will do thanks. I guess there are A LOT of finer points I missed when I sighned up for hubpages and whack off great ebay ads where one of them! Still I suppose a click is a click.

7. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

lmao ...you should be happy to take money from ebay whatever way possible.

why would ePn be interested in a partnership with a service (the complaining hubbers) that have less than a dozen web properties,prob not even worth the paperwork.(even automated)

1. wrenfrost56 profile image58
      wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like complaining, i'm british.

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nothing wrong with complaining! ...its just common to see people downright outraged when they cant get into ePn, they are usually sitting on 3-4 hubs, 50 visitors a month, no other sites, and wondering why one of the most trafficked sites in the entire web doesnt want to partner up with them

Doesnt seem directly applicable to either of you yet, but im sure if the thread lives long enough it will relate to many comments

ePn is becoming increasingly more stringent and less worthwhile anyway..(not in reference to hubs)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)