Ever since my best friend died about a year ago, everytime I look at the clock (

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. profile image51
    italianbellaxo69posted 13 years ago

Ever since my best friend died about a year ago, everytime I look at the clock (EVERYTIME) It...

always says 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44. 5:55... 10:10, 11:11. 12:12... This has never happened to me before. It only started when he died. Please help me, I dont understand what this means. Is is him trying to tell me something or just him around me in general? Sometimes when I see certain ones I get goosebumps from head to toe and tingling all over my body which I may be doing to myself but you never know. Please help... This has been happening for a year now and I dont understand why. It doesnt scare me but it would help to know if my best friend has something to do with it. Thank you-    Bella

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/3934508_f260.jpg

2. bushraismail profile image58
    bushraismailposted 13 years ago

no no...it is only your mind trying to fool you. may be it will wear off with time. keeping yourself busy might help..
    hope i helped you!!

3. TheZen ofWriting profile image61
    TheZen ofWritingposted 13 years ago

Your emotional makeup has bonded you to your friend.  Therefore, look at these emotions.  Embrace them.  Love them.  Feel the pain of loss.  Weep until you are unable to weep.  Then, think of him as he was.  Know that he will always be part of you.  Know that he wants you to move forward in your life, to go to a higher level.  This higher level is his legacy to you.  Your focus will change to what that higher level is.  You will recognize it.  You will then go to that level.  When you arrive there, you will be living with his love, but at a level of understanding where you accept his loss, and focus your energies on yourself and your movement forward.  What is, is.

4. hearttalker profile image38
    hearttalkerposted 13 years ago

who knows you can never say never because there is something else out there

5. misterdiggs profile image57
    misterdiggsposted 13 years ago

When we lose people we have loved dearly and are very close to.

Some part of that persons essence becomes part of us.  Not all of them mind you but some part of their spirtual selves as it were is transfered to us; with our permission of course.

Some spiritual part of your friends essence has become part of you and your noticing of time in threes as it were is his essence expressing itself in you.

It is perhaps his way of saying; "part of me is still with you and I will be here when it is your time."

...the cycle continues...

6. LeeWalls profile image60
    LeeWallsposted 13 years ago

Your friend can't be communicating anything to you because when a person dies they're not conscious, they can't hurt you nor can they send any messages. "For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they any more have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten." Ecclesiastes 9:5

I hope I've brought some kind of understanding to your situation. I wish you the best.

7. Angelic Musings profile image63
    Angelic Musingsposted 12 years ago

I would say that death being the reminder of mortality, clocks are going to be a jarring thing to look upon for some time.  This is a reminder to remain mindful of the treachery of clocks, which tell not the time, but the measure of time.  Time is precious and rare, and gone forever is the opportunity to interact with the person he was in this world.  There is hope however, in that if you take the time that the clocks are trying to remind you of, and with that time teach to others the lessons your friend gave to you, then he will live forever in this world through precious memories, and forever in the other world as those who watch admire his handiwork in you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)