Is anyone using Info Barrel for revenue or backlink building?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Barb H profile image53
    Barb Hposted 14 years ago

I just reviewed a blog about Info Barrel and it sounds like a good site for building revenue and backlinks.  Dose anyone have experience with this new site and is it worth the effort? The blog and site are <snipped links>

2. MontyApollo profile image59
    MontyApolloposted 14 years ago

I have posted a couple of things there.

One good thing about it is after something is published (your 1st ten articles have to be reviewed first before they are published) is that it shows up in Google in less than 24 hours. Maybe Google likes the human review element.

The bad thing is that you currently cannot link to Google Analytics.

The concern as far as revenue is that it looks like a lot of people are spamming it for backlinks right now, so I don't how well its Google standing will work in the long run.

They show a running list of the last articles published, and it seems like every time I go there that the list has 5 articles in a row by the same person on the exact same topic all with the same backlinks.

3. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

That would be practicing bad biz policy. Exhibiting only one person? that would be unfair to others too. Yeah, they will most likely their G rating with those practices.

1. MontyApollo profile image59
      MontyApolloposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oops, I think I explained that poorly. They were not exhibiting only one person.

I meant that it seemed that a lot of authors there were frequently publishing 4 or 5 articles simultaneously on the same topic just to spam backlinks to another site. It wasn't always the same author doing it.

I just question that if it is so blatant, will it hurt their status as being a human-reviewed site. They allow you to use your adsense account and give the author 75% of the impressions, but it might not be a good revenue site if everybody else but you is using it just for backlinks.

4. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Barb and I must have been surfing the same sites yesterday!  Infobarrel looks very similar to HubPages.  I've seen it suggested as a good place to write articles and include links to your Hubs.  Thinking about it!

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lissie publishes there. I signed up under her.

5. Singular Investor profile image70
    Singular Investorposted 14 years ago

I signed up and have got around 10 articles up, I did it mainly for the backlinks and so far have had very few visitors and no clicks but it is early days -they have a contest each month and if you get over 30 points you get 90% of the adsense revenue for your articles, this sounds good but so far that is till 90% of 0

1. KIMTEJEDA profile image59
      KIMTEJEDAposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you have to create new articles? or can you use the same you alredy have in Hubpages

1. frogdropping profile image76
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes you do. As with HP - the content must be original and of good quality. It is easier to use in some ways - less effort on presentation for e.g.

I'd say that if you want to link, don't write there for that reason alone. I would imagine that if everyone started doing that it may indeed cause a Google spanking for the site.

Be sensible and fair. Write some comaparable articles and insert a link. But also deliver plain old written for the site stuff too. That's what I do. I don't take the cheese.

I just take a nibble smile

6. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

I registered with Infobarrel a month ago, but haven't had time to write articles there.
    What with the hubchallenge, which of course is fun.

7. Singular Investor profile image70

I've got to say that my experience of Infobarrel so far has not been good. They approve your articles pretty quick but that's abotu all they do. They don't answer e-mails or sort out any problems you might have. And according to infobarrel I'm getting about 100 visitors today to my articles but according to Adsense I got 1 ! I would ask the people at Infobarrel if there is something wrong but it would be a waste of time as they don't answer.
    Plus as far as I can see they don't have a forum so you can't ask questions of other users.

That is interesting about no reply; I emailed them at 9 or 10pm CDT once, and someone replied in about 15 minutes or so.

As far as 1 adsense impression per 100 visitors, this might be a safeguard type issue. I had like 30 visitors within an hour of an article being published. These were obviously people already at Infobarrel, and maybe it is setup so that someone already logged into an Infobarrel account cannot get impressions delivered from another Infobarrel account to deter questionable clicking. This is just speculation though.

I'm not sure I would want to see impressions from this kind of traffic anyway - it would kind of skew your statistics to have a 100 impressions from people who you really don't want to click anything anyway.

8. Singular Investor profile image70

I don't know Monty. If I am logged in to Infobarrel and look at someone else's articles I still see their Adsense adverts (with their Adsense ID number - I know because I have checked to see the difference between Infobarrel's own Adsense ID . and the article writer's Adsense ID) so I don't understand why IB would say I get 100 visitors a day and yet Adsense only shows 1 or 2 visitors (and no clicks) - it just seems odd, so my opinion of Infobarrel is still that it is not at all as good as HP.

With HP if HP say I have had 100 visitors then Adsense will say I have had 60, because 60% are counted for me and 40% for HP. And out of those 60 visitors some will click on the ads.  I would love to hear what other people's experience of IB has been.

You could run a test. Log-out (and maybe clear your cookies)and come back and click your article 20 times and see what percentage it shows your adsense ID.

I actually have made more money at Infobarrel, but I don't have enough traffic for the statistics to mean much. I like HP better if for no other reason than you have full control of what you publish, but I think it is a good idea not to get too attached and committed to one place. So far I think Infobarrel is a decent option for more than just backlinks.

9. AsherKade profile image57
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

Ive never heard of it...does it work?

10. curiozities profile image59
    curiozitiesposted 14 years ago

I've only been there a few weeks but I've already made more there than at HubPages.  but that's not saying a lot, I made about $1.40 at InfoBarrel and 14 cents here so far.  Also I should note one of my articles at InfoBarrel made Google's second page for my keyword and sometimes it makes the first page.  Also, I had another article that got 900-plus page views in less than a week at InfoBarrel (too bad it didn't translate into money).

11. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I signed up there too.

I like that there are no forums, writers platform only.

12. profile image0
    bannorposted 14 years ago

I am also having the same problem where article views are far higher than what is showing in my Adsense account. I set up URL channels for my individual articles (2 of them) in Adsense. As of right now my articles are showing 377 and 129 views respectively on Infobarrel, and 4 and 7 Adsense impressions in my account. Pretty bizarre.

Also, does anyone else find that the Adsense ads being served up don't match the content? I get make money online ads on a travel article I wrote. It is a specific niche that has plenty of advertisers, so I don't know what the issue is.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)