for me : Beauty is not from the face...beauty is a light in the heart .. agree

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. NikenDiana profile image58
    NikenDianaposted 13 years ago

for me : Beauty is not from the face...beauty is a light in the heart ..

agree ???

2. jdflom profile image68
    jdflomposted 13 years ago

I think there is beauty in all areas, in the face, in the heart, actions we do, and even in nature. We all see beauty in different ways at different times for different reasons. I don't believe it is so black and white.

3. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 13 years ago

Of course real beauty is within , you wouldn't know that looking around today though ,would you? A lot of really self centered people out there. It is such a farce that our society pushes total image . Because thats not where it's at.  I will notice a woman with and internal flame  anytime over one who uses image to attract attention.

4. Loveslove profile image61
    Lovesloveposted 13 years ago

Beauty comes from within..it matters not what a person looks like ( not entirely anyway !!)  but what lies within the heart and soul that matters.

5. eilander1542011 profile image60
    eilander1542011posted 13 years ago

Good points have already been made, but let me see if I can add something new. As jdflom said, there are many kinds of beauty; physical beauty - that of the face and body - spiritual beauty -  that internal flame that ahorseback mentioned - the beauty of nature and the universe, the beauty of a lack of beauty - meaning that we could not recognize beauty without ugly, so in a roundabout way, ugly is also beautiful.
    As far as people go, I would say that the more important beauty is that of the soul. Our culture is so corrupted and brainwashed to think only of physical, outer looks, yet we never find anything fulfilling when we look there. Now don't get me wrong, if a pretty girl walks by me I will look at her, but I will not be so bold as to call her beautiful until I have spoken with her and discovered how she utilizes the Light. So in the end I would have to say "yes, I agree," the Light within us all is the beauty that we should be most concerned with.

6. dabeaner profile image60
    dabeanerposted 13 years ago

No.  Enough of the political correctness.  You are mixing concepts.

7. LIFE IS ABOUT profile image61
    LIFE IS ABOUTposted 13 years ago

Beauty is from within. In this day and age go find your soul mate,
    and then if their outword apearance is displeasing hire a good plastic sugreon. Outside ugly can be fixed but inner ugly cannot. When I was younger I was atracted to outer beauty, but that inner phycotic, evil trolls from hell have changed my opinion. The truth of the mater is that if you truely love someone then all you are going to see is their perfection not their flaws, love is blind.

8. padmendra profile image49
    padmendraposted 13 years ago

Face beauty is only a skin  and  has a cosmetic value.  Beauty of a person never lasts long but if a person has a beautiful heart,   he is loved by everyone and is very near to God.  The comparison is before you to decide.

9. Chatkath profile image72
    Chatkathposted 13 years ago

True Beauty is but a light in the heart, as we labor tirelessly to appear younger, thinner or the latest version of "hot" the real focus should point elsewhere perhaps - otherwise the journey is fruitless, much like a stunning but hollow shell... read more

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)